It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Administration, an Illegal regime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
George W. Bush is an illegal president. Everything he is doing is illegal under the US constitution.

Lets start with the war.

War in Iraq IS illegal. Obviously. They admit already that we went there under false pretenses...oh yea the president lying to the people to go to war isnt illegal.

It says in the constitution that ONLY congress can declare war. When Bush came to office, he changed that law. Few people realized it, and even fewer protested it.

Even the NY Times admitted Bush was ''seizing dictatorial power''. Nobody cares.

Seizing Dictatorial Powers

These guys should be hung for treason. They already abolished ammendments of the Constitution with his Patriot Act, and tried with other bills they couldnt get passed thank god.

In the Patriot Act, section 802, it says the definition of ''domestic terrorism'' is anything that ''involves acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the laws of the United States or of any State''.

Therefore, smoking a marijuana cigarette is an act of terrorism. Speeding is an act of terrorism. Owning a gun in a gun-banned city is an act of terrorism (despite what the constitution says).

They have used the Patriot Act to go after strip bar owners, rock concerts, zit-faced kids caught with a bag of weed, people refusing to have their cars searched after a routine stop, all of this the media actually reported on.

These laws arent for muslim extremists with big beards wearing turbins....these are laws for ordinary people. These laws for Joe Public, Sammy Soccermom, and little junior.

It also says, from section 803-806, that anybody suspected of harbouring, financing, or anyone who gives ''material support'' to SUSPECTED terrorists are also terrorists. That could be MANY different people.

These laws dont effect Al Queda. They dont effect Osama. They effect people who had no involvement at all in 9/11...have no involvement at all with Al Queda...have no involvement with acts of terrorism.

Not to mention most of the people arrested for being a suspected terrorist, are found later to be completely innocent, like one man, I forget his name, who they said was an ''Islamic Extremist'', when he owned a small American buisness, and was married to a white roman catholic! Later found to be totally innocent.

It also says in the Patriot Act, that the police has the power to search you without a warrant. They are allowed to go into your house and take (or plant) anything they want, and not tell you they were there for 6 months.

In the Bill of Rights, Ammendmend 4, it says ''The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized''

I wonder if domestic wiretapping breaks that law as well, I would think it does.

But, that law no longer exists, thanks to the Patriot Act.

But, supporters of the Patriot Act will say that there is a sunset clause, section 224, it says that shall cease to have effect as of December 21, 2005 (although Bush has fought hard to extend it and make it permenant).

BUT, it also says that ''Supplemental rules apply under certain Admiralty and Maritime claims''....If you do your homework and look up Admiralty and Maritime claims, that is MARTIAL LAW.

In lame terms, that means that the sunset clause will cease to take effect under Martial law.

If you dont believe me, read the Patriot Act for yourself.

USA PATRIOT ACT (HR3162)

Now, what about congressional meetings in which officials openly discuss using crisis to declare martial law, and subvert the constitution. Its true, I got the tapes.

In fact, one Utah representative, actually came right out and said, and I quote, ''Well, Mr. Chairman, I was quite concerned about what I had read in the Miami newspapers and several other publications, in which it says there are plans to use a natural disaster in order to subvert the constitution....''

Chairman Linowitz goes ''That matter shall not be touched upon at this stage. If you want, we can organize an executive meeting in which that matter will be discussed.''

Why? Thats is deadly important. What are you hiding Mr. Chairman?

My point is, they want Martial Law. Why? So they can subvert the constitution, which Bush called a ''goddamn piece of paper.''

Now, in the Declaration of Independance, it says very clearly that we must overthrow those who would overthrow the constitution. Here is the direct quote. It says.....

''That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed under the constitution; and that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.''

It also says that.....''when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.''

It says very clearly...anyone who attempts to alter or abolish the constitution, are dangerous, and should be delt with. Anyone who wants to subvert the constitution is a traitor.

The USA Patriot Act does exactly that. George Bush's new wartime presidential executive powers do exactly that. Congress wasnt even allowed to read the USA Patriot Act and were told to sign it ''or else''. Only 12 congressmen voted against the Patriot Act....the only 12 that read it! Im not saying it, Congressmen Ron Paul of texas (a republican) is saying it.

