It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances that........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
What if we are looking at this whole atlantis myth the wrong way. Lets assume for a second that atlantis still exsists. Lets also go a little further and say the inhabitance do not want to be "Discovered".

If you were in this position what would you do to hide yourself from the rest of the world? Would you go as far as to covertly create secret societies to help discredit your exsistance and location?

I believe that some of the roots of what you mention begins with the Rosicrucians for example. They are a long existing body of knowledge passed on for eons in differing guises as protection.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Isnt the Rosicrucians a creation of another secret society member? Research the origins of the Rosicrucians, and the connections of the founders.....

I suspect the newest round of Secret Societies that held the secret had thier genisis in the Knights Templer. Look for the chain of evidence.
[edit on 29-4-2006 by All Seeing Eye]

[edit on 29-4-2006 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well, the Egyptian priest in Plato's Republic states that Atlantis existed 8,000 years before (about 11,000 years from now). It was located just outside of the "pillars of Heracles", the Strait of Gibratre...

This places Atlantis near the end of the last Ice Age - so, more than likely, it was/is covered by higher sea levels just like the underwater cities discovered by divers off Japan and the Carribean.

Probably just an Island inhabited by some crazy warrior people with better technology than the mainlanders... history turns into legend, legend becomes myth... nothing special here, folks...

-S

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Savonarola]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree with the timeline, its probably in the ball park, but the location is another subject. I strongly suspect the location is tanken out of context.

"outside of the "pillars of Heracles", the Strait of Gibratre... " and I would agree with this. But how far out, and what direction has been lost to time. In other words, Im pretty sure someone dosnt want you to find it so they send you on that old "wild goose chase".

People have found Atlantis before, but were discredited when they tried to share it with humanity. An old history turned into myth. I agree.

And yes, I would agree it is covered by water, but not in the same way you have been directed to comprehend it.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
I agree with the timeline, its probably in the ball park, but the location is another subject. I strongly suspect the location is tanken out of context.

"outside of the "pillars of Heracles", the Strait of Gibratre... " and I would agree with this. But how far out, and what direction has been lost to time. In other words, Im pretty sure someone dosnt want you to find it so they send you on that old "wild goose chase".

And yes, I would agree it is covered by water, but not in the same way you have been directed to comprehend it.

All Seeing Eye

I found some maps that we could maybe look at.

First the Atlantic Ocean Floor

mapmachine.nationalgeographic.com...,110,p100,p26,p27,p70 ,p71,p93,p99,101&place=Atlantic%20Ocean&splace=Atlantic%20Ocean%2C%20Ocean&iplace=Atlantic%20Ocean%2C%20Ocean&sext=-72.0,3.0,-12.0,45.0&iext=-72.0,3.0 ,-12.0,45.0&ext=-2820.25,-7238,8295.25,0

What do we see?

From Iceland to the Antartic, The Altanic Trench. A fairly unique piece of work, which has obviously seperated the Americas from the Old World by quite a bit.

But visualize this map, without the trench, and you can see from the Bimini's to the Azores are all on the "Shelves" but on Oposite sides of the Atlantic.

Could it be that what we seek, sat upon or was directly over the Trench at one time?

Now I offer the second map for referal only.

mapmachine.nationalgeographic.com...,110,p100,p26,p27,p7 0,p71,p93,p99,101&place=Atlantic%20Ocean&splace=Atlantic%20Ocean%2C%20Ocean&iplace=Atlantic%20Ocean%2C%20Ocean&sext=-72.0,3.0,-12.0,45.0&iext=-72.0,3. 0,-12.0,45.0&ext=-585.017857,-5475,7823.017857,0

Now excuse me since I am not a Geologist, but we do not see anything that nears the Atlantic Trench in away way.

The Pacific Rise is certainly lengthy, but nothing like in the Atlantic. Also, the floor is litter with clusters of Islands, as well as many and various Ridges and underwater Islands/Mountains.

Again, not being the geologist, the only place to find this in the Atlantic, is upon the East and West "Shelfs".

But would there not be some evidence of something at least littered across the Atlantic Trench, if Atlantis was really out there?

I do believe it WAS out there, but I believe it "Disappeared".

I believe it was removed with intent from the Planet. We are seeing the Suburbs in the Azores, and the Carribbean.

But the "Place that Dissappeared in one Night" and the next day was "nothing but mud", does little other than indicate, it was there no longer. One could assume it sank, since that would be a simple logical assumption.

But remember what Altantis was supposed to be. A living area of Super Natural and Ancient Peoples who were as gods to most of the Civilized World. If, as some suggest, this was the location Edin or Eden, it is truly a strange and magicial place.

And Atlantis Proper would have been a very interesting place on it own.

With this inmind, I think the reason we can not find it is because it is no longer here.

Look at most of the gods there were, and where are they now? Gone. Hmmm.

Just a thought A.S.E., since you did note the reason we maybe looking in the wrong space. Maybe we should consider outerspace.

One day it was there, the next it was gone, and all that could be found was mud.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Everything you have mentioned can be looked at in another context. Disappearing over night is as easy as sailing away, and never looking back. "I do believe it WAS out there, but I believe it "Disappeared". " Yes, exactly, it would disappear from the collective memory of the surface humanity. Yes, I agree "I believe it was removed with intent from the Planet" but I would add " I believe it was removed with intent from the (surface of the) Planet.

Show me a really good relief map of the Anarctic, Show me two or three, or four really good relief maps of the Anarctic Ocean.

I would also agree with this "One could assume it sank, since that would be a simple logical assumption" But modify it in this way "One could assume it sank, since that would be a simple logical assumption, (or it was at a lower level to begin with")

And this? Complete agreement "A living area of Super Natural and Ancient Peoples who were as gods to most of the Civilized World. If, as some suggest, this was the location Edin or Eden, it is truly a strange and magicial place."

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

But remember what Altantis was supposed to be. A living area of Super Natural and Ancient Peoples who were as gods to most of the Civilized World. If, as some suggest, this was the location Edin or Eden, it is truly a strange and magicial place.

According to Plato it was a warmongering bronze age society, that got well and truely trounced by the city state of Athens....

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That may very well be true. A war mongering society meeting the real bully on the block. But, I have no way of knowing who were the ultimate winners and loosers, who was right, and who was wrong. I suspect some of those stories in the bible about the waring factions are about what you speak of.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i simply think atlantis was real, and then sank
anything else i just cant go along with, being i find no real reason or evidence, such as them being gods? The Aztecs thought the Conquistadors were gods at first, simply because they rode horses and they never before seen a horse, so for the simple fact atlantis was more advanced they seemed like gods. but this is simply what i think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join