It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Malta?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc
George Bush and Tony Blair (aswell as a Freemason) are both Knights of something or other.

Are they?? Could you give me some more information on this? Incidentally, Tony Blair isn't a freemason.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc
George Bush and Tony Blair (aswell as a Freemason) are both Knights of something or other.

Wow, that's so profound and insightful I'm speechless....

...nearly.

I've often wondered what is the difference between actually asking questions, or even starting controversial threads versus trolling.

I now have a clear understanding of a troll.

Invoking St. Ignora...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
^^^^^ They're both Knights of Prosperity

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Not all information can be found by doing searches on google, thanks for the correction, Veleda, Attanno is actually recently dicovered as the reall name, instead of Attilla, or the big historical mistake of attilla the hun who was confused with attanno of susatium, or susat, salt city, in medieval days which is known today as the town of soest, where is one of the oldest archives on northern europe. Thats why eberybody ended up looking for the nibelungen treasure in hungary. I despise using the phrase nibelungen treasure, because it is a copy of a much older unkown legend of which there are over 350 to choose the correct one from, along with a few purposely falsified ones by the church, such as the suffridrus
petrus saga, specialy fabricated so that the real one is forgoten. I know through many years of intense reading in the soester archive that the gruft by externestein, which is carved exactly down to the centimeter along with the sun and moon alignements is something extremely secret because it is an exact replica of jesuses tomb in isreal. That is why king charlemagne was ordered by the pope to search exsternestiene. However befare he got there the tomb was emptied and rehidden with the tomb of king attano, or attilla of soest if you like, inorder to make sure that the catholic church never gets thier hands on it. And thats why king charlemagne had no choice but to make a peace treaty with soest, I just was wondering what the knights of malta know about this subject, sorry for remaining vague about this, its much to important to write out clearly publicly like this. Ill give you a little challenge do some research on, why did the church imprison florentinion painter carlo crivelli in the 16th century.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count Germails Lovechild
^^^^^ They're both Knights of Prosperity

Tisk, tisk! Bad Lovechild!
Bad boy!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A Fair amount of Templars escaped the destruction of their order. Many fled to safety in Portugal and also to Scotland. There is also the issue of the Templar fleet which escaped and was never seen again. Some have suggested they went to North America. And certain knowledge of indigenous American plants is to be seen in the carvings of Roslyn Chapel.

As far as Hitler goes he was intending to invade Malta in a similar operation to that of Crete but it was pulled when the plan was well advanced. Malta garrison remained a thorn in the German / Italian side in the med and North Africa.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
RE: Niebelung Lied -- derived from the Norse Sagas. I would classify this as a legend, a fable. Richard Wagner used the Niebelung Lied as the basis for his "Ring Cycle" operas: das Rheingold, die Waulkure, and Gotterdammerung. J.R.R. Tolkien also used the Neibelund Lied as inspiration for his colassal works, interspersed with Christian themes.

I fail to see a connection with the Niebelund Lied and the Knights of Malta...

RE: The Church of the Holy Sepulchre:

The current Church of the Holy Sepulchre dates from circa 1000-1500, with a few or several modifications and restorations since then. The British added some iron scaffolds to the Edicule (see below) in the 1940s to keep the Edicule cladding together.

As Christianity grew, the pagan Romans covered the site with rubble, and effectively made it a garbage-dump. Early Christians that travelled to Jerusalem were told by the local Christians that the site of Christ's crucifixion and burial were underneath the rubbish-pile.

Later, the Romans built a temple to one of their god on the site (to Venus?), and again, when asked by Christian visitors, the locals directed the pilgrims to the site of the Roman temple.

Constantine tore-down the Roman temple and cleared the area. He further cleared the surrounding stone from the cliffside surrounding the tomb, leaving only native rock around the tomb chamber(s) itself only, and constucted a portico at the entrance -- this would become the Edicule. He also built a greater church around the whole site circa 335 AD.

The Byzantines rebuilt the complex in 1012-1040.

Further building/renovation took place during the time of the Crusader Kingdoms (1099-1209?), in 1555, and in 1809-1810.

If there is any hint that Attila had or knew of a site that was a replica of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, it would have had to been the Constantinian design, it could not have been a replica of the current church.

Furthermore, there is no secret that there were models of the church and edicule throughout Europe built by monarchs or other wealthy patrons. These replcas existed in the form of ring ornamentation, small-models (ornaments), carvings, paintings, or even chapels and churches of various sizes. Not everyone could visit Jerusalem, so these were built to allow Europeans to visit the place without actually going there, ala the Stations of the Cross.

Examples of these various replicas are found in Narbonne, Eichstatt, Montaione, Augsburg, Gorlitz, Nottingham, Amsterdam, just to name several.

To site some conspiracy to destroy or conceal a replica of the church, in my estimation, is not credible.

So, to answer the question about what the Knights of Malta might think about site-x, supposedly an exact replica of the church, I'd guess that they have no opinion because the premise is faulty.

For further information, I suggest you read "The Tomb of Christ" by Professor Martin Biddle of Oxford. The publisher is Sutton Publishing Ltd., and is where I derived and paraphrased the information above.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I agree, the nibelungen lied is a fable, when I visited heinz ritter vom schaumberg on his 80th birthday he was also very upset how the more precise thidrek saga was manipulated,
and trust me he didnt like richard wagner very much either for having turned a part of history into a fable. My concerns about externsteine is exactly the year 33 AD, when the gruft was built, or tomb next to externsteine, no historian even dares to talk about that,
even heinz ritter vom schaumberg told the time isnt right for that yet. And the attila Im talking about is the one in the thidrek saga, around 650AD. A little bit before king charlemagne. But you did give me the answer I wanted, it seems the knights of malta didnt look very carefully at that gruft built in the year 33AD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join