It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we did it!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What is the possibilty that we killed god when Jesus died for 'our' sins?
Sounds crazy? you know it?

But if god created Jesus he may have put himself 'in' Jesus to see if he could sway humanities faith toward his ideology of choice?

But when all went awry and we nailed him to a big piece of wood he realised his mistake in creating mankind and abandoned us on this lonely rock.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Sounds crazy? you know it?

First define god, then we can assess what is possible regarding that definition.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
YOu posted"

"But if god created Jesus he may have put himself 'in' Jesus to see if he could sway humanities faith toward his ideology of choice? "

Dont bother defining God...this is a placebo of men of intellect to get you chasing your tail around in circles only to arrive at ....Man is God.

Choice is the same thing. Man is God.

What ever would possess one to think God is about Choice???? You know..you choose..?? Free will and all that??
I am curious about this??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not even up for debate. Not even up for a question.

He arose from the dead. Witnessed by many. Historical as well Biblical accounts. So how is it that he could have been killed? Not likely..at all.

I can assure you, through my own personal experience, God, is alive and well. Many others will attest to that.

Look at your world around you more. Listen more. Its the little things.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Not even up for debate. Not even up for a question.

He arose from the dead. Witnessed by many.

I wonder if this is the same "many" who failed to record all the dead people who were raised from the dead when Jesus died and wandered around Jerusalem "seen by many". - Matthew 27:50-53

Historical as well Biblical accounts.

The historical records come long after the purported facts. If a journalist known for reporting hearsay about fantastic events today wrote a single paragraph about Fnordians, and made an off hand statements about Fnord, the presumed founder who Fnordians claim performed magical acts during the great depression and then took off in an alien spaceship, would you conclude from this that Fnord not only existed, but really was magic and really took off in an alien spacecraft? Such evidence would not even be considered sufficient to prove the existence of Fnordians, let alone Fnord himself or the bizzare things attributed to him.

This is the analogous to what Josephus wrote about Jesus. It is the crappest possible crap evidence. Unlike wine, crap evidence does not improve over time.

I can assure you, through my own personal experience, God, is alive and well. Many others will attest to that.

Your experience demonstrates only that you have an experience, it does not demonstrate god is the source of that experience. Buddhists also claim such experience. Are their experiences evidence of reincarnation? Pagans report such an experience. Is that evidence that the earth has a spirit?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Couldn't have said it better myself, Lecter.

orangetom1999, belief in God is a placebo, and instead we should be realistic and realize we, ourselves, are gods?

Tell me, which of the following would you suspect as the placebo:

A man takes a pill and it causes his fingers to fall of

--or--

A man takes a pill and it causes his fingers to stay on

The point being, my faith in Christ has been changing me over the last several years. It's changing my goals, aspirations, and even music taste. In essence, it has caused the ego to become subservient to God's will. Your assertion that man is God would mean you're perfect just the way you are, and your "religion" just reaffirms your greatness.

So again, which would you suspect is the placebo?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For man, any man to think that he can understand the mind of GOD is the height of arrogance. Mankind has a very difficult time even understanding his own thought processes, conceptualization and psychology. For primitive talking monkeys to mentally masturbate on cosmology is all well and good but that doesn't change the fact that we're clueless. And all that masturbation has made us go blind; well maybe not blind but we still need glasses to see the BIG picture.

All we really have is FAITH and faith can be shaken by the right circumstances.

I see the placebo question slightly differently. Religion is the placebo and faith is the medicine.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am not God. The doctrine I know from Cover to Cover..is that God chooses those who are his. Chosen people dont choose...elected people dont elect..they are elected and not by themselves....Accepted people dont accept..they are accepted...By God ..made acceptable...not made by themselves..by their own intellect, wisdom , gnosis.
To do so yourself ...elect, choose,accept is the basis of Pagansim. You do ..you put the money in the box...you choose what you will. I will be like the most high.
This is a counterfit doctrine. Counterfit....and I know the name of the counterfitter!!! You should too.

