It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22A vs F-117

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The F-117 was more of a "learning program". They incorporated all the things they learned from the Nighthawk into the F-22, and the B-2. Any "shelving" of the program was strictly by the Fighter Mafia to get more F-22s into inventory.

"If it ain't a Fighter, it ain't ****" is their mentality.

Cool off Zaphod58,

As you said, the F-117 was a learning program. Technology has come a long was since then. The Nighthalk is from the years when stealth technology was in it's infancy. Faciting is concidered obsolete because of all of the structural and aerodynamic limits it imposes on the airframe.

I will give you a point on some of the other stuff you said. The Fighter Mafia is destroying the military with their ignorant:

"If it ain't a Fighter, it ain't ****" Mentality

These idiots forget, that fighters can't win wars on their own. They cut the B-2 program to 21 aircraft, MORONS, the B-2 was origionally supposed to be the B-52's replacement. They Axed the F-111/FB-111, which by the way was younger then the B-52. They Killed the AX program before it was really born. We lost the A-6, which was supposed to be upgraded. They're trying to kill everything else that might take a penny from their precious fighter projects.

As an air force general once said "Flying fighters is fun, but Bombers are Important!"

The fighter community is doing what they do best: Proving Mark Twain right! Boy, now I see the true wisdom in this famous Mark Twain Quote:

Never Argue with an Idiot, He'll take you down to his leve and beat you with Experince!

Maybe one day we'll learn this lesson!

Tim

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chicken on a Stick
They ran an article in the base paper here in Germany that said they were going to cut half the B52 fleet, the whole F117 and U2 fleet in order to divert funds to purchase four more F22s.

I have many friends who are maintainers. They do not stop complaining on how much the C-5s break down. It is kind of a running joke in the AF if you ever fly on a C-5, expect to stay awhile wherever you land while they fix the plane. They break ALL the time. I prefer the C-17. I have ridden in both of them many times, and the 17 in my eyes is a way better aircraft.

www.military.com...

im suprised by C-5's bad maintenance reputation... is it because it is an old plane ? if i recall the F14 also get a bad marks in maintenance..

as for F117, as i understand their long maintenance was caused by the continuous peeling and appliance of stealh coating (the USAF tech have to peel off stealth coating to open panels on the aircraft, then re-apply it again before take off)..

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Chicken on a Stick]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join