It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Administration, an Illegal regime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nazi germany and a police stop ARE not the same. I mean, are you truly serious when you say that? Are you serious in your thinkning that if you are driving down the highway, and you are pulled over, that you do not have to give up a license?

There are occasionaly warrants that are server to the incorrect house, and as far as corrupt police, yes, I have know more than a few. However, name an instance where the FBI, DHS, CIA or black helicopters came and whisked a middle aged man/woman (white,black,chinese, hindu) out of his home and he was never seen from again. That is Nazi germany folks, and alot like Iraq.

It infuriates me when people compare my country to the Nazis. We are not a country of unemployed and disenfranchised people who need someone to believe in to turn our country around because that is what the Nazi's did. they used an ideology that people would believe in to give them hope of something better and used them. You work to restrcit what my government can do to protect from people such as the NAzi's, who would more compare to the Muslim population. They are poor, have nothing to lose and want to kill any Westerner they meet. That sounds like a Nazi circa 1943 to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

First, if the police ask you for your license, give ti to them. You know, there are law enforcement officials out there trying to protect you. and how does the local police tie into Bush and his regime? Your lucky you didn't get arrested and I would actually call you out on the story, because they generally will turn off your car, search you and it and arrest you for obstruction. You give them probable cause by acting like a moron and not giving up your license.

The Fourth Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Deny ignorance, my friend.

Also ,please don't pull the race card? What black people were killed to allow you to vote?

Wow, are you serious? I really try not to get upset when white people don't understand what black people, collectively, have been forced to endure in order to get equal rights in this country, but this is out of control. You claim to be an American, but you don't even know your own country's history.

Here are some links. Please learn something.
The Colfax Massacre, 1873
The people who marched and died for the Voting Rights Act

I mean, Kanye says bush hates black people but he has had plenty in and currently in his cabinet. I do not meant this to be offensive, I am just asking why.

You know, I don't think you meant to be offensive, but you were anyway. Bush doesn't have to like black people to realize that they're qualified for the job.

We are not a country of unemployed and disenfranchised people who need someone to believe in to turn our country around because that is what the Nazi's did. they used an ideology that people would believe in to give them hope of something better and used them. You work to restrcit what my government can do to protect from people such as the NAzi's, who would more compare to the Muslim population. They are poor, have nothing to lose and want to kill any Westerner they meet. That sounds like a Nazi circa 1943 to me.

We are, in fact, a country of un(der)employed and disenfranchised people.

Bush I and II both employ a divisive political strategy with race as the not-so-subtle undercurrent. Does Willie Horton ring a bell?

Normally, this divisive strategy is built on the premise that blacks (or whichever ethnic group is handy, it doesn't really matter) diluting the labor force is the reason why so many white people in this country are poor. [The real reason is because their politicians have to keep it that way so they can get rich.]

But now, it's 'open season' on Arabs and/or Muslims. The hook this time is a little more inclusive: all Americans can share terrorism. So, we're supposed to get so terrified that normal thinking Americans who have always taken pride in the freedoms afforded us in this country say, "Oh, you want to check my 'papers?' Sure, be my guest! I know you're real worried about those terrorists." And little by little, our freedoms are eroded.

Originally posted by godservant
Bush IS breaking laws. People ARE trying to do something about. NO ONE is succeeding. Does this tell anyone anything?

Thank you, gs! It tells us plenty. The executive branch has become exactly what the Founders feared.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was simply asking yuou not to pull the race card because it should not matter, and I truly did not know about those 2 gentlemen that died. I knew of the march, but never knew the part of the death, always the speech by Dr King at the end. My humblest apologies
Thank you for the link.

I know my amendmants, but I have also been through the justice system and know that it is baloney, and they can come in, do what they want, and it is your word against theirs. What they decide to report is what is reported. I learned real young to yes officer, no officer, or else they can bust you a$$ for no reason, it is jsut common sense. I do not agree with it, but there is nothing you can do about it, and it has nothing to do with President Bush.

I also know the plight of the Irish, so I can empathize with African Americans. I could never feel your pain, but I can try to understand it.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You are just trying to shift away everything.
The responsability falls on who ever makes rules.
You are saying no big deal it has always been like that.
Well makeing it legal and transparent will always fast forward it to total opresion.

Here is an example, not a realistic one but it works in theory just like the laws that are present to this day.

It's like cops take bribe and a law is passed that makes bribe legal, it's sort of that.
Before the law is passed.
If you dont want to give bribe you have your chance in court.

After the law is passed.
If you dont want to give bribe you go to jail possible no court either.

If laws such of these are accepted that are in power or has been (patriot act) it can only get worse.
Well we see you dont care so here is another set of laws and another and anoter until the poop hits the fan.

So the fact that it is the same but legal now does not make it the same because it has the posiblity to evolve and mutate in something else(it's legal)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I was simply asking yuou not to pull the race card because it should not matter...

