It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's military Strength?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
From the legendary Chinese strategist himself:

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; instead, it consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu

Where US exceeds in the military and technological warfare, it is losing its edges gradually to China via economically and politically. You don't neccessarily need missiles, tanks, planes to cause collapse of a country.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by SteveR
but doesn't it go against war conventions to just drop bombs on "millions" of troops?

Mercialago said:

of course not. Iraq should have hidden some bombers and used them once our army invaded to take out our troops, but they didn't, and they lost.

You use whatever you have available to win a war.

Iraq lost the war?!?! Where was I when that happened?
And to think that all this time I thought the USA was losing!

I should pay more attention I guess, damn ADD

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Do you live in a hole? The war has being over for a long time, and the US won, hands down. Its turned into to terrorist blowing them selves up, and puting bombs in roads...hardly a war.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Do you live in a hole?
...Yes, dang small apartment

The war has being over for a long time,
...It has
why are your soldiers still fighting then,

and the US won, hands down.
...I guess they can come home now,huh?

Its turned into to terrorist blowing them selves up, and puting bombs in roads...hardly a war.
....Funny

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Do you live in a hole? The war has being over for a long time, and the US won, hands down. Its turned into to terrorist blowing them selves up, and puting bombs in roads...hardly a war.

a war is always a war if there's a person on the opposite side still willing to die for their cause!! -

have you not seen rambo?? - he wiped out the whole russian army by HIMSELF!!

(i'm just being silly now)

[edit on 10-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The war has being over for a long time,
...It has
why are your soldiers still fighting then,

and the US won, hands down.
...I guess they can come home now,huh?

Its not "war" in the traditional sense of the word.
technically its appart of the "war on terrorism", but its not really a war.

and if our troops leave now then Iraq will fall apart, and will once again be apart of the "axis of evil". I support our troops, and them being there.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Merc.
sounds like you are fooling yourself into believing your own propaganda.

War is war, wether it's one objective or another, all they have won is the hearts and minds of fools.

Don't be a fool.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

War is war, wether it's one objective or another, all they have won is the hearts and minds of fools.

Don't be a fool.

I dont think the majority of Iraqi's are fools, and nor am I.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Man you guys love doing this don't you?

Originally posted by ludaChris
You do realize that China and Vietnam have fought each other before.
[edit on 2/10/2006 by ludaChris]

You do realize I posted that same thing, are you blind or something? You should read the whole post.

Originally posted by mad scientist

lol, China was far from a super power back in the 60's and 70's, it isn't even one now

Then define to me what a super power is in your own words. Because you're living in another dimension where China did not back vietname and even threatened to sense one million troops to support the north, the same thing happened during the korean war but it did not happen during the vietname war. To correct you the USSR supported NORTH KOREA, and CHINA, and the Soviet Union supported NORTH VIETNAME but later lost friendship when mao died. How do you think they support them if there was no way to supply north vietname, only through china.

Yes Iraq is in a current Civil war right now, in no way is it the same as Operation Iraqi Freedom.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
I don't believe america as the best troops!! - this time i take you to 'iraq'

how many british soldiers have been killed by the americans due to friendly fire during the 1st and 2nd gulf war? how many targets have been missed by the US in iraq? how long did it take the US military to control bagdad?

now look at british forces, how many targets have the british military missed (0 - or not many if they have) how many american lifes have been lost due to british friendly fire? (0) - look how quickly it took for the british troops to control basra??

thats why i say the british troops are the best tranined in the world (combat and in peacekeeping).

Heres a vid that been circulating the web...This must be your British Troop doing a great job "peacekeeping".

British Troops in Iraq (peacekeeping)

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz

Originally posted by ludaChris
You do realize that China and Vietnam have fought each other before.
[edit on 2/10/2006 by ludaChris]

You do realize I posted that same thing, are you blind or something? You should read the whole post.
[edit on 10-2-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

Damn, I did miss that, but no need for you to take a tone. I simply missed it, my bad. I will remember to read the whole post in the future.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
thats a small majority, here is a link with your troops doing it also

www.mirror.co.uk...=14195963&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=outrage-at-american-torture-of-iraqi-prisoners-name_page.h tml

but i don't know what your trying to say!! - surelly you cannot be saying 'american troops' are all round better unit than the british forces in peacekeeping and combat.

look at all the experience we've had from over the years and generations!!

again i ask you to place your mind back to about 3 months after the 2nd iraqi war finished...basra was under british control straight away, it took approx 2/3 months for the US to keep bagdad under control and at one point the US was averaging 10 lost lifes per week in trying to secure baghdad.

and a US commander went on air saying "maybe we should take a leaf out of the british troops book!!" - it also got that bad for US troops in baghdad there were reports over here that america was about to ask for british help in keeping order/stability in baghdad..

but about those torture claims, american troops are hardly angels are they?? - i mean its not like they haven't done it before in iraq.

and if you also look around the net, you'll found THOUSANDS of articales (and newspaper clippings) about americans troops raping vietnames women.

