It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Souljah
You have to bear in mind that ANY kind of Pictures of the Prophet are strictly Forbidden at all times.

Perhaps it is forbidden under the religion of Islam to depict pictures or likenesses of Mohammad, but not everyone is required to follow the laws of Islam. They can forbid it within their religion or country, but they do not have the authority to forbid it for the entire world and enforce their religious beliefs across the entire world.

You have voted Benevolent Heretic for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have one more vote left for this month

You said it perfectly BH. It is unreasonable to expect the rest of the
world to bow to 6th century muslim law when it isn't muslim and when
it's better educated.

Those who are violently protesting are acting like a bunch
of 2 year olds who haven't gotten their own
way. I think they just want an excuse to cause problems.

Also - as I posted earlier ... these idiots are out running amuk
burning, stealing, threatening massive death and destruction
upon those who print political cartoons that they don't like ...
and yet they themselves print political/religious cartoons that
are offensive about Jews and 'infidels' all the time. HYPOCRISY!

www.tomgrossmedia.com...
www.littlegreenfootballs.com...

If we all thought like them, then we all should be rioting against
the Muslim world for THEIR political and religious cartoons.

[edit on 2/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
I'm not sure how you conclude that Islamic children are indoctrinated into this hatred when you have nay touted any factualy arguments ...

A WHOLE lotta' news articles in one place - This'll take you some
time to read through. PLENTY of info ...

www.mideastnewswire.com...

And then there's this rather famous interview -

www.kentimmerman.com...
www.jnewswire.com...

and these other links that will keep you busy for a few more days -
(there's more, but this should be enough 'factual arguements
to get the point across)

The indoctrination of Muslim children into hatred of a common enemy
www.aish.com...

New converts to Islam are isolated and indoctrinated to hate
www.frontpagemag.com...

American Saudi Schools: Home Grown Sleeper-Cells www.gopusa.com...

Muslim children in video, play make believe beheading ..
They are taugh to hate those who are non-Muslim,
and they grow up this way. ...
www.atsnn.com...

I grew up in Gaza, indoctrinated to hate Israel and the West.
... The indoctrination of Muslim children into hatred of a
common enemy was also used as a ...
www.holylandnetwork.com...

In a striking example of the way in which the new PA curriculum has
indoctrinated children, the children have assumed the exact combat
support roles they ...
www.pmw.org.il...

www.rachelstomb.org...
www.frontpagemag.com...
www.mcrcnet.org...

[edit on 2/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

And they are right. I Belive the US administration said the same regarding this Incident. And for a change, I agree with both of them.

Just who exactly from he US Administration said this? I just want to know who I’m addressing the letter too.
Also, the Vatican is a religious entity; as such I don’t put much value on what they say pertaining to my freedoms. Just look up the history of the Vatican and the Pope regarding people who did not conform to their ideology, its a real colorful one.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What an absolute and completely inappropriate list of tags that people added to this thread. The racism and inability to accept criticism of elements of a religion is astounding. So I added a racist close-minded tag of my own, just to balance things out. Enjoy.

(This reply and my tag are a hint to the mods to police the tags on this thread and make sure the tags are in fact appropriate and the tag moderaion is fair)

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Naturally politics plays a huge roll in warfare and it's expected to come up in these conversations, that's FINE what will NOT be tolerated are one liner snipes (as illustrated in the above captioned post), threads with no other purpose than to bait another member(s) into a flame war, or the VERY TIRED party arguments and Liberal versus Conservative GARBAGE.

This applies to tags, too!!! Let's keep tagging on topic....

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Now they have killed a roman catholic priest over the cartoons.

Train

Removed inappropriate material.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Now this interesting,

Hindu's burn the Koran, 27th May 2005

Now, I'm guessing that burning the Koran is a *bit* more of a hot potato that say...um...drawing a few cartoons of someone who did not exist/existed a long time ago.

Where were the marching and protests then? Or are militant islamic groups not bothered with India?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I’m disappointed to report more bad news from the ME regarding the radical Muslims; their idiocy knows no bounds.

Violence Spreads Over Muhammad Caricatures

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Thousands of Muslims rampaged Sunday in Beirut, setting fire to the Danish Embassy, burning Danish flags and lobbing stones at a Maronite Catholic church as violent protests spread over caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

Troops fired bullets into the air and used tear gas and water cannons to push the crowds back after a small group of Islamic extremists tried to break through the security barrier outside the embassy.

Demonstrators attacked policemen with stones and set fire to several fire engines, witnesses said. Black smoke was seen billowing from the area. Security officials said at least 18 people were injured, including policemen, fire fighters and protesters. Witnesses saw at least 10 people taken away by ambulance.

The Danish Foreign Ministry urged Danes to leave Lebanon as soon as possible as Danes and Norwegians heeded a similar call in neighboring Syria, where violent protests broke out on Saturday.

Protesters also took to the streets in Afghanistan, the West Bank, Iraq and New Zealand, a day after demonstrators in Syria charged security barriers outside the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Damascus and sent the buildings up in flames.

Those attacks earned widespread condemnation from European nations and the U.S., which accused the Syrian government of backing the protests.

More Idiocy from the Extremists

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Also, I just heard on Fox News that the protestors in Lebanon did not know which specific building was the Danish embassy so they set fire to each building on the block. Once they found the Danish embassy the geniuses proceeded to set fire to each floor of the embassy from the bottom up. Which of course due to their sheer stupidity they were eventually trapped on the top floor with no way out because they had set fire to all the below levels. Guess who helped them escape? The nice people of the embassy staff of course.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
But nothing suprises me anymore with them. They burn down their own country,

Train
mod edit to remove inflammatory remarks inappropriate for ATS. This is not Slug Fest.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That was about the most illuminating thing I've seen. Burn down your country to spite the rest of the world. Sheer unadulterated idiocy.

