It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would they stop 50,000 of us from just walking into Area 51... shoot us all? Let's go!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This may sound really obvious, but if everyone is really so curious about area 51, why don't we just go find out what's there? Apparently sneaking on the base is impossible due to very tight security, so... if you can't go around security go through it. Has anyone thought of just walking up to the front door and ringing the bell? Yeah they have authority to shoot on sight, but they may think twice if you invite ohhh let's say, 50,000 to 100,000 of your closest friends, maybe throw in a little live TV coverage. Given the number of people in this country that are curious about area 51, you probably could organize an event on this scale. TV crews would jump at the chance to get exclusive footage of whats going on there. Seriously... what is the government going to do? Shoot 100,000 americans on live TV? I doubt it. It's really the one thing you can't defend against no matter how tight your security is... someone should think about organizing an event on this magnitude... I'm sure many people would be curious to see whats there. Honestly think about it... how would the government stop all these people from just walking onto the base? If you can get 50,000 to go to a football game, you can get more then that to uncover the truth... any reasons why this wouldn't work if someone organized it?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by b309302]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I don't think that you would have 50'000 people around after the first 9 or 10 took a couple of rounds in the 10 ring! Amazing how effective a few rounds are at breaking up civvy crowds.

Seriously, the government will defend their property with lethal force, particularly if there is a legal order allowing such a reaction. The majority of people who would attend such a rally will not be turning up with a view to getting shot. Once the first few are shot, or even warning shots are fired, there would be mass panic, probably resulting in a stampede of people in the opposite direction. More people would die in the panic than the shooting.

The organisers of the rally would be publically condemned, they would rant about their rights as US citizens, the government would state that they had the legal right to respond as they did, and it would all be forgotten about in 2 months.

Result -
20+ dead people
No further information gathered about area 51
Lots of rhetoric about civil rights and freedom of information.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by PaddyInf]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
yeah they would lay waste to you and your comrades

i'm sorry but from the outside i don't think your government gives a damn about you or 50,000 others looking for the truth.
they seem to care more about oil, having the biggest bomb, the fastest train plane and automobiles and the having the deepest pockets.
Not to mention having a say in everything that happens in the world that doesn't affect them.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Lol, go for it.. but like mentioned above they'll end up using lethal force anyway so you might aswell get 100,000 fully ARMED Americans to storm the place

[edit on 4-2-2006 by shire19]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have to admit it's a crazy idea ..

But about the 'people getting shot part' .. Kevlar can do miracles ?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Groggy]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This thread pops up every few months.

Yes, they would shoot you. The guns are not purely decorative.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hmmm..... Kevlar vs miniguns and Barret rifles. I'm thinking the guns are gonna win. Personally, I think one pass with an A-10 will put a stop to things.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
Seriously... what is the government going to do? Shoot 100,000 americans on live TV?

You'll probably find the US government have some of the best minds in the world working behind its closed doors; I think they'd easily hack all the live TV broadcasts and stop them, before using "required force" on the event.

Besides, I very much a doubt that it would even esculate as far as a "walking up to the front door" as you so casually put it
before the government put a stop to it.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
okay you bring more guns then they have or more people then they have bullets

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Its a heck of a long way from the perimetre gates to the actual base itself...

...for a start I suspect most Americans would be too damn lazy to haul their butt in the hot sun for that distance...there ain't no Starbucks or McDs on the way, and no shuttle-buses...

[edit on 4-2-2006 by alien]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i think you'd have better luck still if you took your 50,000 chums and walked into the whitehouse and took pushy bushy hostage.
then demand satisfation and closure before making him give you the back door key.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

okay you bring more people then they have bullets

I see you'd take the old Russian tactic!!

Anyway, count me in!

[edit on 4/2/06 by eternally_damaged]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Believe it or not, someone else came up with a similar idea, but less bold perhaps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the best idea is to accept the fact that Area 51 is a US military installation and to leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Groggy
I have to admit it's a crazy idea ..

But about the 'people getting shot part' .. Kevlar can do miracles ?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Groggy]

Kevlar don't work too well when ya get shot in the face

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They won't allow anyone into the base, its a classified area. That means that all the civil liberties in the world won't get into the base. And if you did manage to get past the gates, you would have to walk for about a mile to get to the hangers, and even then they will be just that hangers with airplanes in em. But before you get to the gate they will probably fire sound waves at you. If that does not stop you they will fire non-lethal rounds into the crowd, if that does not work they will call upon the aliens, and beam you all to a planet inhabitited by Big Insects.
So If you wish to do that, I will watching from the comfort of my couch, as you all get your butts handed to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
1. the minute you seriously started making plans for such a march, you would be visited by federal agents. There is no way to secretly arrange a meeting of that many people without raising quite a few red flags.

2. There isn't a kevlar jacket around that will stop a 50 cal bullet.
Most of the ones you can buy in the store won't stop rifle rounds at all (let alone a 20mm autocannon or chain gun round).

3. more people than bullets? How many rounds do you think a top secret military installation would have? two or three hundred? Do you think that they would really run out of ammo?, keep in mind that they are capable of airlifting millions of rounds in a short amount of time.

4. People have a bad habit of losing their focus when the head of the person next to them sorta vaporizes and splatters them with brain matter.

5. I doubt you could find 5 people who would seriously consider doing what you propose, let alone 50,000 (its one thing to be brave sitting at ones keyboard and say count me in, but to actually do it is another matter).

[edit on 4/2/06 by Skibum]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Heck they would just stop everyone with tear gas and helicopter rotor wash in the 120 degree desert heat. Game over....

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
6. wouldn't it just really suck if you actually succeeded, just to find out that the big secret they were guarding all this time was Col Sanders secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices?

[edit on 4/2/06 by Skibum]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
mmmmmm chicken.....

Shame on you, now you got me posting off topic one liners.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

...Yeah they have authority to shoot on sight, but they may
think twice if you invite ohhh let's say, 50,000 to 100,000
of your closest friends, maybe throw in a little live TV coverage...

I think it's a great idea. And everybody should wear
Masks that make them look like Willie Nelson or
Cher or the Dixie Chicks. No cammo dude is gonna
shoot Willie or Cher or the Dixies. We'd have the run
of the place. Do some fly fishing at Slater lake. Dine
on Lobster in the cafeteria. I'm not a pilot but I'm pretty
good at MS Flight Simulator. I could take everybody
up for rides in the U-2's and F-16's or whatever
they have parked there.

Just name the date.

Oh - Don't do it around Halloween. All the good masks
will be taken then. The only masks left will be the ones