It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal Justice...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So I'm just thinking maybe Criminal Justice in school should be steped up a bit. If a person takes a sem. of this class and you don't know what statutory rape is...I had a 30 min. debate that even if the sex is consental if the person is a minor and the persons its with is 5 years older (in my state) than you its statutory rape. Doesn't even matter if your parent(s) take them to court the state will (in my state).
So If you can find some where i can get the statutory rape laws for the past year it would be great...also i just want to catch her in a lye...yea get over the grammer and spelling im dislexic...although the grammers most likely on my ignorance.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In the North Carolina, if the minor is 13-14-15, the perp has to be 6 years their senior to be prosecuted by the state. source

Just pointing that out, hoping you see this prior to the next encounter with your her

Good luck!

[edit: to add and clarify]

same source

§14-27.70A(a)
*(a) A defendant is guilty of a Class B1 felony if the defendant engages in ... or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is at least six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person.

§14-27.70A(b)
*(b) A defendant is guilty of a Class C felony if the defendant engages in ... or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is more than four but less than six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person. (1995, c. 281, s. 1.)

I had missed the second classification.

On an aside, take note of the last sentence in both ... :shk:

[edit on 2/3/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ah yes details thank you

that makes me happy

join