It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAYAN Calender Prediction & Prophecy: Real? Check this out and tell me what YOU think...!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I found this a while back online. I copied it and kept it. I was recently cleaning out my 'files' and re-found it. Does anyone have additional information on this topic or comments about this subject?

I KEEP hearing about 2012....
Some say Jan. 1 2012, some say 12,21,2012.
And so on.
I know there is math behind these calculations, but how muchis actual prediction calculation results and how much is interpetation???

Here is the information:

Mayan Calendar Information

The End of the Mayan Calendar is scheduled for December 21, 2012 (give or take a year). The possibilities of what this “end” might mean is an increasingly hot topic on the Internet, in conferences, printed articles, and in discussions all over the globe. This is because it just might be an incredibly important moment in history -- e.g., the end of history!
Calendars, in general, do not end [1]. The whole purpose of developing and/or keeping a calendar is to predict future events based upon the cyclical nature of the world --

visit source for full article

[edited copy-paste]

[edit on 5-2-2006 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What do I think? Politicians are always babies

Digressive.

Good post though, but I have to say that 12/12/12 will most likely be just another day. We've had these "12/12/12" days before... surely, the Mayans could've quit because they didn't want to continue. It's like us now, we don't make callendars for 2010, in 2006.

My opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
First and foremost:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's real in the sense that the end of a Mayan great cycle will commence on 12/21/12. All else is speculation. I believe the calendar was based on celestial events so look to the stars for answers.

join