It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's military Strength?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Air superiorty is overrated. For ultimate ground domination infantry and armored are still significantly needed. Planes can only kill so much troops and destroy so much targets, to fullly control strategic points, cities, bridges, you have no alternative but to call in the infantry and armored units for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am suprised none of you mentioend this point.

Military war between US and China does not necessarily have to be a conventional one, it can be one of espionage. There are currently more than 4 million Chinese living in foreign lands all acorss the planet. Almost in every major city in the world chances are you will find a Chinese community of some sort.

The Chinese intelligence network is truly vast on a grand scale.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
I am suprised none of you mentioend this point.

Military war between US and China does not necessarily have to be a conventional one, it can be one of espionage. There are currently more than 4 million Chinese living in foreign lands all acorss the planet. Almost in every major city in the world chances are you will find a Chinese community of some sort.

The Chinese intelligence network is truly vast on a grand scale.

That don't really mean anything, even the Chinese govt are suspicious of any Chinese overseas, especially Chinese Americans. Influence by democracy as well as loyalty to adopted country is enough that overseas Chinese cannot be 100% guaranteed as a reliable intelligence gatherer.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
No that's not what i meant, it is very likely China sends agents aboard into foreign countries disguised as ordinary immigrants, and blend in with the common Chinese crowd after arriving in the country gathering information doing espionage work etc.

And with 4 million chinese aboard you have no idea exactly how many are actually working for Chinese government, and also because of the staggering numbers, it will be extremely difficult to track one down.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Do not foolishly underestimate the power of intelligence, WWII was largely won on the foundations of that by the Allies in both the Pacific and European theatre.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i honestly dont think there are that many spies in the average chinese population. I mean, why would the chinese need a spy inside a dry cleaner. There is a chinese family who owns one not too far from my home. Theyre nice and do a great job. I dont think theyre spies. And how many Chinese citizens are actually working in sensitive areas of government? Besides the Los Alamos incident, which I dont think well be having any more of, how many incidents of successful espionage have the Chinese pulled off here in the US, anyone have any kind of info on Chinese Intel. and espionage in the US?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Apparently the Chinese intelligence people already rely upon their diaspora of 60 million for much intelligence, and plan to further use this humint in all future actions. Of course, these people only constitute a tiny fraction of this diaspora, with most Chinese people in the West being more Western than me. That said, the recent Chinese spy defector Chen down here in Australia said that there were 1,000 Chinese govt spies in this country alone.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ven if there wereany chinese spies, the effect wont be that much.
bcos they cant hav people with chinese features working in sensitive ares as spies cos they will b the first to be doubted.
secondly i dont think the chinese immigrants would want to help their govt againt their adopted couintry that much bcos they hav a better life here.
that leaves where the chinese buy some of the people working in high areas n who are native of dat country.that can do real damage.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2smart2curious secondly i dont think the chinese immigrants would want to help their govt againt their adopted couintry that much bcos they hav a better life here.
that leaves where the chinese buy some of the people working in high areas n who are native of dat country.that can do real damage.

Yes, you're correct, it's a very tiny proportion of the Chinese diaspora that are agents of the Chinese Communist Party. 99.9% of Chinese people that migrate are patriotic about their adopted countries and assimilate quickly into their societies and are just as keen to live in peace and harmony as the next person. They also have an ancient history and sophisticated culture which offers much to the Western world.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think people ignored china's missile defence and overrated US air power

u see, air plan are not going to fly without their ports

once the war starts, china probably wouldn't have its intercontinental missiles sitting there waiting for the US air craft to come out of there ports to destroy them

and i never trust the "US ANTI MISSILE" thing, since they don't work, u can take air crafts out with missiles but u can't take intercontinental missiles with missiles, becouse they fly at hypersonic (way faster then the supersonic air plans can fly)

and u can never tell how good the "stealthy air crafts" are against china's anti air- defence, since it is not air VS air only, but also air VS anti air

and china probably has world's strongest anti air system next to US, so u can never tell how reliable the US stealthy crafts are.

so don't laugh at china too quickly, because that's the exact mistake the UN force made during the Korean war (was calling the PLA a bunch of laundry man before the fight, and ended up with 300000+ UN troops killed)

PS. underestimating often leads to tragic, unless u no ur opponent is something like iraq or afghanistan.....
the US has made this mistake before, there is no need to repeat

[edit on 13-3-2006 by warset]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
China.. Was it just a hundred years ago that they were a nation of opium addicted slaves? Perhaps a bit more? And now, they have the largest standing military on earth, quite possibly the largest in the history of all man kind. With conventional arms, they would destroy us. What the war would be like is sending a few spiders into an ants nest. Soviet era equipment is still quite a bit like our own. The only thing lacking in their arsenal is a decent tank and its anti equivilent. The AK-47 is still the rugged, reliable work horse it was in the year from which its name comes, while the M16 or M4 is a tad improved from the plastic toy distributed in Vietnam. They could invade any country at their border, even without mechanized support. And, unless we stage an invasion sometime in the next few years, we're gonna be SOL.

The only viable option in the near future is a nuclear exchange, and thats a dangerous road. Once agian, a Soviet nuke is still a device that can generate heat equivilent to the center of a damn star, regardless of who made it. Even with the START program, both of us posses enough weapons to turn the earth into a nice big radioactive meatball. And thats assuming Russia isn't involved in the exchange.

