It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Book

page: 1

join
share:
HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm writing a book, anyone see any subjects I overlooked?

Outline

Reincarnation
Shadow People
Ghosts
Demonic Possession
Dreaming
Sleep Paralysis Episode
Lucid Dreaming
half asleep/awake
dream that left physical scratches
premoniton, precognition and deja vu dreams

Telepathy
Negative Incoming Telepathic Vibrations (NTIV)
Psychic
Healing Energy
Good Angels vs. bad angels
Orbs
Subliminal messages
Mind and/or body control
Black Magick and conjuring
The Zodiac
Astral Projection
Hypnosis
Intuition/premonitions vs. deduction
Emotions, pain and electricity
Spirit life after death - Afterlife
The spatial relationships in the after life
The Near-death experience
Do objects contain energy?
Religious Paranormal Artifacts and fetishes
Childrens' wisdom
Spirtual Mediums
Levitation
Chakras and Eastern Religeous concepts
Islamic concepts and Mohammed
Mirror meditation
Exorcism
Witchcraft
Tarot
Voodoo
Memory - images, moving and still, emotions and words
Telekinesis
Channeling
Definitions - Spirit, Soul, superstition, Paranormal, Metaphysical
ESP, EVP, clairvoyent and clairaudient, supernatural
Haunted places and people
Concepts and definitions on Hell, Heaven, God and the devil
Revelations of the bible
Animal telepathy
Communicating with plants/trees
Out of body experiences (OBE)
The third eye

VISIONS I HAVE EXPERIENCED..........
Noise and sound heard, also tastes and smells from telepathic sources
Skin contact from telepathic sources
Shapeshifting
Sensing spiders
Spaceships and aliens
Fireball
Cobalt Blue energy
Portal
Pity Orb
and many more.........

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
How many years it going to take?

[edit on 5-2-2006 by dAlen]

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It is mostly written already, it will take some time putting all the pieces together though. Probably spend 1-3 years looking for the right publisher.
But after investigating the paranormal for the last 35 years, 1-4 years till publishing date isn't that long.
I see you're from Hungary, are there any Hungarian publishers there that will translate paranormal thesis from English to Hungarian? I'm sure this book will be more read in foreign countries than America.

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Remote Viewing/Astral Projection.

Well I guess I'll give up on that plan. I had the idea of writing a book about every single paranormal event I had heard about/encountered as well, explaining all the possibilities and then presenting my own personal conclusions and opinions I have come to.

Not worth it now

Guess I better concentrate on my other book, before somebody steals that idea too.

If you manage to get it published, I'd like to hear how you went about it. That's the part I don't understand about writing a book at this point. How do you get it official, and submit it to publishers, etc. I don't really want an agent, I just want to submit it to a bunch of places and see what they say, but I've looked all around the internet and most big publishers say "we do not accept manuscripts" etc. So how do you get it published?

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
here is what I know so far Yarco.

The % you get from sales is real low, apparently the bulk of it goes to the publisher for their distribution system to all the book stores. And the printing.

An agent is out of thet question for me.
Some will take a copy of the book on a cd, some have to have a manucsript printed out. They do not require an agent.
One publisher in the Seattle area will publish underground types of books, but automatically rejects anything that mentions God. This place is small time anyways and it is kinda hard not to write about the paranormal without going into angels, the holy ghost and God, as well as the underworld. Even if it is all superstition to equate unknown forces frrom the living, many visions throughout time have been equated to the religeous labels of God and the devil.

Sometimes a publisher will give you an advance, like this smalltime one, I can look it up for you if you want. Usually about 1000-2000. When you consider the amount of time that goes into writing a book, the hourly wage isn't very much. Unless it goes best seller, chances are it isn't worth it. The book game seems to be well entrenched in the mire of commerce. Don't you just love it, reduced for the time being, running snippets of experiences on newsgroups, and no one ever getting a clear complete idea of what the heck your writting about??????

ahahahaha, what a wonderful world we live in
life is good.......

just downloaded an orb or two floating in my living room.......yeah right!
if this compares to all other orbs coming up on recent posts, I'm going to suggest to Don'tTreadon Me, mister moderator, that these posts be debunked, deleted and otherwise dismissed, pics eat up a lotta bytes.
Oh I see I have to put it on my website to get it on here, or I would right now. Okay later days in the haze craze. Gotta boogie....

Honor Seed

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
why not try an e-book?
or an on-line paranormal "class".

