It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are teachers getting high on their "authority"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
I agree with this. There is a new rule at my school were if you hug a friend to say hello.

We got that at my school as well, it's an instant detention for, 'Showing public relations' I mean, what crap! It's not , it's just another way of saying hello!

Bloody schools!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I tend to agree with you.
I graduated high school younger than average, through much hard work of my own.
I had a teacher just out of school,so she was no more than 5 or so years older than I. Take me aside and said I need to tone down my showing off # in her class(i was the ONLY one replying to her questions,what a rebel) and that is why I had no friends (like I really wanted friends in a high school where kids were named Blaine and drive THEIR OWN hummers). I told her to go to hell. I got suspended. BUT even my father who was an extreme disciplinarian, was on my side. I have had run-ins with other teachers, thinking they know it all. As well as have the right to treat students like crap!
On that note, I'm the only one in my high schools history to go on to a ivy league school.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by b777pilot
On that note, I'm the only one in my high schools history to go on to a ivy league school.

Rock on. Show them whos the boss.

If a teacher told me I have no friends (even if I didnt want any) I'd would say "Oh...and tell me something. Since when is it your buiness how many friends I have? I'd rather not socialize with a group of idiots."

I actually said to my guidance councelor at the beginning of the school year "I'd rather walk off a cliff then make friends with half the morons here."

She didn't really appriciate it...but didnt really say much.

<< 1   >>

join