It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the RPG game that you played & Finished at least 3 Times!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This could be seen i guess as maybe you favorite RPG, but i think that it says something about the game, if you take the time to play it AND finish it not once or twice but at least 3 or more times................. Ihave played alot of game and alot of RPG, but the one game that i have played and finished 3 times is .....Shining Force......for the sega genesis. Great game!!! And its been awhile since i have played it, would not mind play'in again !!
...........Anyway, wondering what s your RPG, that has taken up so much of your life,,,,, anyone play AND finish a game 4, 5 , 6 times????

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Earthbound for the SNES is amazing and I've finished it at least 5 times. Final Fantasy VII is another one I've finished 3 times.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Diablo 2 about 900+ times
I really don't know how many times I've beaten that game but it was alot of times lol. Finally stopped at lvl 92

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Final fantasy 7 ,8,10 and umm Xenogears.I beat morrowind twice if that counts.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"Finished" is the key word here.

I have a terrible time finishing RPGs. I generally lose interest before I finish them.

I've played most of the way through Baldur's Gate at least three or four times-- same with Final Fantasy 7 and with both Fallout and Fallout 2.

There are a few that I've actually finished, but generally only once-- most of the early Final Fantasies and Dragon Warriors, the old Sega Genesis Warriors of the Eternal Sun...

There are many, many more that I couldn't even stay with long enough to finish once-- Earthbound, Dragon Quest 5, Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire 2 for the SNES, Diablo, Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor and Daggerfall for the PC...

The only RPGs that I've actually finished at least three times are Chronotrigger for the SNES and the original Curse of the Azure Bonds for PC.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Fable...Too short...I had to do it once good, once evil. Same with Jade Empire.

Is it just me or are Japanese RPGs too damn hard? I loved FinalFantasy X, for example, but it got so hard I never beat it.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Morrowind was like the single greatest RPG I've ever played. But I never beat it, its impossible to "beat", seeing theres thousands of quests to do, and things to buy...and steal..and people to murder.... heheheheh

Had it for three years and I'm still playing it (till Oblivion comes out)

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Final fantasy 6 - Man I love that 16 bit glory

Chrono Trigger- great game also had like 13 different endings so that added replay value.

Final fantasy 7- the only other FF game I beat more then 3 times

Diablo 2- man I cant even count the times got to level 91 then lost my character from not playing for 3 months

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
At least three times? I'd say at least 10 times...
Diablo II, Fallout, Fallout II, Fallout Tactics and Deus Ex.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by sinarty]

[edit on 6-2-2006 by sinarty]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"Ultima 7" old graphics but the most interactive game world ever. All done with style and a sense of humor. Greatest game of all time.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The legend of Zelda. At least 3 times on snes.

[edit on 12/06/2005 by kojac]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Diablo is a Rpg? (Start "flame war")

Currently, The NWN Diablo Mod. Replayed other NWN mods a thousand times.

Wizandry 8.

And

Space empires IV. (Which I know is about as much a Rpg. As Diablo.)

Is there a Actual Western Rpg on a Console? (Except Morrowind)

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I can't get into a game a second time enough to finish it over and over.

FFVI and FFVII I had spend stupid amounts of time playing to get every little thing. I remember investing a lot of time into FFVII just to kill the weapons after what seemed like forever I finally went out and bought a guide (no net for me at that time). Both these games I try to play even now and I will only play so much and stop. Since discovering ROMs I’ve played FFVI two times and only played until I got past the fanatics tower and stopped. FFVII I bought again a couple years ago and never left Midgar.

I’ve watched FFVII: Advent Children about 30 times now though if that counts

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
RPG's I've completed 3 or more times;

Morrowind- finshed it 100% once, every single quest, item bought, everything done.
Deus Ex 1&2
Fable
Kotor 1&2
Baldurs Gate
Dungeon Siege

There's probably more but I can't remember, the list of games I've completed (all types) honestly goes up into the hundreds.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have a big thing for any of the Final fantasy games.

I completed VII quite a few times, as well as IX, but my favourite on the PS1 was VII. My favourite on the PS2 definately has to be X.
I've only just finished completing everything on that game.....including beating Penance!!!
Man he was hard.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
How in gods name can you play "partially" through an RPG. All that work and exploring spent only to decide you don't even have enough curiosity to finish!!??? WOW.

Originally posted by Bob LaoTse
"Finished" is the key word here.

I have a terrible time finishing RPGs. I generally lose interest before I finish them.

I've played most of the way through Baldur's Gate at least three or four times-- same with Final Fantasy 7 and with both Fallout and Fallout 2.

There are a few that I've actually finished, but generally only once-- most of the early Final Fantasies and Dragon Warriors, the old Sega Genesis Warriors of the Eternal Sun...

There are many, many more that I couldn't even stay with long enough to finish once-- Earthbound, Dragon Quest 5, Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire 2 for the SNES, Diablo, Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor and Daggerfall for the PC...

The only RPGs that I've actually finished at least three times are Chronotrigger for the SNES and the original Curse of the Azure Bonds for PC.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The few I never finished was due to the fact that they got so hard that beating them without a massive amount of leveling up and/or backtracking is impossible. Like how I quit FFX @ Evrae, or whatever that goddamned dragon thing was called. I must have retried that same battle 25 times @ about 20 minutes each only to die. I finally had to admit that even though the game was really good, it wasnt worth tearing my hair out to complete.

How did that one end by the way?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The Fallout series on the PC, got them all, played them all and still going back to them. Talk about value for money! Many a late night spent wiping out any unwashed villagers i came across. Wish they would make another, many a rumour about another in the series but i'm still waiting.

Must admit though FF series on the PS2 was BRILLIANT!! My fave was FFX thought that the Blitzball was an excelent side game..

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
RPG's Ive finished at least 3 times:

1) Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)
2) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY (PC)
3) The Legend Of Zelda (NES)
4) The Legened of Zelda II: Links Awakening (NES)
5) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
6) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
7) Secret of Mana (SNES)

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thought the 100 levels of Bevelle dungeon in X-2 was pretty tough. Mega Tonberry's carving me up like a sunday roast...

top topics

join