It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft of Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Aircraft, jets, airplanes, big, and small they all do the same thing, fly. Man has came a long way from just getting off the ground to breaking the speed of sound in under a 100 years. Amazing! I would say.

I thought I would just say a liitle about aircraft of today and the future. I read in these posts of people bickering about what aircraft is better and which one will be the king of the sky. But it does not seem like anyone just stops and think how all of the aircraft out there are linked together.

I have been in aircraft maintenance for a good ten years now and see with my own eyes how they are built. It seems evryone in the world has their hands on building these machines. Just take the A380 mainly said to be a European aircraft but has parts from Asia and America, from Japan to the U.S.A.. Amazing for a company most people think is just from Europe.
And of course Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop, etc. are just the same.

I hope people see the big picture that without all these countries aircraft probably would not be where they are today. Complex and confusing are the parts that create these huge monsters of the sky. Technologically advanced but still basic in design. It is really cool to see these planes change from year to year. As new models come out and you see the updates it just makes you think of how, how did we get here this fast?

I would say mostly from alliances, teamwork, and just plain human nature to create something of this standard. With this I hope you all just appreciate everyone behind keeping us flying, a dream of man from the begining of time.

Thanx Im outta here

[edit on 4-2-2006 by ncbrian211]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
AMEN, i was a Crew Chief in the Air Force. We used to joke about the people who build aircraft having all kinds of college degrees and the pilots haveing degrees but the people keeping the planes flying just had high school diplomas.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I agree... And not only did "we" break the soundbarrier within a 100 years of the first flight ever. We also conquered the moon. Now if we compare engineering masterpieces like the Raptor, and look waht the planes looked like 60 years ago, during the 2 ww... There's a huge difference. And I can't imagine what our planes will look likea fter another 60 years. We just have to stay here and find out...

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

join