Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

the boogieman and imaginary friends!

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
one thing always has crossed my mind as really strange.
how do little kids always know the boogieman.i have a nephew that always says "i seen the boogieman"...now if you think about most parents and children ,how many parents mention the boogieman to scare their kids.or what about closet monsters or people under the bed.are these just our imaginations or something much more?kids must see something.not all kids are full of it!but like most of us who close the connection to the unknown because our parents say its not real.but maybe we just surpress it.

i remember when i was a kid i had an imaginary enemy named broken eye.he use to chase me out of the basement if the lights went out.the only time broken eye revealed himself to me was in the dark!we moved away from that house but man what i wouldn't do to go back there and see that freak again.i always wondered what would have happened if he caught me.

sometimes when i hear knocks and bumps in the day or night i think thats our imaginary friends sometimes just letting us know there still there.

what do you guys and gals think?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
he only revealed himself in the dark? just out of curiosity what did he look like?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Supposedly you can see the bogieman until you hit puberty, then you lose the ability.

According to TV (Special Unit 2) Banshees can also see them.

Incidentally Special Unit 2 is a prog on the X-files/MIB vein which is quite interesting sometimes and all done in a spoof fashion.

new topics

join