It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances that........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What if we are looking at this whole atlantis myth the wrong way. Lets assume for a second that atlantis still exsists. Lets also go a little further and say the inhabitance do not want to be "Discovered".

If you were in this position what would you do to hide yourself from the rest of the world? Would you go as far as to covertly create secret societies to help discredit your exsistance and location?

Lets get out of the box for a minute and think.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I dont think there is much chance of a secret society un-discovered somewhere, much as I am outside of the box! Nice thought though.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The more isolated a society is, the less it advances technologically (you need access to a lot of resounces and metals from mines the world over to make new ceramics and so forth.) Furthermore, we're able to see the Earth's surface in great detail thanks to satellites.

If they're "hiding out" then they must be living in caves and worshiping the spork.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Around the globe vertually all primative peoples had a myth about atlantis, or what is termed the Garden Of Edin. Another fact of interest is that most all of those people said they came from the north.

Saying that the more isolated a community is, the less technologically advanced they are, is exactly the kind of thinking that would be fostered by this hypothetical secret society. Besides, there is no president to base that assumption on except for the history we have uncovered, which is quite incomplete to say the least. What of the forbiden achiology that is hidden away from you that clearly shows advanced technology from the deep past?

Basing your reality on one single stream of information would be another mindset that would be incorporated by this hypothetical secret society in order to control your thinking. Do you really believe that Satillite imaging can not be controlled and manipulated to create a fasad?

I propose that Atlantis, and the Garden Of Edin are one in the same mythose based in fact. But you will never find it if you continue to look for them where "they" manipulate you to look. Think of it as a con man playing a "slight of hand" trick, and you will be miles ahead of the competition.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I believe what you are refering to is, in archeological circles, called "diffusion theory". According to this theory, if my understanding of it is correct, all civilization around the world comes from a common source. I am not as familiar with the theory as I would like, but it will give you a place to start. I read a book by Graham Hancock, just recently infact, which is why this particular part of ATS caught my eye this morning. In it he discusses why the ancient civilizations around the world have so many common architectural features, and myths, and so on. It's an interesting read. How plausible? Debatable, I'm sure. There would seem to be something to it, though. Won't know until I do some further looking.

Oh, the book is called "Fingerprints of the Gods". Liked it. Still looking into his "facts".

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Seagull, thank you, "Diffusion Theory". But unlike the "Out Of Africa" theory, I suspect that mankinds true origins lay within that place called "Atlantis" or the Garden Of Paradise. The Hindue culture call it Shambalia, but regardless of its name I Belive it to be a real place simply for no other reason than humanity is real and its now appearent from the DNA information that humanity could not have "evolved" from a lower form of life. It had to be created, by "Creators" as stated in the bible, not that Im a big fan of the bible. Logic states that since humanity is real, then the place they came from must be as real, no matter what you call it.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You speak of the hidden archaeology/artifacts.....I am aware of ancient anomolies/objects, but come on. Where are the TRUE signs of an advanced civilization? Like cars, planes, microscopes, telephones, nuclear reactors, platinum jewelry, toothpaste???

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by POTTOS
You speak of the hidden archaeology/artifacts.....I am aware of ancient anomolies/objects, but come on. Where are the TRUE signs of an advanced civilization? Like cars, planes, microscopes, telephones, nuclear reactors, platinum jewelry, toothpaste???

If they are THAT advanced to have actually enhanced humanity, i am sure they can hide from the general public. Also i dont know about you but i am pretty sure that with the technology people had thousands of years ago they couldn't have created some of earths most famous land marks, ex> Pyramids, Stone Henge etc.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by xxghostsxx]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
who says there's a sociaty of anything? people dont breathe so good in water and would most likly die when they ran out of good ol' O2. the whole rhyme and reason for finding atlantis is to

A: prove that plato's a badass and is never wrong

B: have an entire ancient culture's history in front of us; prestine and undisturbed from the time it was destroyed