Anything ...and I mean anything in these boards to get one away from this fact...and onto ......you choose.
You can see this over and over and over and over..ad nauseum in many of these posts of the highest to the lowest intellectual caliber..but they are all one fingerprint..the reasoning of men.
Watch the posts carefully ..watch and observe the fingerprint. Always questioning...asking...inserting..human reasoning...gnosis. Sophism...phariseeism...under the guise of reasoning.
Humanism is one of the forms under which this paganism survives...
Humans and human traits are the ultimate reality in the universe..and are the basis of all that is happening out here. All that can ever be explained is on this basis.
To the believer ...humans and human traits are not the ultimate reality in the universe. God is the ultimate reality in the universe...and knowlege of Him is through the Word. Not humans or human traits, reasoning..gnosis..sophism...phariseeism. We call this Faith.
I am not here to glorify my intellect and reason...I am here to give Glory to God. Once you know this ..go back and re read many of these posts.on boards like this one and others.
I am not against intellect and reason...there are places for this definitely. In this arena ...it is not the place for it in Believers.

To Believe...to be a Believer...

To BE...to exist..

leif...from olde english...to live...

To be living..not in ourselves. Not meaning strictly the pumper is pumping.

Once you know this...and Believe it ..go back again and read the posts on here and see who is a Believer and not. Then examine the source of what they believe and if it is of God or something else. It is that simple...exactly that simple.
There is no reason to complicate it or confuse it with myriads of man made questions. Always questions...JJ..never Faith...it is that simple.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

All we really have is FAITH and faith can be shaken by the right circumstances.

Dont use the term we..as your faith, and my faith are shaped by different events. Faith is not the only factor in my life.

Your experience demonstrates only that you have an experience, it does not demonstrate god is the source of that experience.

Your words indicate that you have no idea what im talking about. What is your life, without a series of experiences? Your life is shaped by experience. My believe in God,,,whatever I may percieve that embodiement to be, has been bolstered by a series of very major events which has taken me some time to absorb. Would you even know if God inteacted in your life?

I see the placebo question slightly differently. Religion is the placebo and faith is the medicine.

I ask you this..Religion is a Placebo for what exactly?
Im sorry..was Jesuses message a little too simple for you?
" Love one another as I have loved you "? Since when is love a Placebo?

It is for no man, to judge another mans faith. It is for no man, to pass judgement on another man in terms of his rights as a man which he or she is born into.

Peace

[edit on 15-2-2006 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 15-2-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Your experience demonstrates only that you have an experience, it does not demonstrate god is the source of that experience.

Your words indicate that you have no idea what im talking about. What is your life, without a series of experiences? Your life is shaped by experience. My believe in God,,,whatever I may percieve that embodiement to be, has been bolstered by a series of very major events which has taken me some time to absorb.

Why is it not possible that the source of these experiences is natural?

Would you even know if God inteacted in your life?

As best I can tell, all my perceptions and senses are natural in both operation and function. Since I have no supernatural perceptions, the supernatural must interact with me in the natural domain or I can not perceive it. But if the supernatural is acting in the natural domain, that is indistinguishable from the natural acting in the natural domain.

So no, without supernatural perception of some kind, I could not know god was interacting in my life.

It is for no man, to pass judgement on another man in terms of his rights as a man which he or she is born into.

I can't help but notice that this sounds like a judgement on the rights of other to judge others.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Christ rising from the Dead was the embodiment of " Death has no hold on you"

He is recorded as having visited many people after his death, and not just stuff you read in the Bible..

Here is a list of some of his appearances..including some leaders in India..

Jesus appears, fully materialised, to Zachus and Cleophas as they journey to Emmaus, but they know him not. He tells them many things about Christ. He eats the evening meal with them, and reveals himself to them. They go to Jerusalem and tell the news.

Jesus appears, fully materialised to the ten apostles in Simon's house, and to Lazarus and his sisters.

Jesus appears, fully materialised, to the eastern sages in the palace of Prince Ravanna in India. To the magian priests in Persia. The three wise men speak in praise of the personality of the Nazarene.

