It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IEDs & Bomb Materials Seized in Texas Raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I know the the Southern border is going to get worse, yeah, but I never thought IEDs for some reason. Just never entered my mind.

Not good.

If this is up already, apologies. I did look for existing threads.

IEDs & Bomb Materials Seized in Texas Raids

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Nothing about this is showing up anywhere else in the news media that I can find. Are you sure that this is a reputable news source?

[edit on 2006/2/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I read it earlier on another news portal, but I'll have to go find it again. The weapons alledgedly belonged to Mexican gangsters, for use against a rival gang. That was according to the story I read earlier. I'll go see what I can find.

Edit: Here it is - CNN 7 Hours Ago

[edit on 3-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

GradyPhilpott
Nothing about this is showing up anywhere else in the news media that I can find. Are you sure that this is a reputable news source?

The site is not 100 % reputable no, but he tries.

The story however appears accurate.

IED's Among Weapons Seized in Laredo Raids
Border crackdown nets key arrests, seizures
Texas deputy warns of terror threats on U.S.-Mexican border
Google News
More google news

Its not as bad as it sounds. They only found:

two completed bombs, material for 33 more, 300 primers, 3,880 rounds of ammunition, 5 grenade shells, 9 pipes with end caps, 26 grenade triggers, 31 grenade spoons, 40 grenade pins, 19 black powder casings, 91 firearm magazines, 4 silencers, 6 kits to assemble fully automatic weapons, 20 assembled firearms including AK-47s and AR-15s, two Uzi assault weapons, two bulletproof vests, sniper scopes, police scanners and pinhole cameras, along with other pistols and rifles. Also found was coc aine, methamphetamine, 400 pounds of marijuana and $5,000 in cash.
Border task force seizes weapons cache in Texas

Those crazy potheads eh?
Nothing to see here, no need for the major news services to run this news. Move along now.

Much of the violence in Nuevo Laredo has been attributed by U.S. and Mexican authorities to a renegade band of Mexican military deserters known as the Zetas, who were trained in the U.S. as an elite force of anti-drug commandos. About 200 strong, they have since signed on as mercenaries for Mexican drug traffickers.

What a world!

[edit on 2/4/06 by makeitso]

top topics

join