It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish embassy ablaze

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I hope they put the cartoon on T-Shirts. i'll wear one proudly.

Here are two T-Shirt designs that I want to see being made.
The images are too large to post so just click on the links.

Link 1

Link 2

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Blaming "islam" for this is absurd.

Its a religion! Some people who call themselves muslims are morons, others are near saints, just like every religion. I don't recall there being an outcry from nations and leaders in the west when the Phalange was on its rampage in Lebanon. Thats because, sensibly enough, they figured they had nothing to do with such an extremist group. Similarly, I don't recall hearing too many preists condeming the IRA, and I don't recall too many massive rallies of catholics across ireland and the world to condem the IRA and terrorism every time the IRA blew someone up. And I certainly don't recall calls from political leaders to bomb the vatican because of the IRA, or eliminate catholicism or break up catholic churches.

Outside of people already bigoted against catholicism. Apparently we have a similar situation with respect to islam these days.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I say they try to talk to the rioters, and if they don't listen give em enough time to think about it, then kill em all! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
In the US of A if a protest turned angry and buildings started being burned, we use force. Now I don't know how it is there, but they need to step it up and stop the protestors.
Its just mob mentaility. One person started shouting "Lets burn the Embassy" then 10 people started shouting it, then 50 people. Then you have the idiots the actually go through with it.
So it should be shoot a warning shot, the people that leave leave em alone, but the ones who stay and fight mop em up.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Blaming "islam" for this is absurd.

With all due respect who other then Islamics can be blamed?

Do you see anyone other them Islamic countries complaining about the cartoons?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It is insane...bad enough with Rushdie having his life threatened!

Where does this religious extremism stop? Now the editors have been arrested...unbelievable! I havent seen the cartoons...cos I was like 'big deal'..... 'cartoons' that have deeply offended muslim world and they are wlling to risk killing people/burn down buildings....over cartoons

This retaliation cannot be tolerated. They need to be brought into line very quickly.
pathetic..

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero

Ah Luxi, I really like your posts, because all groups need their apologists. The muslim murders have you, and they should feel lucky.

I'm not an apologist for Muslim murders, and by any means, if you have any veracity to this claim, do be a gentleman and bring forth the evidence.

The rest of your bigotry holds no ground and is nothing but plain and simple bigotry. To categoricaly imply that Muslims are terrorists complies with an ignorant complex within you that is obviously lacking of critical thinking.

Luxifero

Critical thinking? Islamic religionist have been waging war on the West since 740ad.....that is after the Death of Jesus....

Get real.

Islam is against all concepts of Christian thought- Mercy, Forgiveness and Redemption.

Islam is a hateful, revenge filled, intolerant concept/cult.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Tyriffic]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

I hope they put the cartoon on T-Shirts. i'll wear one proudly.

Here are two T-Shirt designs that I want to see being made.
The images are too large to post so just click on the links.

I want one of those t-shirts but would be concerned if I walked down the street wearing this and then was attacked/bashed/killed for doing so...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Where does this religious extremism stop? Now the editors have been arrested...unbelievable!

Wait… what? The editors have been arrested, where did you hear this? If it’s true then its outrageous!!!

I want one of those t-shirts but would be concerned if I walked down the street wearing this and then was attacked/bashed/killed for doing so...

I see that you live in Australia? I would imagine if you wore such a shirt the police would be able to protect you.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Critical thinking? Islamic religionist have been waging war on the West since 740ad.....that is after the Death of Jesus....

Such postulative statements require a factual basis, you are aware of this, are you not?

I was not aware that Islam was advent after the death of Christ, were you? There is quite the gap in history since the supposed death of Christ and the birth of Muhhamed.

Luxifero

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Luxifero]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In days of yore, we were seperated by regions and few travelled beyond what was, at that time, their immediate surroundings. When they did travel abroad, they relied on an age old axiom... 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do'.

Today, with the recent dispersal of people emigrating and imigrating all over the globe, that axiom no longer seems to apply since we are thrown together. People are also relocating in such numbers that they strive to make an island of their culture in those faraway places where they have moved, gathering into 'communities'. This produces abrasive situations.

What we are witnessing is another dang example of culture clash.

Islam does not like the depiction of their Saints and God. To them it is a huge indiscretion. The immediacy of media has the effect of enraging an entire culture because of the perceived religious slur happening to one of those island cultures.

www.artlex.com...

