It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

forget UFOs, read up on USOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are tons of USO accounts, some more famous than others.

Colares , Brazil comes to my mind.

Here is a USO account I just read this morning while looking at sightings in Wales for another thread.

Matthew from Penmachno

I have seen a UFO over the Orme once. I was on a boat out in the sea just off it when the engine stopped. There was a failing light because it was morning, and an extremely large UFO flew from over the sea, not at high speed, slowly, and not a light, this was like an actual ship, except it had windows beneath it and above it, and the scale of it was massive. It was bigger than the Orme itself, and it stopped by the Orme for a few seconds and seemed to gently fall on the water. Then it slowly phased out until it was semi-transparent, eg you could see the outline but it was very camouflage, you could see through it. Then the outline sank into the Orme, and the engine started again. My crew were astonished.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cammodude51
one of the first uso sightiings was when colombus first got to america, it shot out of the water right in front of them! with lights and everything!

Are you sure about this? I've never heard of it before. However I remembered reading/hearing some other stuff about "strange lights" and found some info:

"Christopher Columbus wrote in his diary about this sea. In fact, it so fooled his crew that it almost led them to mutiny. There exists the possibility exists of never leaving this legendary sea, he wrote. Another fascinating feature he noted is its ability to draw things in from all over the Atlantic. Some even claim it to be the "catch-basin" of the Atlantic.

Columbus' crew was greatly disappointed when seaweed and land birds were sighted, but after a few days no land was to be seen. Soon after, Columbus wrote, My compass acts strangely. I will not report this to my crew because of their deep superstitions about the area. Days later, Columbus saw a large meteor fall from the sky. He wrote, A large ball of light has fallen from the sky. It is unsure whether he mentions this occurrence in awe, because of its great size, or in fright. Later on their journey, in that area, Columbus and several of his crew members sighted unexplained dancing lights on the horizon. They wandered around for over a week before finally sighting land."

Link here

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Astonishment would be the least of my reactions, try sheer stark raving terror. Either that, or I would be so flabbergasted as to be useless for a long while.

I suppose it is unlikely that we will find out the truth about USO's anytime soon. But who knows what new nuggets of information may be discovered.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Don't wait around for nuggets , you have to find them.

Here is one. This is a really interesting article by Paul Stonehill about Soviet-era USO sightings.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ive heard of USO's in the late 70's early 80's and over all ive been doing research on Ufo's in general for about - a very liong time -.

So yes i am confident as are many other people , that they are not of earth origin. And to this day i havent heard or read any Ufo'olgy reports that say
Uso's are of earth origin.... the only places ive seen this hypothesis come up are on a few web sites..does that mean I/we are right ?. no of course not . but doing combined research and study and using common sense dictate that we are probally right and the idea of USO's coming from/originating on earth are slim at best .

as for USO's in mythology - yes of course . Christopher Columbus wrote in his ships Logs/Diary that he and his crew saw strange lights coming and going into the ocean..and he is just 1 of many accounts from that time period that wrote of such things .

As for other types of Myths that go back in time , i agree USO's could be a source for all types of mths.

one myth that is interesting is - Atlantis was very big Island ? , inhabited by aliens , and that atlantis didnt sink into the Ocean because of Volcanoes
and such .
But that it sank because of the Aliens that wer on that large island wer at war with another species of alien that destroyed them .

Interesting i would say - but to take that a little farther.
That the Aliens that wer on the Island/Atlantis wer using humans as slaves. Hence we have pyramids in Eygpt and South america and of course other places in the world .

wich coincides with other interesting ideas - that in India there was a Alien war , wich is why there is a desert there that is totally glassed over - wich could only have been done by Nukes / High energy weps ?.

if your serious about Ufo research , you really have to study alot of different subjects
History , Science , physics , Archeology . palentology , Mythology and the list goes on ... when it comes to Ufo research you have to be a jack of subjects , so to speak . otherwise you can easliy be lead down the wrong path by people who dont know jack , and alot of these people prey on others by saying by my book .

i say go to the library or the internet and do the research .

i could go on and on - but i dont want to hog the whole web page .

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I find my nuggets where I can. This is an interesting topic, no doubt. USO's have been seen for centuries, reports dating back to remotest mythology, perhaps Jonah was actually hitchhiking
. All stories and legends have a basis in fact.

Just keep sharing yours, and I'll share mine when I find some.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just to clarify, John Wyndham's "The Kraken Awakes" was published in 1953.

Contrary to the title, it is about an alien intelligence that makes the ocean it's home. It has nothing to do with sea monsters. Among other tactics, the aliens attempt to alter the earth's climate.

I think older science fiction, particularly from the turn of the century through the 50's quite often looks prophetic in hindsight. Many of the authors would have been witness to strange things during the WW1 and 2. In general, the emphasis was on how we react to contact and new technology. Consequently, many of those stories are still relevant today.

A good work of fiction contains more than a little truth.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Have you seen this video? This explains a theory about USOs and there movement.

USOs

top topics

<< 1   >>

join