It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They went too far this time!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Okay, this is now getting rediculous. It is going to become more difficult justufying their actions when they do these types of things. I would like to see someone come to thier defense on this one.

Bottom line, this is a primitive, uncivilized reactions to a first level insult.

Just yesterday I saw a T-Shirt with the star of david on it, with a picture of Jesus of the cross. The print said: If he shows up again, we'll just killl him again!

Now, this would offend any christian, or any Jew, yet I don't see people burning embassies down over it.

Now for all those that say it is against their religion to deface Alah, fine. But a true God would have sympathy and forgiveness, not the opposite. AAC

PS. If these are just the radical Muslims, then there are more of them then I'd like to admit.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 4-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 4-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've actually seen a few of those cartoons that have a few Muslims getting their panties in a bunch--and I'm left wondering, why all the uproar?

I've seen/heard of "artists" doing FAR WORSE to Christianity.

They really need to get over it.
Just blow it off. Meh--we Christians are used to being insulted on a regular basis. We just shrug.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Would it be ok for me to post the pictures?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatescifi

Please do...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Links to the images would best at this stage.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ok.

imaginothing.com...

And I just noticed theres a large thread on this in the 'War on Terrorism' section. Not sure what it has to do with terrorism though.

Edited, sorry mod, didnt see your post.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by ihatescifi]

[edit on 4-2-2006 by ihatescifi]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes, Freedom of speech

and IT'S JUST A CARTOON!!!! (Sorry, can't control myself)

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What!? is this some new policy?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't have posted them, as it could land ATS in trouble, as well as your membership. Just a peice of advise. I am asuming we have Muslim members on this board.

The argument about free speech does not apply to this boad, so dont preach please. This is a privertly owned board that we are all gests on and are only here at the descrestion of the owners, and what we get to post is up too them.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

What!? is this some new policy?

No.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ive seen many insults to other religions like judaism and christainity, like a picture of Jesus on a cross smiling with the wood adhesive "no more nails" next to him.

Now, this would offend any christian, or any Jew, yet I don't see people burning embassies down over it.

and i agree.

In the daily mail today (for all of you living in the uk) there was pictures of the protest of british muslims and a young boy on it had a sign "i support al-Quaida" which in its self is free speech.

So they go and burn down embassies, over a small cartoon but think its ok for small children to support terroist groups!?!?

(in a way i agree in the way newspapers are making a stand by posting this picture, especially as papers in italy etc have also printed just to re-enforce thier views of free speech and freedom of the press)

[edit on 4/2/06 by Jay505]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I wouldn't have posted them, as it could land ATS in trouble, as well as your membership. Just a peice of advise. I am asuming we have Muslim members on this board.

That's why I asked If this was a new policy, obviously if your going to censor one type of image that offends people then you might as well censor every single image on ATS that people find offensive. Is that the kind of ATS we want?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We've asked ATS members not to post pictures in the past (note: asked) and the membership have always complied. I'm not aware that we have any policy on these pictures. I think like all things it comes down to common sense. We'd rather it wasn't made an issue.

Admin have allowed links to images of similar importance but which are against the Terms and Conditions of the site. I would imagine that would be the sensible approach here.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
does anyone have a link to these cartoon caricatures? I heard about it on the news and i really want to see what the fuss is all bout.
caricatures are jokes and that is all. comedy is all facets of life. its meant in humour not to be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The link is a couple of posts up.

It all depends on how seriouse you take your religion.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

That's why I asked If this was a new policy, obviously if your going to censor one type of image that offends people then you might as well censor every single image on ATS that people find offensive. Is that the kind of ATS we want?

Emphasis added

Not at all WestPoint23. ihatescifi has provided a link above.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
looks like we iranians and jews in middle east are the only ones who seem not to make a bigg fuss about it. Just to show you Iranians are atleast civilized and are not like other middle-eastern countrys when they see a person from the west they scream allah akbar and cut off their head.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Bozorgh]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think there is more to it than getting upset at the cartoon images, I think what they are pissed off about mostly is the fact that they, the Muslims realise they are part of a propaganda campaign to make them out as the bad guys in all of this.

They see it as a form of perception management, christian westerners good (and sane), eastern muslims bad (and completely nuts).

Something like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bozorgh
looks like we iranians and jews in middle east are the only ones who seem not to make a bigg fuss about it. Just to show you Iranians are atleast civilized and are not like other middle-eastern countrys when they see a person from the west they scream allah akbar and cut off their head.

The Iranians may not be burning down buildings but they did say they might cancel the contracts of all countries who published the cartoons.

Iran threatens to cancel European contracts in cartoons row

[edit on 4-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by Bozorgh

The Iranians may not be burning down buildings but they did say they might cancel the contracts of all countries who published the cartoons.

Iran threatens to cancel European contracts in cartoons row

[edit on 4-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

Thanks for the news, it actually came to a surprise to me but we really don't have that big of a economic business with any danish compannies, yet again I know for fact it's not as harsh as what Saudia Arabia is doing boycotting danish goods along with Egypt.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join