It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be an outright war between the West and Islam!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay, now I know the initial thought is, IT HAS ALREADY STARTED. But I'm talking about an allout, street to street, military to military, neighbor to neighbor fight to the death. I think that for the West to really get what it is so trasnparent that they want, Islam has to go, because they are in such a prinitive belief structure, it will not allow compromise. What does ATS think

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think it can happen.
It already happened in Yugoslavia and the rest of Europe is not immune to the same feelings of nationalism and fanaticism.

I think it will result in the Balkanization of some European countries when it finally does happen.

There will probable be some areas of Europe that will become independent or autonomous muslim states. They are already 10% of the population in some European countries and they are well over half the population within certain regions of those countries.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think it is important that you keep in mind that the current war, nor do I believe any future outbreaks of war, are against Islam, but rather against the ideals and actions of radical Islam. The fundamental beliefs of the two religons are vastly different and are too lengthy to be explained in detail here. However to fully understand what this war is about, it is important to understand the beliefs of those who oppose you. I suggest this article: Islam

Especially 2.1: The Six Articles or Pillars of Islam and 2.2: The tenets of Islam.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The KKK were Christian freaks trying to rule the world for whites and God and they were eventually so stigmatized they are now a joke. A bad joke but a joke non-the-less.

This will eventually happen to the extremists of islam.

You see, Islam is not the enemy. Religion in general is not the enemy. (Being a spiritual anarchist i am shocked that I actually said that)

Extremism is the enemy. Most Muslims don't want to strap on bombs and blow up the infidels. Only the extremists want that.

Just as the extremist KKK Christians were eventually sent off to the fringe lunatic area, the extremist Muslims will eventually be sent there as well.

In todays society extremist christainity is a joke. Extemist Islam will eventually become the same.

We just have a tough road to get there.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yes the war has already started, I believe just like Ace that is going on in many countries in Europe.

In the US are communities that are so much muslin majority that they pretty much can dominate the opinions of the population and be rule by their own believes.

You have to understand that our president publicly has declare a war on Islam, the war on terror is a war against muslin and Islam.

That the difference is made with only the war against "Radical Islam" makes no differences, Islam is Islam and muslin are muslin not matter if they are "Radical" or not.

Many people doesn't care a bit if is a different of the two when it comes with propagation of hatred.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The KKK were Christian freaks trying to rule the world for whites and God and they were eventually so stigmatized they are now a joke. A bad joke but a joke non-the-less.

This will eventually happen to the extremists of islam.

You see, Islam is not the enemy. Religion in general is not the enemy. (Being a spiritual anarchist i am shocked that I actually said that)

Extremism is the enemy. Most Muslims don't want to strap on bombs and blow up the infidels. Only the extremists want that.

Just as the extremist KKK Christians were eventually sent off to the fringe lunatic area, the extremist Muslims will eventually be sent there as well.

In todays society extremist christainity is a joke. Extemist Islam will eventually become the same.

We just have a tough road to get there.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

I generally agree with your thoughts, but don't you think the fundamentals of obedience differ by comparison. Pressumably causing harsher reprocussion?

I also think that there are more neo-islamics than KKK of the past, I could be wrong.

I do although think that it it turns into an urban jungle fight, things could get ugly, very fast. AAC

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I think it is important that you keep in mind that the current war, nor do I believe any future outbreaks of war, are against Islam, but rather against the ideals and actions of radical Islam. The fundamental beliefs of the two religons are vastly different and are too lengthy to be explained in detail here. However to fully understand what this war is about, it is important to understand the beliefs of those who oppose you. I suggest this article: Islam

Especially 2.1: The Six Articles or Pillars of Islam and 2.2: The tenets of Islam.

Radical (militant, fundamentalist, etc) Islam is a response to a threat, exists because of that threat. The Israeli occupation of Palestine, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Russian repression in Chechnya, etc, etc.
The Islamic world clashes with the Western world when the west invades, interferes, intervenes, or thereby acts in any untoward manner in the affairs of Islamic states.

new topics

top topics

join