He also says that the Bush Administration is subverting the constitution, and is turning America into a militarized Police State.

Ron Paul slams Bush on Militarized Police State

Bush got into office illegally in the first place! Remember all the african-american votes that were thrown out, and all the innocent people that were not allowed to vote; altering the outcome of the election in 2000?

And basically the same thing happened in 2004, in the same state, Florida!

Who was, and is, the governor of Florida? Jeb Bush! George Bushs brother!

Coincidence? I think not! Thats called ''voter fraud'' which is illegal.

The Bush Regime is definatly illegal. There is no disputing that. He is destroying a constitution who he TWICE took an oath to ''preserve, protect, and defend.'' What a bunch of traitors. Enemies to the human race.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i think people should get together and sue the bush administration

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I bid them good luck in their little endavour. If this were really illegal and not just a political issue, then why havent the democrats pused for impeachment at all. Granted they probably wouldnt be able to push that through, why not do it just to turn heads to what they feel is going on? With the partisan politics that goes on in Washington I dont see how this wouldnt be a bigger issue for Democrats or anyone in the Congress who believes it is illegal. Doesnt fit. Doesnt make sense, they would capitalize on it if this were true, but obviously they see no way to because its complete crap. How long have people been saying Bush will impose a police state, well were waiting. People constantly complain of their rights being infringed, I'm still waiting on their specific examples of their rights being infringed upon.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I bid them good luck in their little endavour. If this were really illegal and not just a political issue, then why havent the democrats pused for impeachment at all. ...why not do it just to turn heads to what they feel is going on? With the partisan politics that goes on in Washington I dont see how this wouldnt be a bigger issue...Doesnt make sense, they would capitalize on it if this were true, but obviously they see no way to because its complete crap.

If the Democratic party weren't part of the whole BS political system, you would be right. However, considering that clip from Farenheit 9/11 (just to pick something we should all be familiar with... it's too late to google anything serious) where all the disenfranchised voters begged the Senate to sign a document formally asking for a recount (please correct me if I'm wrong, I could be), no one would do it, regardless of politcal persuasion.

For some reason, that was a hands-off topic.

Also, as an African- American, I really do embrace the Constitution, the Ammendments, and the Bill of Rights. I would like to think that the rest of America feels as strongly.

How long have people been saying Bush will impose a police state, well were waiting. People constantly complain of their rights being infringed, I'm still waiting on their specific examples of their rights being infringed upon.

There was a thread on here a while ago about an executive order that changed the CDC's handling out disease outbreaks. It was in reference to Bird Flu. (Please search for it if you're interested, I'm too tired) From a system wherein you would be tested, to see if you were infected at all, and then quarintined (sp? again, too late), to a much more radical response: if you live in a neighborhood where, or share a workplace with, a single person who is infected, you will be quarintined, without testing, period. How psycho/infringing-of-rights is that?!

Everytime something happens, I think of how our president will benefit, and, almost every time, I'm able to guess how he'll use it, politically. I'm usually right. You can't set a pattern like that and not expect someone to catch on. Its disgusting.

I guess we won't know until some terrible diesase washes up our shores and we're able to test out those infamous (alleged) FEMA detention camps. God help us all, and I'm not even religious.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
There wasnt a recount because Kerry conceeded before there could be one. The big shout for the recount came after that. Gore saw it through on his recount and he lost. There was the big thing about not allowing military absentee ballots from overseas, but that didnt happen. I know which thread youre talking about. If there was an avian flu(or something else) outbreak and eventual epidemic, there would be panic, especially if there was a high death toll from it. People would be shooting other people to prevent getting near those who might have it. Looting and riots if the situation could not be controlled. Martial law should probably be imposed in such a situation to maintain some sort of order. I would hope in such a case it wouldnt be necessary and people could remain civil, but I doubt it, humans are too prone to getting out of control in a situation they can not control themelves. You dont think everyone in Washington benefits in some way from the events they bring about in the world. The President has no real power on is own, IF there is some kind of conspiracy, its on a grand scale and not on such a small scale. We shouldnt be looking so much at these patterns you see in Bush's decisions. But at the history of all Presidents, and you will see that scandal and corruption in our system is not anything new. I'm not trying to downplay anything thats allegedly going on now inside the White House, but its the same ole # different day.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
HarlemHottie you are NOT wrong. The democrats sit there and did not sign to help the voters, who were disenfranchised. Not one had the guts to stand up and sign it, it was shameful.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by goose]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I dont quote understand who was disenfranchised. Can someone give me a little info on what you speak of? Ive heard this before, but dont know the details.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In Florida in the 2000 election many people were turned away that should have been allowed to vote, and many of the ones who did get to vote, their votes were lost.