Of course it doesn't matter, but I mentioned it because, unlike a 1st- or even a 3rd- generation immigrant, my people have been invested in this fight for a very, very long time. When I picked up the mantle and began my lifetime as a full- fledged citizen, I took it very seriously. I even looked up stuff and paid attention to the debates.

I know my amendmants, but I have also been through the justice system and know that it is baloney... I learned real young to yes officer, no officer, or else they can bust you a$$ for no reason...I do not agree with it, but there is nothing you can do about it, and it has nothing to do with President Bush.

That's exactly my point. Its not the right, but the duty of an American to defend his or her civil rights. If they're infringed upon, and you do nothing, then you deserve whatever comes next. If "it infuriates [you] when people compare [your] country to the Nazis," but "[you] learned real young to yes officer, no officer, or else they can bust you[r] a$$ for no reason," which one is it? You can't have it both ways. It will only "sound like a Nazi circa 1943" if you let it, and we're fast approaching a point of no return, notwithstanding a revolution.

I also know the plight of the Irish, so I can empathize with African Americans. I could never feel your pain, but I can try to understand it.

That's cool. I have a little bit of Irish ancestry, so I looked into their history. They had it really messed up, but I would compare it more to the plight of the Native Americans, since they were still in their own land. But all the miscellaneous abuses that accompany colonialism were still there (rape, pillage, murder, overall dehumanization, etc). I find it more egregious when the colonizer messes with the religion of the colonized- that's kinda hitting below the belt.

Originally posted by pepsi78
If laws such of these are accepted that are in power or has been (patriot act) it can only get worse.
Well we see you dont care so here is another set of laws and another and anoter until the poop hits the fan.

So the fact that it is the same but legal now does not make it the same because it has the posiblity to evolve and mutate in something else(it's legal)

Exactly!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by HarlemHottie]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Why don't we do something? It has to start somehow, it has to start with SOMEONE saying it. Let's DO something! Don't just sit back and say "You are supposed to do this when they ask, it's always been that way."

Defend what is RIGHT, stand up for what you believe! Please, please let us do something.

I think we can start with the Patriot Act. We need to draft a letter, and we need to start getting people to sign it.... yes, it's assanying! But it's what needs to happen FIRST!

Who is willing to put their money where their mouth is? Who is willing to show some conviction? Who is willing to put their anonymous personas aside and put their name on something?

Who here is willing to die for freedom? Who is willing to pay their life, possibly losing their children a parent or their family a friend?

If you are not willing to pay the cost of blood for change, you need to sit down... because if you are not willing to risk everything, then you may as well remain meek as everything falls down around you.

Do not declare what is wrong, if it is wrong, try and fix it.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Start in you own community. If you start by the time you are 30, how much do you think you can accomplish politically in 20 years? That is alot of time to first make a difference in your own neighborhood, then your city, state or even across the nation with a Senate or Congressional seat. Become a lobbyist and craft your own niche, and do not do it for race or religion but for yourself, and your fellow man.

There is no way to change today, but if you try you can change tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Don't be RIDICULOUS! We have the INTERNET!

This isn't like 1980! Right here, at our fingertips, POWER! Power to make change! Power to make waves! Power to get NOTICED! We are connected to millions of people right here at our screens, don't you ever imagine how much that might effect things to change? If we actually tried, if we actually put our minds to it.... I am sure we could accomplish something in a shorter time period than TWENTY YEARS!

Otherwise all of this technology is USELESS.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword
Don't be RIDICULOUS! We have the INTERNET!

We have it, BUT - folks are using it, and the courts, and the protests, and the letters to elected officials.

People ARE using all these routes and still...

nothing.

"We the People" - no longer

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Internet is excellent, but I am suggesting that you start with your hometown. Care, protect and make progress with what is around you, and then help others. If everyone did this in thier own communities, you could take back this 'corrupt' government that many preach about and push your own agenda. go to City council meetings, and the media will take notice if you are making valid points. Fact is though people do not take the time to actually follow throug. Start small and think large, if you throw it all out there at once you are doomed to fail.

In saying that, the Bush administration was elected and for 2 years you have the time to research who you feel will be the best candidate to replace him in the next election. Trust me, the last job I would want is taking the presidency in 2009 and that is why no one is stating that they will run.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ES makes a great point. Get involved in local politics. If you start at a local level to change policies that directly affect you and yours you can make a small dent in this screwed up world. Protesting and bitching about federal and state level politics is pointless.

I attend every city council meeting I can, just to see what relevance the policies have on my life. I speak out frequently and have worked with several community leaders to induce change. I have accomplished more on a local level in a year than decades of protesting Bush will ever do.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

Wow, are you serious? I really try not to get upset when white people don't understand what black people, collectively, have been forced to endure in order to get equal rights in this country, but this is out of control. You claim to be an American, but you don't even know your own country's history.

You only get upset when "white people" don't understand?

