It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Malta?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Last night on History channel was an excellent show on Hitler and the nazi's and their junk about the Aryans and all. Anyways first off, I wanna know what you all think about the idea that Hitler escaped and that the guy found in his bunker was one of his look alikes, me personally i dont think this is likely. Second, I was looking up about the aryan's and all just to find more info, and i found out that a bunch of the nazi's were knights of malta. So i was wondering what anyone knows about the knights of malta. I read that they formed the CIA or somethin like taht and a bunch of other stuff so yeah if anyone has more insight, please post. OH heres a good website for info on a lot of stuff (this site sounds really anti-catholic though cause they have a ton on the lies and tyranny and crap on the Catholic Church):
Web of Intrigue

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Thanks for that link mate, it has some very interesting things to say. I was reading some about the Nights of Malta. I don't think I qualify for membership because I haven't served in the Military.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The Carlyle Group is headed by Knight of Malta Frank Carclucci.

Also Pittsburgh Steelers owner is a Knight of Malta.

Those pesky illuminati are everywhere...

Link

[edit on 4-2-2006 by solrac4]

[edit on 4-2-2006 by solrac4]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So basically they're illuminati? i mean what do they do present day? like do they have any real significance? any importance at all?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It all seems quite above board to me...

External source - Official site of the Sovereign Order of Malta

All the 12,000 Knights and Dames of the Order, whether professed friars or lay members, are devoted to the exercise of Christian virtue and charity, and committed to achieving their spiritual perfection within the Church and to expending their energies caring for others.

Wiki entry

Official site

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There are three groups that I can think of that use the term "Knights of Malta":

-an appendage of the York Rite of Freemasonry
-an order of chivalry/Papal Order - S.M.O.M.
-a biker gang

Hope this helps...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
, and i found out that a bunch of the nazi's were knights of malta.

How many is 'a bunch'?

Why is it relevant? How many nazis were also boy scouts? Or university students?

I read that they formed the CIA

The Knights of Malta didn't form the CIA.

OH heres a good website for info on a lot of stuff (this site sounds really anti-catholic though cause they have a ton on the lies and tyranny and crap on the Catholic Church)

If the site has lots of lies on it, then why should it be considered a good site? The Knights of Malta is a Catholic Organization (actually there is also a grade in the York Rite of Freemasonry that is called "Knight of Malta", and other clubs calling themselves as such). A page that promotes anti-catholic lies, as you have stated, wouldn't necessarily be a good source of information about a catholic organization.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No I dont think Hitler survived, he would have popped up somewhere, he was to much of a narcissist to stay out of the spotlight for long*

The Cia was not started by the Knights Of Malta, members of the nazi party may have had a affilation but it wasn't party doctrine* The mythology Hitler was fascinated with was that of the Teutonic Knights, and it wasnt Christian, the SS was modeled aftter the Teutonic Knights

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Teutonic Knights were a Crusading Order, more or less contemporaries of:

The Templars
The Hospitallers (Knights of Malta)
The Lazarites
The Sepulcherians (okay, maybe not a word)

The Templars were predominantly English with a large French minority, and probably a smattering of other ethnicities.

The Hospitallers were predominantly from what is now Italy and Spain

The Lazarites were Crusaders who contracted leprosy, and/or cared for lepers, Crusaders or otherwise

The Order of the Holy Sepulcher was confined to the defense and care of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

The Teutonic Knights were, as the name implies, of Germanic stock. The Order still exists, but is only open to certain members of the Lutheran (and Catholic?) clergy.

adc

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Jimmy Savile is a member of this society, apparently.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Jimmy Savile is a member of this society, apparently.

Which one?...

RE: Knights of Malta...

The SMOM (Sovereign Military Order of Malta) aka The Order of St. John of the Hospital of Jerusalem, of Rhodes, and of Malta recognizes other organizations which are very similar, and they recognize SMOM:

Most Venerable Order of St. John (England) - England was once predominantly Catholic, and there were some English Hospitallers. The Order largely went defunct (excepting those who remained Catholic and might have still been in the Order). In the late 1800's (?) the Crown established the MVOSJ with the device of the Hospitallers, and with their goals. It is recognized by SMOM because it is supported by the Crown of England (more on that later)

The Johanniter Order(s) - Holland, Sweden, and Germany -- formed by Hospitallers when these countries turned Protestant, and supported (at least initially) by the monarchs of these countries.

There are a few (several?) other self-styled Hospitaller Orders which were totally fabricated by some individual. They ape the insignia of the legit orders listed above (where it is legal to do so, some countries have regulations regarding issuing medals, and what they recognize as legitimate Orders of Chivalry or Nobility), and often make wild, invented, and convoluted claims as to how they are the real-deal.