www.gregpalast.com...
In November the U.S. media, lost in patriotic reverie, dressed up the Florida recount as a victory for President Bush. But however one reads the ballots, Bush's win would certainly have been jeopardized had not some Floridians been barred from casting ballots at all. Between May 1999 and Election Day 2000, two Florida secretaries of state - Sandra Mortham and Katherine Harris, both protégées of Governor Jeb Bush- ordered 57,700 "ex-felons," who are prohibited from voting by state law, to be removed from voter rolls. (In the thirty-five states where former felons can vote, roughly 90 percent vote Democratic.) A portion of the list, which was compiled for Florida by DBT Online, can be seen for the first time here; DBT, a company now owned by ChoicePoint of Atlanta, was paid $4.3 million for its work, replacing a firm that charged $5,700 per year for the same service. If the hope was that DBT would enable Florida to exclude more voters, then the state appears to have spent its money wisely.[quote/]

A transcript of an interview with Palast at this link. He is a journalist who did extensive coverage of it

www.democracynow.org.../07/26/1338204
More info and link,

www.commondreams.org...
In the 2000 presidential election, 1.9 million Americans cast ballots that no one counted. "Spoiled votes" is the technical term. The pile of ballots left to rot has a distinctly dark hue: About 1 million of them -- half of the rejected ballots -- were cast by African Americans although black voters make up only 12 percent of the electorate[quote/]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
In the political world there are few, if any, who have clean hands and have never taken the odd backhander (often called campaign funds) from some group or other.
Corruption is rampant and those career politicians lord it over us and lookout for nobody but themselves. Arguments about who is worse, Democrats or Republicans, Labour or Conservative are moot points as they all have their hands in the cookie jar.

A prime example is the current Abramoff indictment where the special prosecutor has twice been taken off the case and "promoted" to another position, thus stalling the process. Meanwhile, Jeb Bush is busy shredding documents and George has staffers running round to find any photos of himself and Jack together and denies he knew the man. The level of bribery and corruption is astounding and runs to the top, yet the mainstream media reports little.
This sort of case spans both main parties so it's no wonder the opposition keeps quiet, lest attention turns their way too.

I have a deep mistrust of anyone who would make it their aim in life to grab wealth and power and tell me how to I should live. Especially if it's my taxes that pay that person. As long as these people keep their positions of power, whether running the country or in opposition, they are still in the money. It's always a win-win situation for them

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If you have not heard of these indictments, you have to ask the mainstream media why. Im staggered I never saw that on CNN or FOX, Im really staggered I never heard that.

Our rights arent being infringed upon? Oh really?

Just yesterday, I was stopped at a police ''checkpoint'' where I had to give ID just to get by. I refused, they demanded it. I refused again, they told me to shut my car off. They even told me I didnt commit any crimes....they just need to see my ID (its their jobs, they say, a job they are happy to do). All part of GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. Thats like what you saw in Nazi Germany, or Communitst Russia. Eventually I figured just showing my ID would prevent alot of trouble so I just showed it to them. They let me go.....

What happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Thats what America was until the Bush Family came along. Now everyone needs to be checked ''just in case''......in fact Jeb Bush used the term ''potential felon''...well before they came along I never heard of a ''potential felon''....we were innocent until proven guilty. Now, we are guilty until proven innocent...a dangerous switch in how America operates.

Ive heard people say that ''well, you shouldnt care unless you have something to hide''....oh we heard that from the Nazis, didnt we? Thats what Hitler said!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You dont think everyone in Washington benefits in some way from the events they bring about in the world.