I don't believe america as the best troops!! - this time i take you to 'iraq'

how many british soldiers have been killed by the americans due to friendly fire during the 1st and 2nd gulf war? how many targets have been missed by the US in iraq? how long did it take the US military to control bagdad?

now look at british forces, how many targets have the british military missed (0 - or not many if they have) how many american lifes have been lost due to british friendly fire? (0) - look how quickly it took for the british troops to control basra??

thats why i say the british troops are the best tranined in the world (combat and in peacekeeping).

Heres a vid that been circulating the web...This must be your British Troop doing a great job "peacekeeping".

British Troops in Iraq (peacekeeping)

[edit on 13-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

but i don't know what your trying to say![edit on 13-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

I'm simply saying that The British Troops arn't the miraculous peace keeping saints that you think they are.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In an older thread on the same topic I remeber reading about the J-10, which is the main fighter plane for China.

I remember reading that the ratio of our planes to those of China is somewhere in the range of 1 to 10. This is considering they finish producing the planned number of planes.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ok mate, point taken

but i don't know what your trying to say![edit on 13-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

I'm simply saying that The British Troops arn't the miraculous peace keeping saints that you think they are.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i believe dat the chinese army is bout 2 million soldiers strong.its bout twice the size of the indian army which consists of 1.2 million soldiers.
on top of dat the chinese army is highly disciplined n has high tech weaponary.
its the only country in the world which had the guts 2 ask 4 an apology from the US for a spy plane which was captured by them.(n they got an apology letter from bush himself).
this speaks volumes bout chinas might n the US miliatry is well aware of that.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I loved the video. Thats exactly what should happen when you incite riots.

Did you see that crowd, must have been over a thousand strong, take off scurrying like rats when only 8-10 soldiers ran after them.

I was laughing so hard. Its about time these punks got their butts kicked. I only wish the beatings would have been more severe and right in front of the rioters.

Train

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would treat the chinese military as a serious force. Although they have a poor navy and airforce at the moment, they are in a situation to build them up relatively quickly and are doing so.

Their army is largest in the world and could easily sweep into europe if they wished.

Technology is a good counter for numbers, but I believe that the sheer numbers involved would eventually overpower any technology, at a severe cost to both sides.

The current Chinese build up of forces is mostly to take on Taiwan and eventually Japan.

In referecnce to other points mentioned,

The spyplane incident was sabre rattling following the sinking of a chinese 'trawler' by an American submarine.

Britain is the strongest military in Europe, mostly thanks to our friends in the states.

and finally,

America did lose the Vietnam war, they were forced to redraw due to immense political pressure, just as the heavy bombing was starting to make an impact. Six months more and it would have been another story.

The typical American tactics of 'shock and awe' only work in enviorments where military forces can move quickly (i.e. not jungle.)

Overall I would say that China is fairly evenly matched with the USA at the moment, the US has the upper hand so far, but for how much longer?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you cant maintain superiority on the seas and in the air, you wont win period. China has a long way to go in catching the US Navy and Air Force. Without the ability to project your power significantly beyond your borders in a conventional conflict you can not win. This is why I dont see China as a big threat to US superiority. I will acknowledge they are developing quickly, but their newest fighter is comparable to our latest block F-16's at best, which is a design that came out of the late 60's early 70's. This says all that needs to be said. I dont deny that China can be a force on the ground, they are, but not at the sea or in the air can they compete with the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bozorgh
If your intersted in Chinese war exsercise or their military parades than check out these videos.

www.youtube.com... 52%200army%20navy%20air%20force

www.youtube.com... 252%200army%20navy%20air%20force

www.youtube.com... my%20navy%20air%20force

Quite impressive indeed. Reminds me of the Red Army at the height of the Cold War, but somewhat bigger. WW3 is gonna HURT, that,s for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join