It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's stopping them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
personally, i think there are aliens becuz the universe is 2 big for only one planet to have life on it.. but i got a question, if there are aliens and there advanced enuff to reach earth, whats stoppin them from jus comin down and landing newhere they want and exposing themselves?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If they come down and EXPOSE themselves they could be charged with a felony and be sentenced to a year in the county jail or a $5,000 fine. Or at the very least held for psychological evaluation in the local nut can.

Jeeze, thats all we need, alien flashers!

[edit on 4-2-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What's stopping them? Common sense I imagine.

God knows if I was a member of an intergalactic sentient space-fairing race, I would keep clear of this dirt ball. It's overrun by something like a virus with shoes (Miss ya' B. Hicks).

Besides food/minerals/chemicals (and perhaps humor), I can't see a single redeeming feature of our species. We have a gift, and we waste it. We could have been the stewards of this paradise, and instead we're the ungrateful bums trashing it and making it less livable with every generation that passes.

Screw humanity, we suck.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Put yourself in their shoes. If you were to visit a bickering country, would you dare land in the middle of a bickering zone and expect both sides to lay down their quarels, and fix you a martini as a welcome?

How many of you would pay a visiting call to the president of the country while going there either for business or tours, let alone your own embassy? Wouldnt you just go straight to whatever or whoever your intentions are then go back home till the next time?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I agree with what Wyrdeone says. But I believe theres more to it, they are here, they have been for a long time, and they probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They see us start wars, wage campaigns against each other, and see us mistreat this lovely planet we call home. The only way we can learn is through our mistakes and that is part of our conscious evolution, it's either we learn through these mistakes that there is always a better way, or we perish. If they decided to show themselves and co-relate with us they would probably be able to solve all our problems, but how are we going to learn from that? I'd imagine that all advanced civilizations that pass through our solar system agree to only observe and not influence our maturity.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
They won't expose themselves as they have know doubt seen the destruction we can throw around with a little 10,000 mega-tonne warhead.

I'm sure splitting atoms right next to an alien's craft which will have super-mega-hypersonic-magna-deflector shields is gonna make em' spoon.
Technology or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
They won't expose themselves as they have know doubt seen the destruction we can throw around with a little 10,000 mega-tonne warhead.

I'm sure splitting atoms right next to an alien's craft which will have super-mega-hypersonic-magna-deflector shields is gonna make em' spoon.
Technology or not.

Sorry boss, most warheads now-adays have a yield of about 1 megatonne of power, not 10,000. And if they can travel the rediculous spaces between our world and theirs, im sure they can sense the explosion and accelerate to a safe distance miles away in less than a second.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Sorry boss, most warheads now-adays have a yield of about 1 megatonne of power, not 10,000. And if they can travel the rediculous spaces between our world and theirs, im sure they can sense the explosion and accelerate to a safe distance miles away in less than a second.

over exaggeration... you see... you see???

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

over exaggeration... you see... you see???

I think I see it...wait...nope I definately don't.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Why reveal themselves when they can just wait a couple hundred years and we'll have killed ourselves. Only a matter of time before nature kicks in and terminates the disease known as humans.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I agree - why would you want to come down here.
Just wait a few more years and we will have blown ourselves up and then they can can just walk in and take the lot. A few of us might get lucky and still be around but lets just hope that when they do get here they do a better job than we have.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When we become a threat to the rest of the universe instead of just killing ourselves on this planet they will deal with us. They come and go all the time and have secret bases. It's mostly done in secret because we can not handle them being here. Our leaders can't handle them being here because they can't handle what they can't control and they want to control everything right down to who you are having sex with. It would be nothing but war if they revealed themselves and our leaders would have convinced themselves and most of the population that the aliens started it.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by grasshopper]

new topics

top topics

join