The absence of figures is a characteristic feature of Islamic religious art. It is occasionally said that figures were banned in Islam from the start, but this is untrue. The Koran has very little to say on the subject. Muslims believe that God is unique and without associates and therefore that he cannot be represented. He is worshipped directly without intercessors, so there is no place for images of saints. Since the Koran has little in the way of narrative, there was little reason to present stories in religious art, and in time this absence of opportunity hardened into law.

I think we're going to see this kind of thing happen more and more as island cultures establish themselves. These insults to their religious mores will be used to fan the flames of outraged fervor on either side as the differences become evident.

There are three outcomes;

1. Understanding and acceptance of differences. e.g. Muslims will have to put up with depictions of God while they live in countries which allow such things.

2. Returning to a place within the boundaries of the culture where conditions are defined so that there can be no offence. In other words, going back.

3. A bloody global war where one culture is the victor and forces all survivors into a state of consensus.

peace

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
hi it was in the local paper today..

here is the link

Editors arrested over cartoons

05feb06
TWO Jordanian tabloid editors have been arrested after their newspapers published controversial cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed.

Al-Mehwar editor-in-chief Hashem al-Khalidi was arrested shortly before midnight (0900 AEDT), a source close to Khalidi said.

Earlier in the day, Jihad Momani, editor-in-chief of the weekly gossip newspaper Shihane, was arrested on the order of prosecutors for having printed three of the cartoons.

editors

[edit on 4-2-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I see that you live in Australia? I would imagine if you wore such a shirt the police would be able to protect you.

Na no guarantees over here! I could be sitting at a bus stop and a gang might come up and bash me...oh sure the police might get right on it...but to offer me protection? It's almost like wearing bathers at Cronulla and being labeled a slut by Lebanese guys... why us Aussie girls are all hoes...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It’s a shame, but being that Jordan is in the ME it doesn’t suprise me. I thought you meant the editors of the Danish newspaper that ran the cartoon has been arrested. Now that would have surprised me.

Na no guarantees over here! I could be sitting at a bus stop and a gang might come up and bash me...oh sure the police might get right on it...but to offer me protection?

Hmm… I don't suppose you would like this, and I don’t know the laws pertaining to this in Australia, but I would just carry.

It's almost like wearing bathers at Cronulla and being labeled a slut by Lebanese guys... why us Aussie girls are all hoes...

Yeah, difference of cultures can be a real pain sometimes. Just like here in the states all you have to do is look at how a Muslim and a white girl dress, they are worlds apart.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It’s a shame, but being that Jordan is in the ME it doesn’t suprise me. I thought you meant the editors of the Danish newspaper that ran the cartoon has been arrested. Now that would have surprised me.

I think its bad enough for the Jordanian editors..wonder how the Danes will deal with this?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Such postulative statements require a factual basis, you are aware of this, are you not?

I was not aware that Islam was advent after the death of Christ, were you? There is quite the gap in history since the supposed death of Christ and the birth of Muhhamed.

Luxifero

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Luxifero]

You can save your high speech. Yes, Mohammed or whatever way you spell his name, died in and around that time, did not rise again and has turned to dust.

Why is islam not sufficient unto itself that it can not sustain a cartoon that is offensive to it???

If Allah is so great, why does he need the multitude to rise in mayhem and murder to avenge him???

Your religion is just that, a religion. Belief in Jesus Christ is not a religion. It is faith. Faith lends one to greater things and the ability to overcome.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think its bad enough for the Jordanian editors..wonder how the Danes will deal with this?

Well the Danish President has already bailed out, apologizing to the Muslims for his country because they ran the cartoons, damn politicians they have no spine

But I don’t think they can arrest the editors.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Your religion is just that, a religion. Belief in Jesus Christ is not a religion. It is faith. Faith lends one to greater things and the ability to overcome.

I'm not Muslim.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm not Muslim.

Luxifero

Then you must be dumber than a box of rocks.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Then you must be dumber than a box of rocks.

Thank you. Now, this forum does have decorum in regards to how one should carry himself and how one should treat others on this forum. Please follow suit. We're not children here.

I find it odd that someone who touts Christ cannot come to terms with tolerence.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hmm… I don't suppose you would like this, and I don’t know the laws pertaining to this in Australia, but I would just carry.

lol I was like carry what?
its against the law to carry!

lmao
& I am a woos anyhow so really don't think it would help.

I feel it is such a shame, this really just promotes further conflict...and I am not so sure we muslim/western world can find a balance....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join