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
here we go.... or here i go.... my first post ever on this forum

first off i'd like to say that i believe that everything is inter-(or is it intra?)connected... it's just up to us "humans" to make those connections... some are obvious nowadays, like why some chemicals react with each other to produce heat (fire) or what was the nudge that tipped events in a domino effect motion that led to ww1, and so forth and so forth... some ppl know alot about one field of knowledge others are "specialized" in other fields... then we have connections that aren't as obvious to many or some even to none... here's where in some cases paranoia comes in. heard sometime ago a statement by i-don't-remember-exactly-who-anymore, that paranoia can be good or bad (ying-yang), that you can either connect things that are seemingly directly unconnectable or connect things that are not directly connected at all.... after all we're all human and we all make mistakes, and the connections we are able to draw (either correct or incorrect ones) are limited only by our imagination. so that's why a faaaaar fetched theory could be true while another seemingly very plausible theory might be wrong...

with my mind explained, let's go on to atlantis... the myth about it has haunted my mind since i was a little kid, whether it's true or not i do not know, but i do know that absence of proof is not proof of absence... so the final truth may be a concotion of multiple theories thay may evcen contradict themselves at some point... personaly i like the myth of an advanced civilization or even a race (advanced as a civilisation isn't the same as being advanced technologicaly), and many of advancements they MAY have had, and that may be faaar more advanced even for our today's understanding, might have not been technological advancements at all.... this is meant as a reply to the post i read on this thread, that asked us where the flying cars were, or nuclear power plants, (and for some, death ray weapons, lol, but let's assume for now that atlanteans were pacifists)and so forth... but i believe that kind of thinking is just inspired (and from another point of view, limited) by commercial science and science fiction... nikola tesla had a dream that one day he could bring electricity to every human on the planet by collecting it seemingly out of thin air (it was the schumann cavity to be precise, but thin air is more pictouresque for majority of ppl, and i don't want to condescend to anyone), so why build nuclear power plants? and i'm not saying that this was the case, i'm just giving one of numerous options

anyway, i must say i'm REALLY not good at writing so i apologize for the jumble of a text i have just presented you (i'm better off in dialogues with direct feedback)... plus i apologize for any misspellings or gramatical errors, i'm not english speaking so i hope none of those will bother you too much :-)

... until next time....

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the chance of a hidden ancient civilization is one to think about. It is not so plausible in the minds of most people, even the one's out of the box.

If ancient people were all somehow linked who's to say the Atlantians could not have had interesting places to live? I mean, there are cave dwelings, cities on the edges of cliffs, and pyramids. There are even modern, and ancient cities that are built underground.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

www.rdricketts.com...

What if the Atlantians were just living in an unknown underground city? If they never came out how would sattelite imaging or poeple for that matter know where they were located?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inanna
I think the chance of a hidden ancient civilization is one to think about. It is not so plausible in the minds of most people, even the one's out of the box.

If ancient people were all somehow linked who's to say the Atlantians could not have had interesting places to live? I mean, there are cave dwelings, cities on the edges of cliffs, and pyramids. There are even modern, and ancient cities that are built underground.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rdricketts.com...

What if the Atlantians were just living in an unknown underground city? If they never came out how would sattelite imaging or poeple for that matter know where they were located?

I believe, Inanna, your getting warm...........................

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inanna

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rdricketts.com...

If there was an advanced hidden civilisation in existance today, living underground or in the ocean, or invisibly amongst us, would they not be very concerned with our actions? With the damage we are doing to the planet? Maybe they could already be among us, control us, ensuring we do not threaten them. In which case, maybe unknowingly we are serving them.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
I dont think there is much chance of a secret society un-discovered somewhere, much as I am outside of the box! Nice thought though.

really? because i personally the "secret" societies, like the masons and the illuminati, are no longer secret. i also think that they are simply red herrings for the real secret societies. don't be so quick to fall into self-assured slumber.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

its now appearent from the DNA information that humanity could not have "evolved" from a lower form of life. It had to be created, by "Creators"

Please provde credible scientific sources to back-up this statement.