I know American history very well, and I can tell you that many whites suffered and were killed to get blacks the right to vote. Then there was the civil war which of course was shared by all Americans.

You know, I don't think you meant to be offensive, but you were anyway. Bush doesn't have to like black people to realize that they're qualified for the job.

So, do you believe everything "Kanye West" says?

What gives you the crazy idea that President Bush in anyway dislikes black people? You are just making up lies, sad.

-- Boat

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Boat, I have to interject a bit here...

You cannot honestly think that whites have endured even close to the amount of injustice that blacks have in order to attain the crooked version of freedom they have now. Racism is still alive in white america, and being a white dude myself I am more than qualified to say so. We (whites) dont turn on the hoses and sic the dogs anymore. We dont need to lynch. We have perfected silent racism.

I agree that a lot of whites fought for equal rights (I am one of them), but its not even fair to say it was a burden equally shared.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't you realize if there truly was a Bush Nazi regime, that just by posting what you did you would get a visit. Bush did not enslave us, credit cards and car payments did. I remember when I had one phone bill, and now i have 3. (Digital phone fax and cell).

Bush's administration was handed 9/11, months after he was in office. Can you even imagine that. I mean, if you are a middle manager, and someone doesn't show up for work, you might have to work hard to get him covered. Whew, it is tough making managerial decisions. No imagine you are sitting in a classroom, and some tells you a plane hit the WTC, and then another. Can you imagine?

There is no police state, and there will only be one if there is a WMD attack and because the general populous will go nuts, panic and riot. Look at New Orleans, it was a hurricane, and look at the looting and violence. Can you imagine a WMD hit in LA or Detroit or Atlanta..It would make the Watts riots look like the Mr Rogers show.

12 people voted against, it, but how many voted for it? There are parts of the PA I do not agree with, but it is needed.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Boat, I have to interject a bit here...

We dont need to lynch. We have perfected silent racism.

I agree that a lot of whites fought for equal rights (I am one of them), but its not even fair to say it was a burden equally shared.

Are you saying that mental racism is just a bad as killing a human being?

All I am saying is that saying that President Bush hates black people is a lie, and it is falsehood to say that just because blacks suffered in the past, that it is okay for blacks to call ANY white person of today a racist.

Blacks are guilty of raciam as well.

-- Boat

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I didnt mean to give that impression. It is definately not. I guess I should have read more of the thread.

I thought you were saying that whites enduring racism as a way of justifying the terrible things inflicted on minorities in the past.

I doubt you think that now, sorry.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
is located right here in this thread. Once again people spout information that is blatantly incorrect and outright lies....all of which have been disproven.

The horse is dead......stop beating it and do something constructive.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

You only get upset when "white people" don't understand?

Um, I actually said that I, at least, attempt not to get upset.

And when I said "white people," I meant just that: people who consider themselves "white." When I have this conversation with people who consider themselves 'ethnic people,' of any color (meaning "Irish", "Mexican," "English," "Ghanaian," etc), I can refer to potential parallels in their history, and that definitely makes the conversation easier.

When Americans consider themselves "white," only, a historical discussion morphs into an issue of me "trying to make them feel guilty." That is a debate in which I don't care to engage myself.

I know American history very well... there was the civil war which of course was shared by all Americans.

Is that so? Well, I don't think that the main issue was slavery, exactly. It was more an overall problem of states' rights, and it seems that wikipedia would agree. In freeing the slaves, the Union did just what any enemy would do during war: they weakened their opponent's economy and, in a "2-fer" deal, managed to get more soldiers out of it. Good strategy, if you ask me.

So, do you believe everything "Kanye West" says?

I may have mis-quoted, but I did not, myself, mention Kanye West. But, now that you bring it up, I was of my own, similar, opinion long before Kanye West ever showed up.

What gives you the crazy idea that President Bush in anyway dislikes black people?

Um, only his entire domestic agenda.
But, no, seriously... More precisely, he doesn't like anyone who's poor, and a large number of that pool, in this country, is black.

You are just making up lies, sad.

That was a bit unneccesary, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
dont let the left right paradigm fool you, all the intitatives sought out by this administration has been brought about by the shadow governments extra terrestrial biological entity sci/tech proponent integration endevour. this has been the plan since roswell and the propagation of the NSA. to lock down our frontal systems of government and create plethora of secured and networked secret underground technology containment cells. by initiating secret doctrites into the affiliated beureaus they can institute the secret proponents properly, and foward their plan for whatever they have in store for us. NWO perhaps?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword

I think we can start with the Patriot Act. We need to draft a letter, and we need to start getting people to sign it.... yes, it's assanying! But it's what needs to happen FIRST!

That's an excellent proposal, that's why it's already been done. I've signed several petitions, all of which went nowhere. Why? Because, to the people who matter, its still a 'partisan' issue... in fact, that seems to be the case with the 'little people' too.

Boards like this, hopefully, editorialists, and other people who speak out against this craziness can help to galvanize the public.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join