OOOOOH, did I say illuminating? I meant to say...ah nevermind. My sense of humour just broke. These guys would be pitiful, if they weren't so destructive.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Also, I just heard on Fox News that the protestors in Lebanon did not know which specific building was the Danish embassy so they set fire to each building on the block. Once they found the Danish embassy the geniuses proceeded to set fire to each floor of the embassy from the bottom up. Which of course due to their sheer stupidity they were eventually trapped on the top floor with no way out because they had set fire to all the below levels. Guess who helped them escape? The nice people of the embassy staff of course.

Sigh... what a bunch of numb-nuts. The embassy staff should've just left them be. Enough idiots polluting the gene-pool as it is...

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
(This reply and my tag are a hint to the mods to police the tags
on this thread and make sure the tags are in fact appropriate
and the tag moderaion is fair)

I complained to one of the super mods about some really dumb
tags I had seen. He said to use the 'gripe' button and report
each tag as we see it. WE are the tag police. Just 'gripe'
button the thread and tell about the dumb tag and the mods should
take care of the problem. (I've done this a few times)

Oh .. and I agree ... some of the tags on this thread are
(INHO)

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is to remind members that name-calling, political baiting, sniping and derogatory remarks do not belong on ATS.
Please read the following:
The End of Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS

For thoise of you posting on-topic, sorry for the interruption carry on with the topic of this thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Dont Tread On Me has continually warned and edited my posts because I call this situation like it is.

Actually you've been edited and warned because you consciously chose to flout the T&C of this site. I understand that certain members get more heated by certain topics, we've all been there, but you've been asked repeatedly to settle down a bit and express yourself in a more civilized manner, and you haven't. That's not DTOM's fault, it's yours.

Please direct further ire over properly issued warns to the Gripe/Idea feature, and NOT a public thread.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Back to the original question on this thread... In December, my girlfriend - who works as a liturgist - asked me to check with a Muslim coworker of mine the date of the Mecca pilgrimage. My girlfriend was planning to include in the Sunday mass liturgy a prayer for "our Muslim brothers and sisters as they embark on their pilgrimage to Mecca". When my Muslim coworker heard about this, she was pleased and said "Well yes, they should pray for everyone on this Earth, no matter what religion... at least those who don't kill or bomb for their religion!"

I bring this up because this thread was created by someone who asked why there weren't more Muslims in the streets protesting the violence committed in the name of their religion. From my coworker's remarks, I would say that a lot of peaceful Muslims do not recognize themselves in what extremists are doing and do not wish to be made to take responsibility for the actions of those idiots. Who can blame them? I'm a baptized (if non-practicing) Catholic, and I will certainly not apologize or take responsibility for whatever bigoted idiocies Pat Robertson may utter in the name of God. I will just shake my head in dismay, as those Muslims I know are probably doing re the terrorists. And if anyone told me it was my responsibility to do so, I would very much tell that person where he/she can go...

Besides... if pro-peace Muslim demonstrations do happen (I can't say with certainty how many have happened or where), it's quite possible - indeed probable - that they don't get much media coverage. Knowing how the media operates (I work in media relations), I would think that a journalist would prefer covering a demonstration by angry Muslims calling for war (which gets more ratings) than covering one for peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Otts,

You have no idea how true your words ring. There are indeed, many of us who do not share the view of the extremist. What seems like the majority being intolerant is actually just a small segment. Really. Possibly even less than 0.1% of the whole entire muslim population. But do take note than though 0.1% of a billion equates to a significant number, it's stilll a small percentage of the whole.

And it's true, those of us who condemn such atrocities get coverage inversely proportional to our numbers. I am studying Journalism myself, and true, given the choice between covering a violent protest or a peaceful one, I'd choose the former myself, owing to the fact it has a higher news value in terms of 'conflict'. It's just human nature.

Also, and this is important, in many Arab countries if a person speaks out against these acts, sooner rather than later the extremist elements will come knocking at the door, ready to carve them up.

It's difficult to speak up if the consequence would mean putting yourself and the ones you love in immediate physical danger.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
What seems like the majority being intolerant is actually just a small segment. Really. Possibly even less than 0.1% of the whole entire muslim population. But do take note than though 0.1% of a billion equates to a significant number, it's stilll a small percentage of the whole.

Where do you get this 0.1% from?
I think it's much higher than that.

The results from a Telegraph poll shows that 6% of British muslims felt that the July 7th attacks were justified.

One percent of British muslims feel that western society is immoral and should be brought to an end by violent means.
telegraph.co.uk

A British Government report had similar numbers.
Leaked No 10 dossier reveals Al-Qaeda’s British recruits

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
As I've always said, If one can't deal with the culture of a particular country then stay in your own country.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I plucked that figure from the sky, coz I really don't know the actual figure. But the figures you put forth are of British muslims, not the whole muslim population.

All I'm trying to say is that there are plenty of moderates out there who don't believe in such deplorable actions. What the exact numbers are I am not certain, but I am certain they are the majority.

What I find really sad is that no matter how many of us moderates come forth to denounce the actions of these extremist, we still don't get much coverage by your media. No matter how many of our leaders state publically they condemn it, we still get just a small column in the whole newspaper.

What do you want from us? What else can we do under the circumstances? Must we take to the streets denouncing it, only to find that we're but a footnote in the whole "Islam is bad" report?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join