With the amount of material I would use frames so its easy to navigate.

the following is what I consider a good way to present lengthy material online.
www.truthbook.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
HS, I'm not too concerned about becoming a huge rich author. I'm going to have a job anyways. Writing will just be more of a spare time thing. If I become huge, then awesome. If not, meh.

If I got $2,000 - 5,000 for my book and it was actually available in bookstores, I would be ecstatic. If I made $20k or more I'd probably quit my part-time job and just focus on school entirely for the next couple of years haha. But if any publishers read this, I won't settle for anything lower than 100k! haha

Mostly I just want an actual hard copy of my book, with a professional cover, and actually bound like a book. No crappy spiral binding or anything. A REAL book haha. That is my goal. If I had one actual book I had written, in book-form, that would be cool.

I just want to give a chapter of my book to a publisher, get rejected a few dozen times. Get one to say they like it and want to publish it, I give them the full thing and they take care of the rest, and I just get bank deposits every once and a while. It's more the ego boost of seeing a whole bookshelf with my name on it, than the money.

I have a funny, entertaining book in the works that I think will interest young teens all the way to full-grown adults. I hope it works out, anyway.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That's pretty cool HS. I've always liked your posts, so I'll buy it. Keep us updated on the release and other info.

HS

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
dAlen, thanks for the link, I'll check it out later. I like the idea, if I can download the book for $5.00 to someone.(gonna take a lot of time before this happens though) Maybe I'll do it from my website.
In fact, yeah, great idea. Cut out the middle man, easier on the eyes to read larger print that is lit up. Can go anywhere in the world with a click of the button. I can copyright it first. Even include drawings and copies of paintings I have started of the UFO and shadow beasts with cow horns in the tree. maybe even get up to the mountains where I saw a heck of lot of visions, snap a shot and somehow overlay my vision on top of that. What would be really cool is if I knew enough to make some of the treestumps wave their branches like hands, they seemed happy evrytime I waved at them and mindspoke hello, they waved back. And the babbling oracle who had ivy growing around his tall black tophat in a swirl walked around the bushes and froze, that would be a fantastic image to get up on a short video. I just don't have the computer know how to do it yet.

Anyways Yarco, I'll go thru a ton of my links and find that Seattle publisher for you.

Reggie, thanks a lot for the cool support and the new link to mister breakdancer
we'll stay in touch.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just a thought... Llewellyn has been publishing paranormal and new age books for decades. They accept submissions from authors and from agents, so you could deal directly with the publisher if you wanted to.

I think they'd be very interested in a book as comprehensive as the one you describe. A nice thick softcover book like that would sell in a new age store for $30-$50. The stores pay the publisher at least 40% of the cover price. (Or at least they did 12 years ago) That 40% is divided between the author and the publisher (and your agent, if you use one). You would probably receive a large payment of $20,000 - $60,000; and receive royalties on any books that sell over the initial payment. The publishing house will edit your manuscript free of charge. Do not work with a publishing house that charges for editing, typesetting, printing, etc. (should you choose to use a publisher)

Any way you choose, I wish you the best of luck; it sounds awesome!

HS

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for the links Busymind.

Yarco here are the links for the underground book publisher outta Seattle.

wanted unusual manuscripts
www.loompanics.com...

here is some useful info on writing a book and includes footnote
format, no mention of religeon wanted in their books.
www.loompanics.com...

thanks again
Honor Seed

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
HS! What a project!!! How many pages long do you think it will be?
It could be like an encyclopaedia of the paranormal -
But why dont you divide the topics in 2? This way you can sell 2 books instead of one - and, also the potential buyer wont be put off having to read through one thick, bulky book?!?! Just an idea....

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hey HS

I've read several of your threads. Very interesting. I would be interested in knowing how your book comes along, sounds like it would be informative (from your postings it seems you have had many in depth experiences)! Also you mention shapeshifting. I would be interested in knowing if you have any threads on this topic. I have been listening to a Shamanic Navigations cd on personal shapeshifting and trying some of the excercises.

Good Luck with the book, keep us all posted!

Also, what is your take on "orbs" is there anything to that at all?

[edit on 8-2-2006 by dirty_underground]

HS

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
dirty,
I just posted some info on shapeshifting in Toralyns post named Shapeshifting. AS far as orbs go, there are layers of consciousness constantly under development with all living people. The orbs people and I see are the projection of ones' own aware mind which discerns others subconscious projections of their own aura which is in an advanced state of self confidence and happiness also. Not all, but most orbs are of the PTIV type, positive incoming telepathic vibrations.

Honor Seed

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I was just wondering if you had any updates on your project. I haven't seen your name around here on anything lately, just wondering how you are.

top topics

join