It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

forget UFOs, read up on USOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i just watched "UFO files" on the history channel but it wasn't the run of the mill UFO episode...

the show talked about something completly alien to me (excuse the pun)...

it exposed information about unidentified submarine (or submerged) objects, or USOs...

a quick wiki search brought me here...

enjoy reading up...

[edit on 3-2-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There have been many documented cases of UFO's entering the water and not making a splash or sound when doing so. Some guests of the Navy higher ups and such watched several of these demonstrations (staged) in the 1960's. Staged by whom? I do not know. I heard that information in a speech some 25 years ago when I went to a church in Anaheim, California, USA to see a UFO seminar. Just my two cents,

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah I love this topic.

A great book is Invisible Residents by Ivan T. Sanderson. Which was originally printed in the sixties but I still think is probably the best book out there on the subject if you can find a copy.

Seems to be an updated version with david childress, but (no offense to dave) if you can find an older original copy grab it.

They have both onwww.amazon.com...=br_ss_hs/104-5804975-4705552?search-alias=aps&keywords=Invisible%20Residents amazon:

Spiderj

[edit on 2/3/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for book tip Spiderj!! I just now bought a very good condition original 1970 hardback edition off Ebay for $5.99!! It should make for excellent reading. By the way there are quite a few more auctions for this book.

---warpfactor9

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If they could travel in outer space it only seems to reason they could handle the ocean too. It's not like they are limited to jet propulsion. They of course have tough skins on them to handle the vacuum and hyper sonic debris of space.

I think I read or seen on TV about a USO off the coast of Nova Scotia Canada, some years ago, but I'm foggy the details.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
cool warpfactor, always happy to point someone in the direction of a good book. And 5.95 for hardback sounds like a good deal.

I love the evil corporate behemoth that is amazon.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
maybe that is were atlantis is...whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...so much of the sea is unidentified, it oculd be that there is also a alien civilization just like in the movie abyss... or that the aliens are observing us and just built bases in the ocean liek they made in dulce and mountains and other stuff...who knows there could be a invisible mother ship in our atmospher used as a base.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I saw that show yesterday also. I never heard of USO's until then. And they seem alot more creepy knowing they are underwater.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Has anyone read John Wyndham's "The Kraken Awakes"? In America, it was pulished as "Out of the Deeps". A couple witness red lights disappear into the ocean. You can guess what comes next. It's a broad, sweeping story that takes place over time. Importantly, direct contact is never made. It's highly regarded and one of my favorite books on the subject.

I had hoped that the NBC's "Surface" might be drawing some parallel. Still possible although the series seems to have veered off into some genetic Noah's ark parable with the last episode. That's fine as well but "Out of the Deeps" deserves a film/miniseries. Perhaps scifi channel will become interested? Don't you think someone there reads these boards?

John Wyndham's other work is worth reading too, particularly "ReBirth", originally published as "The Chrysalids" in the U.K. I thought THAT sould have made it to film production by now. M. Night Shyalaman's "The Village" would have made a good start.

His most famous book was "Day of the Triffids" which WAS made into a great film, 1960's "Village of the Damned". The opening sequence still gives me chills.

Try a google search for yourself.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by blue grass]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
one of the first uso sightiings was when colombus first got to america, it shot out of the water right in front of them! with lights and everything!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat are you serious. I wonder what they thought of it back then, do you have any proof of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
well i saw something in historical documents about strange lights that came out of the water, like a shooting star! so what else could it be??

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well given my own experiance, related elsewhere on this site. I have to say that it certainly warrents further exploration, and consideration.

The worlds oceans are so vast and largely unexplored that almost anything could be hiding there. Aliens from another world, I must admit to being somewhat sceptical, but who knows.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If you give it a further thought, who says they come from another world? It's a known fact by now that life started in the oceans, many millions of years ago. How long do we walk around here, about 75000 years or so? Why cant there be another form of extremely intelligent life that evolved on earth hundred thousends (or maybe even millions) of years ago?

These are a lot of questions in one subparagraph, but questions are all I have on this. Its been something I've been breaking my head over for many years, and its nice to see something that might kinda confirm this thought as a possibility. Who knows. It wouldn't be the first time that I hear the idea of 'aliens' being originated from earth itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk
If you give it a further thought, who says they come from another world? It's a known fact by now that life started in the oceans, many millions of years ago. How long do we walk around here, about 75000 years or so? Why cant there be another form of extremely intelligent life that evolved on earth hundred thousends (or maybe even millions) of years ago?

These are a lot of questions in one subparagraph, but questions are all I have on this. Its been something I've been breaking my head over for many years, and its nice to see something that might kinda confirm this thought as a possibility. Who knows. It wouldn't be the first time that I hear the idea of 'aliens' being originated from earth itself.

I think your misinformed - Uso's are not about aliens that come from earth and live in the ocean .
USO's are about aliens that come from space and have bases in the Oceans
on earth .
USO are often seen coming from the ocean and flying away into space ?.
But the oppisite is true also - they have been flying around in the air and then going into the water and traveling in and under the water at great speeds .

But i have yet to hear or see anyone say , that the USO's originate on earth
and are of earth origin.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That is a valid point that I overlooked. Given that there are intelligent creatures living in the oceans as we speak.

That leads to interesting interpretations of mythological accounts in other ancient cultures around the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
seagull , whats a vaid point ??. can you elaborate on that ?.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk

I think your misinformed - Uso's are not about aliens that come from earth and live in the ocean .
USO's are about aliens that come from space and have bases in the Oceans
on earth .
USO are often seen coming from the ocean and flying away into space ?.
But the oppisite is true also - they have been flying around in the air and then going into the water and traveling in and under the water at great speeds .

But i have yet to hear or see anyone say , that the USO's originate on earth
and are of earth origin.

Hey Briggs, I don't considder myself to be misinformed, but rather uninformed
. This is actually the first time I hear about uso's, so I was just trying to compare it with something that has been a little longer on my mind, namely, extremely intelligent life in the vast oceans of the world.

You yourself seem to be rather sure about what they are, I only wonder how you can be so sure about something that is still a big mystery to the rest of us. I don't mean no offence in this, don't take me wrong, but when I feel uncertain about something, I start asking questions, and I pretty much find my question relevant to the topic.

I'm not saying I am right on this, absolutely not, but its more a why not statement. I mean, lets say pure hypothetical, that they originated on earth and started migrating into space a few hundred thousend years ago. With us not being that long on this planet, how can we tell if they come from outer space or the inner oceans, when they may be traveling between them for so long.

Anyway, this is just a thought on this matter, and like Seagull said, "That leads to interesting interpretations of mythological accounts in other ancient cultures around the world."

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry. You are right I should have elaborated. If USO's are indeed intelligent life, they do not nesseccarily need to have originated on another planet. If so this could explain various mythologies of teacher originating from the ocean.

I was merely agreeing with you.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I'm sorry. You are right I should have elaborated. If USO's are indeed intelligent life, they do not nesseccarily need to have originated on another planet. If so this could explain various mythologies of teacher originating from the ocean.

I was merely agreeing with you.

yep, and I with you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join