It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They went too far this time!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
To paradise with them, if they can't take a joke.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That is the tamest caricatures i ever seen & these people set things on fire over this ? thats ridiculous , its just an excuse for showing how neanderthal & narrow minded they really are.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
I wouldn't have posted them, as it could land ATS in trouble, as well as your membership. Just a peice of advise. I am asuming we have Muslim members on this board.

Why is it that Muslims somehow have the market cornered on being insulted over criticisms of their ideology/religion? I say post the cartoons here!!! If they get insulted, TOO BAD SO SAD!!

BTW; I haven't noticed any Muslims/Islamic groups in the US protesting these cartoons. Though I'm kinda outta the loop without television as a result of a recent move. Guess I should look it up on the internet at the normal news outlets.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
To paradise with them, if they can't take a joke.

....And all them virgins too!!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

BTW; I haven't noticed any Muslims/Islamic groups in the US protesting these cartoons. Though I'm kinda outta the loop without television as a result of a recent move. Guess I should look it up on the internet at the normal news outlets.

As far I am aware, and I live in Philadelphia there have been no such protests In the US. Now this could be because the cartoons were run in Europe and not in the US, or because Muslims in the US have assimilated in the local culture and are not as prone to these types of outbursts.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hello Frinds:

I don't see the big deal with these cartoons,I had seen
lot worst done about sadam and others.
People Grow-up!!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The Arab/Moslem world is a world that seems to be based on excessive pride, jingoism, facism and plain idiodicy. That is why a little caricature seems to cause riots.

Look at what the Arabs have managed to blurt out in their newspapers, TV and other media outlets - and this is just the edge of the iceberg:
Islamic/Arab bigotry

A simple internet search will show you literally hundreds of other examples. They are a daily occurance.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
well, I just looked at those cartoon images from that link posted back there & I really can't see what all the fuss is about....................unless there is an alterior motive for all the fuss. Sometimes radicals take something like this & utilise it to advance theor cause & to their advantage.

How many caractatures are there of other religious figures on our planet, not to mention the daily offerings in newspapers all around the world depicting our politicians. You don't see them all getting up in arms, do you? I reckon they've used this as an excuse to once again try to control us or censor us. Looks like its working pretty well in here too, cos we can't get the piccies posted up in here.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
well, I just looked at those cartoon images from that link posted back there & I really can't see what all the fuss is about....................unless there is an alterior motive for all the fuss. Sometimes radicals take something like this & utilise it to advance theor cause & to their advantage.

That's what I'm thinking. I wonder if maybe certain people are PURPOSELY getting upset, in order to instigate something or throw gas on the flames.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

That's what I'm thinking. I wonder if maybe certain people are PURPOSELY getting upset, in order to instigate something or throw gas on the flames.

I mentioned something like that in a previous post about an all out street to street, house to house, jihad. If 1 billion muslims wanted to start an urban war in the name of alah, yikes! WWIII would be eminent. AAC

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I can see both sides to this story. I for one do not agree with using cartoons (which I think should only be used for children's purposes) for anything non PG related. However, in this day there are things that we just have to deal with. Everyone has freedom of religion, speech and press. Those who get upset have a right to state their opinion but just so they know, there really isn't anything you can do about it. Most of the time it's just stupid people trying to get a reaction from someone (and of course it always works, that's why they do it).

The link provided earlier did not work for me. The images it brought up were very tiny in size. Could someone repost.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy_101
I can see both sides to this story. I for one do not agree with using cartoons (which I think should only be used for children's purposes) for anything non PG related.

What do you mean when you say "children"? Sometimes, cartoons are great for adult satire which could bring them into the "PG-13" or "R" ratings range. IOW: Cartoons aren't only for children; nor should they ever be (only for children).

These caricatures of Muhammed are satire and should be treated as such; that is to say (to Muslims who are offended): Lighten up!! And try not to take yourselves too seriously. You're not the only ones living on this Earth. And remember: There are significantly more non-Muslims than there are Muslims. If you don't like these cartoons; go to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Libya, etc; where you can enjoy strict Islamic ideology and where you'll never have to see satire like this--and you can try and burn all the buildings your heart desires.

