It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams (Not Sure What To Call This)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi all!

I have something that I need to get some clarity on. As long as I can remember, I've had dreams that "tie in" with reality. This is really hard to explain, so I'll give an example.

Last night (2/3/06) was the most recent occurance. I was having a dream where I was telling people to "Get out! It is going to explode!" Now, I have no idea what was going to explode, I'm just relaying to you what I remember. But, when whatever it was exploded, a huge thunderboom hit and rattle the house enough to wake me up. I understand that it was just thunder, but how does my mind in its dream state anticipate something that random, and use it to give some "reality" to my dream?

Other instances are more mundane, such as knowing someone is coming to wake me up (such as my wife) before they even come in the room.

Does anyone else experience this, and what can it be described as?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
in this case, I think the thunder caused you to dream an explosion. in the second you heard the thunder, you could have dreamt that entire scene. time goes differently in dreams.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by phiniks]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have had many many strange incidents where ill be lying there thinking,even watching myself but it doesnt seem to register that im lying there in front of me until I wake up,its usually right before the alarm goes off.

In regards to the different realms they are close and yet far.While in the dream state or whatever you want to call it,it is possible to have something simillar happen to you that is happening in the realm which your physical body exsists.

There is much to syudy when it comes to realms/dimensions and how we interact with them.Some methods suggest that the more we search through our minds and the world around us.The more easily it becomes to be succeptable to finding the ways to open the doors.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, I had the freakiest thing happen to me yesterday. I dreamt that I was in an unknown place and there were all these purple monkeys with rabbit ears.....they were purple because they ate a special Japanese type of potato which is purple -

But anyway - when I woke up, I turned the TV on and the `Felicity` series was on.

In the scene, she was in bed with her boyfriend, she had just woken up and was telling him about the dream that she just had - she said that she had dreamt of rabbit monkeys!!! I couldnt believe what I had just heard....it felt like time had stood still for a second - coincidence or....I just cannot explain this!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by phiniks
in this case, I think the thunder caused you to dream an explosion. in the second you heard the thunder, you could have dreamt that entire scene. time goes differently in dreams.

Yeah, that's one of the really weird things about dreams. I've had many dreams where they'll lead up to something which is associated with an external sound. Like how did my dream fit the external sound into everything unless it knew it was coming?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

Yeah, that's one of the really weird things about dreams. I've had many dreams where they'll lead up to something which is associated with an external sound. Like how did my dream fit the external sound into everything unless it knew it was coming?

That is my point. I just don't see how an entire dream can lead up to an event in the physical realm... almost as if the human brain/mind has a certain amount of telepathy while in its dream state.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Even weirder.. For the past half year orso, I tend to wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes on... not that I dream of that sound a couple minutes before, I just wake up.

oh... and it doesn;t matter what time I set it

[edit on 18-2-2006 by phiniks]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Even weirder.. For the past half year orso, I tend to wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes on... not that I dream of that sound a couple minutes before, I just wake up.

oh... and it doesn;t matter what time I set it

You have a great "internal clock" your body always knows what time it is, and your mind knows what time you set your alarm-even if different everytime-and will wake internally before the alarm...mostly because it's quite a jolt to wake up to an alarm...your body prefers to do it naturally, and can-due to the internal clock. Yours is in top shape.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I do that all of the time.

I still am curious as to the ability of our minds in dream state to know what is going to happen in the physical realm.

new topics

top topics

join