Now, theres the 'big three' that make the current 'axis of evil' look like bath toys. Russia has the stockpiles of arms and natraul resources, India has man power and a rapidly expanding advanced industry (Thanks to outsourcing no less.) and China has both of the above and a nearly 1 billion man army. The production power, resources and sheer numbers this alliance would create would not only put our economy in the hole, this would make a full on invasion possible. This is, for the first time since the fight for our independance, a feasible threat to our country. Not our army, interests or colonies, but the very soil we sit on. Hilter couldn't have, Kasier Willhelm IV couldn't have, Stalin couldn't have.. But Putin and friends could ruin us economically, socially and militarlistically.

Thats my doomsday prophecy, and I pray that it'll never come to pass.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
One has got to remember that doing things in China is much cheaper, and I don't think the Chinese military buys $2000.00 toilet seats either. People would get executed over bad purchases like that.

When one considers Chinese folks get paid like 2-3 bux a day, that's a crap-load of cheap labour, they can manufacture everything at a fraction of the cost.

So I would assume their military budget goes at least 10X further than the US military budget does.

They also have the people and the infrastructure to build a mighty military machine on a real short notice.

I think they see a war coming. (a big one)

China does use cheap labour. China does have it flaws. But how can such a mighty race of people not fall into the abyss of corruption and failure when they are being pressed down every more so by your stupid western, arrogant, anglo saxon leaders? Had the west not invented the steam engine, china would not have fallen so far behind. You cannot simply expect a country to change in a matter of days. It take time. Time that you had for modernising. Time you have to economic developments. Time you have for evolving from barbaric creatures into civilized people when the Chinese began to write books and build palaces! You western supressor are of no potential use to the human race. End of coment!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by ludaChris

Originally posted by Alien DNA
It's as I just said about $90million they published $30million, so still a long way to go to the U.S.

Oh ok, I misenterpretted, my bad. 90 Bln.

You mean million...you keep typing billion.

and no...the US does not have a bigger defense budget of the rest of the world combined...thats just a rumor.

China does have a crappy Navy, but its growing...but its still just a blue water Navy (Meaning it doesn't cover earths oceans).
There Ary is rediculous....reported at 1 billion....except for the fact they wouldn't have enough guns for everyone.

Most of there equiptment is old soviet era stuff. They have virually on satellite infastructure in place to have a modern day war.

You have so many errors. The defense budget is in BILLIONS not millions.

The US does spend 52% of the world's defense budget.

No the army doesn't have 1 billion people in it. They have 1.3 billion living there for starters. Their army right now is 2.5 million, while the US is a little less (like 2.3 million).

[edit on 6-7-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Isnt this site's motto "Deny Ignorance"?

Murcielago (mad car)

1. How many raptors do you have?
2. How many B2's do you have?
3. How many bombs do you have?
4. How much IQ do you have?

BTW eronyn, calm down

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sin0coz90tan45
Isnt this site's motto "Deny Ignorance"?

Murcielago (mad car)

1. How many raptors do you have?
2. How many B2's do you have?
3. How many bombs do you have?
4. How much IQ do you have?

BTW eronyn, calm down

I sincerely merit you thanks in persuading me to calm down. I am calm. But my words are not. And your response. Is it directed at sin0cos90...? Because what he is say is 100% true.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by eronyn]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Actually the chinese have quite decent tanks namely T98 and 99's. These tanks can easily compete with European and US tanks like the Challenger 2 and M1.
Their airforce is also decent albeit way behind the US in terms of hardware.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

To say that a place like China lacks technology is in my opinion not quite accurate, where is your stereo made, your TV? Heck, I wouldn't doubt if US military hardware contains Chinese electronic parts.

They have the infrastrucure and it's growing, the US has infrastructure and it's dying, much the US manufacturing capability has been outsourced to China for many years now.
At 10% growth a year, they are advancing quite rapidly and now make some of the highest quality goods in the world.

I'm sure the US military does have some components "made in China", But nothing critical or advanced is made there.

Yeah, Most of your everyday stuff is from China...Thats because there workers work for next to nothing. You make China Sound really wealthy...But a large majority of China is dirt poor, people living in little huts.
The US's economy continues to grow, but China's is growing faster.

As for tech...Its much much easier to play catch up...then staying in the lead.

ive been living in china for 2 years and i gotta say thats so true

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gunman
Now, theres the 'big three' that make the current 'axis of evil' look like bath toys. Russia has the stockpiles of arms and natraul resources, India has man power and a rapidly expanding advanced industry (Thanks to outsourcing no less.) and China has both of the above and a nearly 1 billion man army. The production power, resources and sheer numbers this alliance would create would not only put our economy in the hole, this would make a full on invasion possible. This is, for the first time since the fight for our independance, a feasible threat to our country. Not our army, interests or colonies, but the very soil we sit on. Hilter couldn't have, Kasier Willhelm IV couldn't have, Stalin couldn't have.. But Putin and friends could ruin us economically, socially and militarlistically.

invasion???? LMAO how would they project their power all the way to the US??

edit:i gotta tell you i live in an apartment surrounded by factorys and at noon the streets look the same in new york its CRAZY! i live in some crappy small city called longhua which i HATE!!!
and these 20 year old factory workers dont give a crap about there country thats for sure

[edit on 6-7-2006 by dabomb]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Well, if the US and China get into a scuffle it will be over oil resources and control over them I think.

why would the US get in a scuffle over oil when there are more barrels of oil in canada(oil sands) then there is suadi arabia
canada is the US of A's little brother

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
dabomb, why were you living in china

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join