However, in this day there are things that we just have to deal with. Everyone has freedom of religion, speech and press. Those who get upset have a right to state their opinion but just so they know, there really isn't anything you can do about it. Most of the time it's just stupid people trying to get a reaction from someone (and of course it always works, that's why they do it).

The link provided earlier did not work for me. The images it brought up were very tiny in size. Could someone repost.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That’s because the images are too large and stretch the page, so they automatically resize into a smaller version. Just hold your cursor over the images for a few seconds and a small icon should appear at the bottom right corner of the images, click on it and the images will expand.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Just yesterday I saw a T-Shirt with the star of david on it, with a picture of Jesus of the cross. The print said: If he shows up again, we'll just killl him again!

I am surprised no one else saw his error.

Islam came AFTER Jesus, so how could Muslims have killed him?

With that said I don't think I need to say what religious group was responsible for his death.

Now, this would offend any christian, or any Jew, yet I don't see people burning embassies down over it.

Christians would certainly be offended, but why would Jews be offended?

They don't believe in Jesus.....Quite the opposite.....

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

AnAboluteCreation

"Just yesterday I saw a T-Shirt with the star of david on it, with a picture of Jesus of the cross. The print said: If he shows up again, we'll just killl him again! "

Indeed I find that extremely offensive but amusing at the same time because of my spiritual strength.

The first thought that came into my mind when I read this was NO ONE took Jesus' life. He GAVE it.

As some of you well know by now I always fall back on the scripture.

Consider this:

When Jesus was talking to Pontious Pilate right before he was crucified Pilate told Jesus this: (After Jesus had not answered his previous question about where Jesus was from)

Joh 19:10 Then Pilate said to Him, "Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?"

Jesus responded:

Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, "You could have NO POWER at ALL against Me unless IT HAD BEEN GIVEN TO YOU FROM ABOVE. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

WoW..

So all these silly people running around with these silly t-shirts have NO idea what they are up against.

And finally.. When Jesus shows up again, he's not coming to die for anyone.. He's coming to CLEAN HOUSE.

Ro 14:11 For it is written: "As I live, says the Lord, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TOUNGE SHALL CONFESS TO GOD."

Plain and simple really.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by TxSecret]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Just yesterday I saw a T-Shirt with the star of david on it, with a picture of Jesus of the cross. The print said: If he shows up again, we'll just killl him again!

Islam came AFTER Jesus, so how could Muslims have killed him?

I wasn't talking about Islam, the t-shirt was implying the Jews. Not Muslims.

If you don't think this is completely uncivilized, then your opinion is as primitive as their actions.

?????? AAC

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Plus Jesus could have summoned a whole army of angels had He wished.

He wasn't a victim. He did GIVE His life.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

I read something on another site recently from someone who had spent time in Beirut and never remembered seeing very many Danish flags in any of the shops. Suddenly it seems that everybody has a Danish flag that they are burning in the streets.

Of course it was overplayed and exaggerated. But how much incitement does a mob need to go on a rampage?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
:shk::shk:“Plus Jesus could have summoned a whole army of angels had He wished.”:shk::shk:

I don't want to derail the topic but I find the fact that someone believes in the above statement highly disturbing, maybe its just me though

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Being an Irish Catholic you would probably expect me to be outraged at the t-shirt this thread is about.

I happen to find it extremely funny & have seen many religion cartoons, most of which I found to be hilarious, I didn't really see the humour in the Danish lads cartoons to be honest but I'm slightly irreverant anyway.

Totally believe in free speach & seen as how there was so much uproar I have 2 questions:

(1) If these cartoons caused so much controversy & offence how offensive is it for non-Muslims to see pictures of people waving signs saying Death to Infadels etc etc & people actually being killed over a stupid cartoon?

(2) These cartoons were originally printed on 30th of September 2005, an apology was demanded by Muslim ambassadors & an apology was given on 31st of January 2006 by the original paper to have printed them. Why after an apology has been made does this situation get blown up out of all proportion? (Part of it has to come because the pictures were reprinted in other publications, that's just the nature of the press, they see something controvertial & they run it to sell papers - make money)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join