A gentleman named Guy Stair Sainty is probably the foremost authority on Orders of Chivalry, Orders of Nobility, Crusading Orders, and Royal/Papal Orders. His research and footnotes are very extensive. Mr. Sainty used to have a website, which now directs you to the publisher of his book which contains all what he had on his former website. I think the book runs about $350 US!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
So basically they're illuminati? i mean what do they do present day? like do they have any real significance? any importance at all?

Around here Illuminatti means anybody who makes more money than you, drives a better car than you or has any sort of authority over you whatsoever. Basicly if you are wealthy you are considered to be Illuminatti. Same old class struggle...just a different chapter.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I wonder what the knights of malta think about megalith site irminsul,with the jewish carved gruft next to it, carved by jewish sculptures 33 years after jesuses death, in roman territory, of which queen veleda past down the secret to king attanno of susatium, who which told his great grand son to take those bones out of the gruft there, just beore pope leo the 3rd told king charlemagne to go destroy 7 out of the 12 pillars of exsternestiene which is a 100,000 years old, when first established, known as the center of the world in the roman days. Hmmm... where did king attanos tell his grand son to hide the bones of the gruft of externsteine. Thidrek saga schatz, good thing hitler didnt get his hands on that info, he only got one third of it, by hammerberg, heinz ritter vom schaumberg knew, sadly he passed away, anyways, how about that for info for above top secret.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Probably not much because your post is incoherent and nonsensical...

I Google-searched "Queen Velada" with no results.
I searched "King Attano" with no results.
I searched "Susatium" with two inconclusive results.

Take a nap and drink some coffee and explain your post again.

TschuB!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think the name is actually Veleda no Velada, there's quite alot to be found about her...

Veleda was a 1st century prophetess, living at the time of Vespasian. She was so revered that her tribe had actually worshipped her as a goddess. Veleda lived in a high tower, and pronounced her prophecy on a raised platform, where no one was allowed to approach her directly.

She is mentioned in Tacitus Histories.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ah...my mistake on the spelling...

Thanks for the additional information. Any more comment on the "story" above, or what it might have to do with the Knights of Malta who were founded many centuries later?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Lol none at all although I gather it's something to do with Norse / Icelandic sagas and connecting to Hitler's Wagnerian-isms.

The Knights of Malta are said to have absorbed some Templars through the Hospitallers and the SS had Templar asiprations.

The Knights of Malta were fairly well looted by Napoleon on his way to Egypt.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm sure its plausible that some Templars who escaped/survived the official elimination of the Order joined the Hospitallers. Templar lands in France were seized by the French crown. Templar holdings elsewhere were granted to the Hospitallers (Knights of Malta).

I don't know about the investment services of the Knights of Malta (Hospitallers) since I'm not a member, nor have I witnessed an investment. Again, it may be plausible that there were similarities between the Templar investiture and that of the Hosptiallers, since they were near-contemporaries of each other (Templars pre-dating the Hospitallers by 50 years, I believe), and shared at least one mission.

The current investiture of the Knights of Malta is likely to have been changed ("modernized") at least a little. As an invested member into the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, there may have (or still have) some similarities among the EOHSJ, Templars, and Hospitallers, but I do know that the EOHSJ has had some changes to its "Constitution" at least twice -- once in the late 1800's, and the last in 1977, I believe. I have a booklet given to me upon my investiture, but it covers more the history of the Order, rather than the evolution of the investiture.

There is a Vatican-approved "revival" of the ancient Templars - the Ordo Militae (sp?) Templi, which supposedly uses the same garb, devices, and Rule of the Templars as they were originally founded. Its not very well known, and probably not very large, since you have to travel to some obscure, tiny Italian town to be invested, unlike the EOHSJ and SMOM. More details can be viewed at their website.

There is also a modern, self-styled (bogus) "Templar" order - the Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem (SMOTJ), you can find them on the web as well. I don't know how much their investiture resembles the original, or at all.

There are also several other copy-cat "Templar" orders going by several different name variations. You might find them by doing a Google search under "Templars" or "Order of the Temple".

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
PS - I don't know how much the Hospitallers were "looted" by Napoleon when he took Malta in 1798, but he did manage to effectively eliminate their rule of Malta, and drive them from the island for the most part. I can't recall if the Hospitallers maintained a minimal "symbolic" presence on the islands or not.

Ferdinand Von Hompesch was the last Grand Master of the Order during their rule of Malta at the time of Napoleon's arrival on Malta (he was also the only German Grand Master of the Order during their rule of Malta from 1530-1798). Von Hompesch surrendered without any resistance. The Maltese people regard Von Hompesch with an odd mixture of scorn and pity -- scorn for not resisting or preventing the French occupation (which the Maltese hated, and was a reason why they invited British occupation/rule); he's also pitied because the recognize that he really was in no position to resist Napoleon, and they lament the end of a romantic era in their history.

My wife and I honeymooned in Malta. I highly recommend it as a vacation. You can U2U me if you'd like more information...

adc

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
George Bush and Tony Blair (aswell as a Freemason) are both Knights of something or other.

<<   2 >>

join