It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Really? You'd be out there prortesting against organized Christians doing what, exactly? When is the last time we have done such things in the name of Christianity?

Who better to stand up and declare that these "militants" are hijacking the Islamic religion of peace than the Muslims who allegedly represent the real religion?
I cannot stand up and tell them that thet hijack the religion as that religion is not mine. It will have to be the members of that belief.

The "Christian" comparision is difficult, I admit, because there isn't a problem today with large Christian groups rioting or committing crimes in the name of Christianity (to my knowledge).

But let's say it's Americans. America is certainly doing things, in my name, that I am strongly opposed to. But I don't riot or even go to protests over a certain size (and thus unpredictable), because I think the best way to show the world that America is strong while at the same time doing what I think is my part to make it so is to strive to change those policies in a peacable and more effective manner. For example, by voting, or by joining organizations I believe in and volunteering my time for them.

And you better believe there are plenty of Muslims who do exactly this. The trouble is, you have to get out there and meet them, because their efforts won't be screened on CNN or whatever in the same way a big, violent riot will.

When so many Muslims are feeling like they are the targets, as a group, of this "War on Terror," they may simply not wish to break ranks so openly. I, for one, can understand that perfectly, because it's how I feel about America. I am deeply opposed to some of America's current policies but I don't join protests, because they are a.) often misguided or hijacked and b.) not the kind of productive activity I feel we need at a time when America is feeling fractured and attacked (not unlike the Muslim world.)

Finally, on a purely practical level, it's difficult for American (and European) Muslim groups (ie, some of the most progressive) to find time to do what some people here are saying they should, because they have to devote most of their time, money, and manpower towards fighting on behalf of their constituents who are sent, say, to prison without trial, or subjected to discrimination, or have had their greencards revoked for no reason, or the like. The current times make them not just less motivated, but less able, to go out and "stand up for the name of Islam."

[edit on 20-2-2006 by koji_K]

[edit on 20-2-2006 by koji_K]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Um...Just look for yourself:

This is from Pakistan. Lets see: cartoons depicting your prohpet created by non Muslims, so you march in the streets celebrating one of the worlds most effective mass murderers. Yeah, thats MODERATE....

Almost forgot: The Cartoon War death toll up to 45.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The religion of peace strikes again. Thanks for the pic skippy, with each day I feel more assured that Islam is Satanic in it's theology to the core.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am confused.......

I have read so often on other placards

Bush = Hitler ?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
The "Christian" comparision is difficult, I admit, because there isn't a problem today with large Christian groups rioting or committing crimes in the name of Christianity (to my knowledge).

Okay, maybe not at the moment. But what do you call things like the 16th Street Church bombing?

Or, much more recently, the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that many of the Islamic protests over that damn cartoon are being intentionally stirred up by someone(s). This entire thing would have blown over by now otherwise.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
I am confused.......

I have read so often on other placards

Bush = Hitler ?

I have a suspicion that and other similar placards [as in handwriting] have been altered. I can't say what specifically but something about it looks very articifical.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I have a suspicion that and other similar placards [as in handwriting] have been altered. I can't say what specifically but something about it looks very articifical.

Although that certainly cannot be ruled out, there has yet to be proof of that. One culprit for certain is the media. Actually, the media is directly to blame. My feeling is that this is just a wonderfull excuse to vent. Unfortunatly radical Mulsim venting usually results is non Muslims being killed (and other Muslims for that matter).

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
*Sigh*
The Sign says God Bless Hitler.
The same people have likened Bush to Hitler.
In this regard, they are saying God Bless Bush.

Come on people, stay with the tour.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't want to be peacefully killed as proof Muslims are respecting of other creeds. Can't they vent without burning stuff?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

D'oh! That's it! I'm not defending these fools anymore. They want to go burn their country, go right ahead. If they think this is doing the rest of us muslims any favours they are seriously deluded. Just what the hell would this prove??

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The problem is, they don't just burn their own stuff.
As a matter of fact, it seems they have a propensity for burning the stuff that belongs to people that have nothing to do with it.
When people go nuts like that, they'll burn your stuff, too. It seems that illogic is ruling the days.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Although that certainly cannot be ruled out, there has yet to be proof of that.

Near the right of the placard is discolouration like from the erase tool in photoshop. The handwriting is very 'perfect' and look like they come from a gigantic felt pen.. the 'b' in 'bless' also is on the exactly the same angle as the side of the photo. I have seen similar handwriting from more than one country.. I doubt just one guy would have the energy to fly back and forth from riot to riot making and writing placards to give away.. more likely he has a good art promgram. Hitler would've exterminated all muslims given half the chance.. Muslims would know this and extremists supporting Hitler's cause makes no sense as Hitler was officially a christian. Are they trying to promote Islam or not? The Hitler angle is a hot button and good for headlines and message board shock value.. it's also good for manipulating the media and demonising who you want people to be afraid of.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Uh, If you notice, the letters are not "handwritten", but are first carefully outlined, and then filled in with either paint markers or wide-tipped felt pens.
Seems maybe you've never had to make strike signs for the picket line, huh?

