It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian 'Artifact'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've been looking at an image from Goddard Space Flight Center for a few days now, image link here and here.

I can't shake the impression that this is some kind of technological artifact or biological form.

There are natural geological processes that could concievably form such a stone. But it bears an uncanny resemblance to a tooth in matrix from an animal jawbone, or- to my eyes as a maker of stone age replica tools- a hafted handaxe. It even evokes the image of a broken machine tool cutter.

Opinion? Natural or artificial? Satellite debris? Exoarchaeological artifact? Remains of a failed Von Neumann probe? Or just a hunk of Martian conglomerate?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Chakotay]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It sure does look out of place in the Martian landscape, doesn't it?

I am not sure what to think of it other than the fact that the officials will continue to tell us that it is nothing but an ordinary martian rock.

Someday we have to get and tired of "nothing to see here folks" and do something about it....but what?

Hmmmmm....

- One Man Short

[edit on 3-2-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Its photoshopped. Ive seen that exact same photo im sure of it, That was not there. But hey i guess i could be wrong

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Actually it has not been photoshopped, here is the link to the actual government ( NASA ) site that first released the photo.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

- One Man Short

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sorry, I see that the first link provided in this thread is to the same site.

NASA is not in the habit of PS'ing photos to create controversay.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I saw that on another thread on ATS a few days ago. It's a real unedited pic from NASA. That rock does look quite strange, though, but I'm quite certain nothing is living on Mars, at least nothing that could have created some kind of non-natural object like that. I could see there being micro-organisms or maybe even something a little bit bigger, but if there was anything else, we'd have found it by now with our probes that have visited Mars.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join