It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton to build detention camps in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Halliburton News Release

ARLINGTON, Virginia – KBR announced today that its Government and Infrastructure division has been awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to support the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities in the event of an emergency. KBR is the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton (NYSE:HAL).

The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs. The contingency support contract provides for planning and, if required, initiation of specific engineering, construction and logistics support tasks to establish, operate and maintain one or more expansion facilities.

The contract may also provide migrant detention support to other U.S. Government organizations in the event of an immigration emergency, as well as the development of a plan to react to a national emergency, such as a natural disaster. In the event of a natural disaster, the contractor could be tasked with providing housing for ICE personnel performing law enforcement functions in support of relief efforts.

I'm more than a little disturbed by this. Detention facilities? Maybe it reflects more on my lack of trust than anything but still.

I can't imagine an 'immigration emergency'. What, someone nukes Mexico and everyone flees north? National disaster where people would have to be detained? What, the Avian flu?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just a thought.
All the people flee'ing N.O. Some, not all were criminals. Maybe, a place to round up and house them, w/o over-loading local jails / prisons ?

Just a thought,
Lex

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is so nice when the use of the word Migration is not necessarily directed to one definition only.

So whenever we get hit by a natural disaster (usually in the south) the migrating populations usually brown people will be put in Homeland security pens.

I can't wait to heard from the minority groups when the first wave of Migrating Americans happen to be the first ones and on top of that they are also brown people are held in these detention pens.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Isn't this the same reasoning they used for REX-84? Mass migration over the border?

Ox

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm wrong.. But.. This just stinks of corruption and Bush planning something he's probably going to regret later... Something needs to be done about this blowhard before he starts something he cant finish.. Oh wait.. too late for that one.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Or they already built?
Seems like this had already been ciruclating through the boards that camps were made.

Anyway

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well I did notice that they say, "expansion facilities" in the press release. Which made me wonder, expansion of /what/? Does it mean that there are existing facilities?

And yes, Rex 84 did occur to me.

I've read through the thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But is seems that a lot of Rex 84 and Operation Garden Plot is conjecture.
I was a lot less concerned by that thread than by reading this press release.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Many of the alleged Rex-84 camps just don't exist. Rex-84 did, but it was more to test their capability at that time to detain large numbers of people, according to Wikipedia. Link

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a plan by the United States federal government to test their ability to detain large numbers of American citizens in case of massive civil unrest or national emergency.

Whereas this is publicly admitting that they're building camps and/or augmenting existing ones.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Exactly LoganCale, which is why this startled me when I came upon it. I'm trying to find out more at the moment. I'll post if I find out anything further.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I wonder just how much money this is injecting into Halliburton, and just how large the maximum capacity will be of the camp(s).

Very good find.

I'm not sure I buy the "mass migration" story.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
slightly off topic to the thread regarding haliburton but relevent to the discussion is this thread i found yesterday through an unrelated search -

www.sianews.com...

so, for anyone who talks about the detention camps in the US, here is a list you can check out if you live nearby

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well, I live in Carrollton, Tx and I am very familiar with the water treatment plant that your source sites as a detention center

North Dallas - near Carrolton - water treatment plant, close to interstate and railroad.

Yes it has a railroad track nearby and yes I35E is about 1/4 mile away. If there is a detention center there it would only be anle to hold less than 10 people at any time. The plant facility is extremely small as it's only function is to treat the water for the city of Carrollton which is a very small community.
I also question the

Ft. Worth - Federal prison under construction on the site of Carswell AFB.
One of the problems Texas has been experiencing the last few years has been that the prison systme has been overcrowded far and above it's capacity. The prison that is / was built is to help releive some of the overcrowding as well as be a revenue generator by housing prisoners from other states.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well maybe that's just where Halliburton comes into play, Kenshiro.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
slightly off topic to the thread regarding haliburton but relevent to the discussion is this thread i found yesterday through an unrelated search -

www.sianews.com...

Unfortunately, that list has been floating around for a long time and as far as I know, almost all of those are not real detention camps.

new topics

top topics

join