All life evolves from lower life, it's how nature works, animals don't just poof into existance.
There is proff thgat humans have evolved oveer millions of years from micro-organisms.

Now, I personally beleive Atlantis or the place the idea came from exists/ed.

I don't know where it is now, or where it was, or if it even still exists in any capacity.

I do not think that they created secret societies to hide there existance.
If they were technologically advanced they could hide in the deep ocean, or even in space.
H*ll, maybe they even have a cloaking field like the Atlantis in StarGate.

I think that Atlantis was advanced for it's time, how advanced I am not sure.

I'd like to think they were more advanced than us in some ways.

However I am starting to beleive they were just more advanced than the rest of the world at the time, but not more so than our current global civilisation.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LegionAgent
first off i'd like to say that i believe that everything is inter-(or is it intra?)connected...

I to think this, its really the only way to make any sence out of any of this.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

its now appearent from the DNA information that humanity could not have "evolved" from a lower form of life. It had to be created, by "Creators"

Please provde credible scientific sources to back-up this statement.

Credible scientific proof? How, when the scientific system was created and manipulated by the society, just like history and many other fields of investigation. If they can manipulate forbidden archiology dont you think they can manipulate what you think, when you think, how you think?

Please study this truely free thinker's material and reconsider your position.

(Under Human Origins, the first three are the most recent. Each was published in Australia’s Nexus Magazine in 2003, and together they established my credentials as a spokesman for the Intervention Theory of origins )
www.lloydpye.com...

Intervention theory equating to creators.................

Yes, in a way, mankind did evolve from primative life forms, but not in the way you have been educated, or de-educated. The original life forms did in fact "Evolve", but it seems with the introduction of mamals, DNA manipulation (engineering) showed great jumps in a time line that made no sense, it all happened too quickly.

Atlantis isnt a place, its a frame of mind. It is the most guarded truth on this planet. Can you handle the truth? Can you understand the ramification it encompasses?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think the secret society part is accurate but there are still so much we don't know about our planet. The Sea being one of our biggest frontiers.

Do you recall seeing this headline?

"Lost World" Found in Indonesia Is Trove of New Species

To boldly go where no one has gone before, one group of scientists didn't have to venture into space. They found a lost world right here on Earth.

"It really was like crossing some sort of time warp into a place that people hadn't been to," said Bruce Beehler of the wildlife expedition he co-led in December into the isolated Foja Mountains on the tropical South Pacific island of New Guinea.

During a 15-day stay at a camp they had cut out of the jungle, the conservationists found a trove of animals never before documented, from a new species of the honeyeater bird to more than 20 new species of frogs.

"We were like kids in a candy store," said Beehler, a bird expert with Conservation International in Washington, D.C. "Everywhere we looked we saw amazing things we had never seen before."

Edit: Link to source. (I tried to shorten but it would edit out the whole message!)
news.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yes, I saw that article when it came out. Your point? Might it be that new and unknown places on earth still do exsit? If it is, then my point would be that there is still a place unknown to the greater surface population that is 10,000 times larger than that found in Indonesia.

I still see no reason for a well financed and organized "Brotherhood" not to exsist. Did you know that there was a patent issued at the turn of the century for the hollow earth theory?

" On November 25, 1912 Marshall B. Gardner of Aurora, Kane County, Illinois, USA, submitted his discovery application to the United States Patent Office. 18 months later, on May 12,1914, this federal agency granted Mr. Gardner United States patent 1096102, the second most important scientific document ever issued."

See if you can find it......... And if you cant, ask who removed it, and why.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

first off i'd like to say that i believe that everything is inter-(or is it intra?)connected... it's just up to us "humans" to make those connections

What if we are looking at this whole atlantis myth the wrong way. Lets assume for a second that atlantis still exsists. Lets also go a little further and say the inhabitance do not want to be "Discovered".

I think Atlantis is the Island in Lost, the inhabitants are the Others, and the connections are between all the characters.

Or have i just been on the fan-sites too much recently?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join