By the way, here is a site that maybe you would see as being more likely to not be subverted. It is the German division of CNN.

www.n-tv.de...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Uh, If you notice, the letters are not "handwritten", but are first carefully outlined, and then filled in with either paint markers or wide-tipped felt pens.

How are they not handwritten? They're the same style.. they obviously didn't use stencils or the letters would be exactly the same. It looks like one individual created these signs and they've been at more than one march. Unless they're printed or stenciled there's no way to hide that individuality. I remember another picture in the same style with one [out of 4 similar] 'behead all infidels' [or something to that effect] but I have no idea which thread it was in though. So.. yes I'll concede now that the person does put alot of effort in and must like to travel. They also thought mentioning Hitler would make a good photo op even though thats counter productive to spreading Islam. What would be the motivation then? It certainly is not religion.

Seems maybe you've never had to make strike signs for the picket line, huh?

I make enough selling paintings.. I refused to work for a while because I was getting bored but I won out in the end and reluctently sent myself back to work. I get a pay rise when I'm dead though.

Thanks for the link btw.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Originally posted by koji_K

Okay, maybe not at the moment. But what do you call things like the 16th Street Church bombing?

Or, much more recently, the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland?

Makes the comparision easier then, I just don't know much about these things. You should read my post before that one- I wasn't commenting on Christianity, I was commenting more on people doing things in the name of others. I was always under the impression that religion in N. Ireland was incidental to the political problem, but I'm no expert, and I guess that's for a different thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The pic is real, its from here with photographers credits.

Its clearly a hand painted sign, you can even see light and shadows through it. No Photoshop, everything isnt faked or a conspiracy people. What else do these radicals have to do to convince some of you they are violent nut cases and want to rule the world?

[edit on 21-2-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Its clearly a hand painted sign, you can even see light and shadows through it. No Photoshop,

I've agreed it probably isn't now.. but you can indeed compensate for light and shadows with art programs.

everything isnt faked or a conspiracy people.

I guess I'm at the wrong site then..

What else do these radicals have to do to convince some of you they are violent nut cases and want to rule the world?

It depends what the media conjures up next.. they deliberately created this situation remember- they knew what the repecussions would be but published them anyway. What is their motivation? Are they nutters too or are we meant to just 'ignore' the role they played?
Have you got an explanation as to why they'd be promoting Hitler of all people? If he had've gotten his way they would've been sent to the gas chambers as well. He was christian and pro-white. The extremists are supossedly anti-christian and anti-white. Incompatable ideaologies. Did it say "God Bless Mohamed"? No. I know you prefer to believe that they their only motivation is rabid violence from some primal core of their humanity.. but it makes more sense to me to wonder if they had other motivations:

"Here.. I'll give you a 1000$ if you carry this placard for the cameras and look as foolish as possible."

Yes, yes I know that sounds really far fetched compared with the theory that these people were just ignorant about what Hitler's ambitions were.. then again the media tried to convince everyone that terrorists blew themselves up just to get 72 virgins. Fact is their families actually get well compensated after the fact and it has nothing to do with any afterlife. Whats the bigger motivation in the world? God or greed? How many more papers have been sold? How many more people are in favour of attacking other middle eastern countries now? It's called propaganda, designed to influence the political climate.. and it seems to be working. Do you really think that radical idiot with the sign is bent on world domination and capable of achieving it?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hrm.. Christians on the rampage now.. whaddya know...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here, this might give a clue about the reasons for the protest and counter-riot. It has nothing to do with cartoons. IT has something to do with the murder of people, children, and the destruction of property. This aimed at Christians who have nothing to do with the actions of private citizens who draw cartoons in other countries.

From all indications, it is very clear now that the sacrifices of the Christians in this country for peaceful co-existence with people of other faiths has been sadly misunderstood to be weakness.

We have for a long time now watched helplessly the killing, maiming and destruction of Christians and their property by Muslim fanatics and fundamentalists at the slightest or no provocation at all. We are not unaware of the fact that these religious extremists have the full backup and support of some influential Muslims who are yet to appreciate the value of peaceful co-existence.

That an incident in far away Denmark which does not claim to be representing Christianity could elicit such an unfortunate reaction here in Nigeria, leading to the destruction of Christian Churches, is not only embarrassing, but also disturbing and unfortunate.

www.anglicancommunion.org...

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join