RAVANNA, prince of India, gave a feast. His palace in Orissa was the place where men of thought from all the farther East were wont to meet. 2 Ravanna was the prince with whom child Jesus went to India many years ago. 3 The feast was made in honour of the wise men of the East. 4 Among the guests were Meng-ste, Vidyapati and Lamaas. 5 The wise men sat about the table talking of the needs of India and the world. 6 The door unot the banquet hall was in the east; a vacant chair was at the table to the east. 7 And as the wise men talked a stranger entered, unannouced, and raising up his hands in benediction said, All hail! 8 A halo rested on his head, and light, unlike the light of sun, filled all the room. 9 The wise men rose and bowed their heads and said, All hail! 10 and Jesus sat down in the vacant chair; and then the wise men knew it was the Hebrew prophet who had come.

Jesus appears, fully materialised, to his mother, Miriam, Mary of Magdala and to Peter, James and John.

Whether we choose to believe the event and its account or not is an environment created by man lying and misleading each other.

A world founded on truth, finds a society living in truth. A society living in truth sees equality peace and love for all.

If we lived in truth, Christ would not have been Crucified.

Christ is the Manifest of Gods love.

You cant kill love.

Christ cannot Die.

Peace

[edit on 15-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

100% chance that that is what happened. God is the only one who is without sin, so since the sacrifice had to be perfect, He was the only perfect sacrifice available.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sacrifice was a commone practice amongst the Jews at that time. They would heap their sins upon a man, and cast him out of the city as a form of cleansing.

They would also perform animal sacrifices.

Hence the concept of Christ taking care of all our sins as depicted in a jewish theme of removing sins.

However, another version of the Gospel indicates that Christ came to show that Death had no hold on us. That we all have Christ within us.

Either way, Christ Conquered death for us and demonstrated that through his prediction and actions.

Your question is answered simply by the ressurection. By a prepoderance of scripture, its evident on multiple accounts that he lived.

If you want to burn all the books, and deny eye witness accounts, then Id say your possibility had a chance. Since there is a 100% chance of that not happening, the theory of 100% death is not likely, but conceivable.

Yes..its concievalbe. To know he was the son of the Almighty God makes it impossible. How does one take immortality out of his own son?

Can you remove your mothers side of your genetics and have only your fathers?

I should say not. Christ had immortality in him. And he came here to tell us we did too.

With mankind, what is impossible, is possible with The Lord God.

Recall Jesus raising many people from the dead.

Isnt that clear, that he had a connection with life?

I am the resurrection, and the life, he who belives in me will live a new life.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

But when all went awry and we nailed him to a big piece of wood he realised his mistake in creating mankind and abandoned us on this lonely rock.

I guess we'd all be screwed then.

Wouldn't god've known that we'd do it?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter

ROFLMAO!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
When Christ was nailed to the Cross,

and he rose from the dead, the example through his actions shows that one of the Gospels may stand correct in that Christ came to show that Death has no hold on us.

That indeed we do live, in which case John 3:16 fits.

God sends his son to show us that there is more to life then meets the eye.
He raised people from the dead.
And he rose from the dead.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
is god really ever defined as alive?

a being so radically different from humanity may exist in a state that we cannot comprehend, so i doubt that we could actually "kill" it

then again, this is an atheist's view on the issue

[edit on 11/16/06 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
In the beginning there was the Word.
The Word in the beginning was Time.
Time began, and the Word was begun.
There never was a Time when the Word Was not,
Nor will there ever be a Time when the Word will not be.
The Word is.

Everything that you see around you is the Word of God made Manifest.

We Did it?

Christ said that he was going where we will see him not. He also said this...

Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt[a] in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 10in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned

He said he is going to the Father where we can see him no longer..

If we read his words, and we understand and as he Commanded, then he lives seen or unseen.

If anything..we did Wrong.

Peace

[edit on 19-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
God is fine - he just sent me an e-mail. Up late, no doubt, but he's like that.

Anyway - how could God die? He knows he's immortal - it is convincing us that is where we're hung up at.

And he was not with Jesus on the cross - why would Jesus say, 'Eli Eli why hast thou forsaken me' if Eli had been in Jesus? And Jesus isn't dead, either, today. All three are alive (Eli, Moses, Jesus) and well in the US of A and abroad this very moment.

'Comet McNaught' would better have been labeled 'The Fiery Chariot' because that is what it was. Elijah's 2007 Dyna Wide-Glide!

new topics

top topics

join