It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i an Athiest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm not religious in any way shape or form...
But I'm not ready to cast religion aside without understanding the origin of an ideology.

I think there is more to the world than following a belief that cannot prove its own existance...
But i also believe in a higher level of diviness where you can master and control your innerself.

I am confused whether I'm a creationist or an evolutionist.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You sound Agnostic to me bub(sorry been playin to much XMen Legends 2
).

[edit on 4-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
cool... cool...
i'll look into this Agnosticism.

What does being an Athiest mean to you?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You can now call me a Universist.

universist.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Atheism in itself can be considered a "religion". Many atheists spend alot of time trying to convince people there is no God. But what can I say, Christians have been trying to convince people that there is a God for centuries. So if you are an atheist you still belive in something, that thing is that there is no God. To me all ideologies are BS. None of them have any root on anything, no one can say that there is no God and no one can say that there is.

GoldEagle

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That me birdlike friend would make you a Universist.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Really? I would fit in as more of an agnostic. I really don't want to be part of any belief system. I never heard of Universalisim, but it seems to me to be an upgrade of Christianity for modern times and Christianity really needs an update. I'll have to pass up on it though, good luck on being a Universist.

While I was sick and after (last two months and still recovering), I have done some heavy contemplation. I can't really be sure of anything unless I personaly discover it for myself. I can't trust what people say about evolution or creationism? How do I know that earth goes around the sun or everything goes around the Earth? Why should I believe what others tell me to believe? Sure you may say these are known "facts", but can we truly trust the people documenting the facts in the first place?! Since I've been on ATS last I've had done a 180 on my previous beliefs.

GoldEagle

top topics

join