No, I don't, and you're probably right about that.

The President has no real power on [h]is own,

I might be inclined to disagree with you there, but Cheney definitely does.

IF there is some kind of conspiracy, its on a grand scale and not on such a small scale.

Of course its on a grand-scale... isn't the US planning/in the midst of a great imperialistic orgy? That's what it looks like to me.

We shouldnt be looking so much at these patterns you see in Bush's decisions.

Why not? Isn't that what presidential scholars do? Further, considering how very secretive this administration is, all we have to work with is the end result of his decisions. Thats why I'm nit-picking.

But at the history of all Presidents, and you will see that scandal and corruption in our system is not anything new. I'm not trying to downplay anything thats allegedly going on now inside the White House, but its the same ole # different day.

I agree that, for the most part, they're all dirtbags, but does that mean that I shouldn't care?

The first election I was legal to vote in was the 2000 election, and, naively perhaps, I was really excited to do my civic duty and excercise the rights my people had been killed for. I was in college and had class the next day, but I stayed up until 4 am, on the phone with my mom, and running through the dorm, as everyone watched in amazement, and horror, as the entire electoral process was crapped on.

That's why I care. No offense to the mature ATS'er, but I didnt live through Watergate and get jaded. I want things to work like they're supposed to, that's all. If our republic is based on checks and balances of the executive branch, then, dammit, I wanna see some!

And after they finish doing their actual jobs, I really don't care if they all go down to the ranch and "clear brush," or whatever it is he does out there.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hmm... Is the patriot act permanent or does it have an expiration date?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
(submission) (terrorism) USS Cole Attack Mastermind Escapes from Prison

Jamal al-Badawi, who has been identified as a mastermind of the October 12, 2000, attack on the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden, escaped from prison along with 23 others. At least 13 of the 23 escapees were known al-Qaeda fighters. Seventeen US sailors died in the attack on the USS Cole. Interpol, the international police agency, has issued an “urgent global security alert”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original news source:

www.msnbc.msn.com
Yemeni officials confirmed to Interpol that a man considered a mastermind of the Cole attack, identified as Jamal al-Badawi, was among those who escaped.

Al-Badawi was among those sentenced to death in September 2004 for plotting the USS Cole attack. Two suicide bombers blew up an explosives-laden boat next to the destroyer as it refueled in the Yemeni port of Aden on Oct. 12, 2000.

Another of the 23 escapees was identified as Fawaz Yahya al-Rabeiee, considered by Interpol to be one of those responsible for a 2002 attack on the French tanker Limburg off Yemen’s coast. That attack killed a Bulgarian crew member and spilled 90,000 barrels of oil into the Gulf of Aden.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The attack on the USS Cole was tragic because of several factors. Firstly, we lost seventeen sailors. Secondly, if the rules of engagement had been rational at the time, it could have been prevented. Thirdly, the US response, or lack thereof, gave al-Qaeda incentive to perpetuate further and more deadly attacks on the US. It does not bode well for the war on terror that such a man is now at large.

Related News Links:
archives.cnn.com
archives.cnn.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh, Dear, you are right. Your thread is totally correct.

So what do we do? I think i was rather pedantic
a long time ago, here at ATS (still am) with my rhetoric over and over saying all this would come about.

THAT was the time all terrestrials should have listened to the wise.

Its too late now.

So what should be do at this late date???

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What I'm saying is, is you will learn a lot more about how presidential power is exercised if you look at everything every president has done before and compare it to now.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
In Florida in the 2000 election many people were turned away that should have been allowed to vote, and many of the ones who did get to vote, their votes were lost.

www.gregpalast.com...
In November the U.S. media, lost in patriotic reverie, dressed up the Florida recount as a victory for President Bush. But however one reads the ballots, Bush's win would certainly have been jeopardized had not some Floridians been barred from casting ballots at all. Between May 1999 and Election Day 2000, two Florida secretaries of state - Sandra Mortham and Katherine Harris, both protégées of Governor Jeb Bush- ordered 57,700 "ex-felons," who are prohibited from voting by state law, to be removed from voter rolls. (In the thirty-five states where former felons can vote, roughly 90 percent vote Democratic.) A portion of the list, which was compiled for Florida by DBT Online, can be seen for the first time here; DBT, a company now owned by ChoicePoint of Atlanta, was paid $4.3 million for its work, replacing a firm that charged $5,700 per year for the same service. If the hope was that DBT would enable Florida to exclude more voters, then the state appears to have spent its money wisely.[quote/]

