It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   

The man tipped to be the first black pope has set out his credentials as the Vatican continues to prepare the public for the death of Pope John Paul II.

full story is here.

African touted as Pope's successor

This would indeed be history making if it happens.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Speculations that it might be a south american or austrian can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
that's interesting........but.....

that would be a expected 'politically correct' direction...

a equally 'shocking' turn could be - - -> Choosing

a person, to UNITE the Roman-western church....

with the (Greek & Russian) eastern-Orthodox church...
~~~

constantinople-rome unified at end-times!?
(istanbul-rome axis?)......next-to-last-pope; olivebranch
++++++

creative minds...want to know.....
thanks mbs

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Remember though, there will be many candidates for the Papacy but as you know from the Catholic faith when the Cardinals get together the Holy Spirit will guide their votes for who God wants to be Pope. I trust God will make the right decision.

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh, Great...

..As if the Nigerian Scandal hasn't already been making the rounds so often on the internet anyway...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If they made him the Pope that would be really cool. It would interesting to see if there was any ripple in the Church. I suspect nothing as serious as a break off would occur.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The idea that the next pope will be black has probably to do with Malachi's prophecy about the future popes.

Pope John Paul was called "From the Labour of the Sun" and was the 110th pope in the row. There was a solar eclipse when he was born, he has used most of his time as pope traveling around the world, kissing the ground everywhere he has been, just like the Sun does it's labour. He was also the first pope to state that the Earth revolves around the Sun, thereby redrawing the curse the Church had cast upon his countryman Copernicus and his fellows who dared to say that the Sun was the center of our solar system.

The pope to success this pope and who will be the next pope Malachi calls "From the Glory of the Olive� and he will be the 111th pope in Malachi's list. The second to the last pope. The Benedictine order are often called the Olivetans, and they have long claimed that this pope will be from their order. Others mean he simply will aquire the name of Benedict XVI and be a man of peace. Saint Benedict the Black was black and some people think that the next pope will be like him. Black.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I had some clients in a certian diocese, I was talking a leader about the religon with and he said the next pope may be black, he sounded quite sure. This was two years ago.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Actually, I couldn't care less what color the next Pope will be...He could be purple with pink polka dots for all I care.

The *big* question is whether or not he'll be a good, honorable man with a good heart & true compassion for the whole human race?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is the pope after this one meant to have something to do with the antichrist and what different prophercies have been made about this one.?????

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A good choice for pope no doubt.

But there would be others too, what about someone from the America's where there are many Catholics now?

The rumour mills will be working overtime now.

Any predictions on how much longer John Paul will be with us?

I'm guessing within a month if he is as bad as the article says he is but this guy is plucky and keeps finding a way to come back.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well as a catholic i would say a good choice - its time the world had a black pope - after all the worlds population has had its fair share of white popes and maybe africa should be represented - and after that China - after all they have the largest Catholic population.

Thinking back in history what have any whitee popes done for us - maybe a new pope with new ideas would help.

just my 2c

new topics

top topics

join