A transcript of an interview with Palast at this link. He is a journalist who did extensive coverage of it

www.democracynow.org.../07/26/1338204
More info and link,

www.commondreams.org...
In the 2000 presidential election, 1.9 million Americans cast ballots that no one counted. "Spoiled votes" is the technical term. The pile of ballots left to rot has a distinctly dark hue: About 1 million of them -- half of the rejected ballots -- were cast by African Americans although black voters make up only 12 percent of the electorate[quote/]

Oh yes, these are the same ones Kerry was talking about in the 2004 elections. Its a rumor, spread from individuals in certain organizations. The real number of those not allowed to vote was about 57,000, and the story originated in Florida. what reason, I cant find. But it was definately exagerrated. In the final report from the Commission on Civil Rights didnt give a final number they had come to because it was impossible. And at the end of the investigation, there it was found that there were no dogs and hoses used and found no evidence of intimidation or disenfranchisement. There were a number of spoiled or ruined ballots though. There is no reference in either of these articles as to how they became ruined and therefore uncountable.

A Million?
Voter Intimidation Investigation Interview
False claims of fraud?

[edit on 2/6/2006 by ludaChris]

[edit on 2/6/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hottie said it.
Regardless of past events, and past curruption, things are screwed now.

We are taught of our checks and balances all through school, only to dive into adult politics and realize its a farse. Our votes dont count! The executive branch is supposed to be 1/3rd, but it seems to be grasping for kingship.

We have been deceived.

They are all crooks...true...but indifference is almost greater than evil.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What regime?

First, if the police ask you for your license, give ti to them. You know, there are law enforcement officials out there trying to protect you. and how does the local police tie into Bush and his regime? Your lucky you didn't get arrested and I would actually call you out on the story, because they generally will turn off your car, search you and it and arrest you for obstruction. You give them probable cause by acting like a moron and not giving up your license.

Also ,please don't pull the race card? What black people were killed to allow you to vote? I mean, Kanye says bush hates black people but he has had plenty in and currently in his cabinet. I do not meant this to be offensive, I am just asking why.

There are checks and balances, but it is called Republican and Democrats now. This is the way it is. Checks and balances are useless when the parties cannot agree. It sucks but you are right, it is adult reality.

Run for a local office such as city council, and dont be afraid of the incumbant. Maybe then you can make a small difference in your own community.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by esdad71]

[edit on 6-2-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
What regime?

First, if the police ask you for your license, give ti to them. You know, there are law enforcement officials out there trying to protect you. and how does the local police tie into Bush and his regime? Your lucky you didn't get arrested and I would actually call you out on the story, because they generally will turn off your car, search you and it and arrest you for obstruction. You give them probable cause by acting like a moron and not giving up your license.

Do you not know that is how it became in Nazi Germany? At a check point, they don't run everyone's name, so if you're wanted, you will most likely just go through it anyways.

Sure, if you have nothing to hide, whats the issue? What about when they come in your house in the middle of supper to search. What about the corrupt people that work in law enforcement? You may get 'planted' by one who doesn't like you or eyes your wife.

They are there to protect, not control.

Is this freedom?

Originally posted by esdad71

Also ,please don't pull the race card? What black people were killed to allow you to vote? I mean, Kanye says bush hates black people but he has had plenty in and currently in his cabinet. I do not meant this to be offensive, I am just asking why.

I am white, and at times, I am ashamed of my race. Forget the 'race card', we are all people. Who cares about yesterday, its tomorrow we should be focussed on. Besides, many blacks did die - many of their wars were just not fought on the battle field.

Bush IS breaking laws. People ARE trying to do something about. NO ONE is succeeding. Does this tell anyone anything?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join