It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Tips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am a physicaly fitness nut but I must admit that i am bad sleeper. I have been trying self-hypnosis lately but I think I need someone else to help push me over the edge into sleep state. any other ideas?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
try not excercising before you go to bed..
this will keep you alert and awake.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
10 Sominex and a bottle of scotch.

Works like a charm!

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
other than the booze related nap, another option might be found on this Link

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Routine routine routine.

1 hour before bed:
Turn off the TV, radio, computer, and anything else that is noisy and bright. Pick up a book or magazine. Study every page, even the ads.

1/2 hour before bed:
Wash your face, brush your hair and teeth.

15 minutes before bed:
Walk around the house and check every window. Slowly. Walk around and check the doors. Turn out every light. Set out clothes for the next day.

In bed:
Lie on your back and close your eyes. Stretch every muscle in your body (first tense, then loose and relaxed). Think of a pleasant event that happened today.

DO NOT:
Do work before bed.
Recap the entire day.
Plan for tomorrow (that's what calendars are for)
Drink caffeine or eat sugar (I doubt you do, though)
Watch TV or read in bed. Bed is for SLEEP ONLY.

I hope I helped!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
Routine routine routine.

1 hour before bed:
Turn off the TV, radio, computer, and anything else that is noisy and bright. Pick up a book or magazine. Study every page, even the ads.

1/2 hour before bed:
Wash your face, brush your hair and teeth.

15 minutes before bed:
Walk around the house and check every window. Slowly. Walk around and check the doors. Turn out every light. Set out clothes for the next day.

In bed:
Lie on your back and close your eyes. Stretch every muscle in your body (first tense, then loose and relaxed). Think of a pleasant event that happened today.

DO NOT:
Do work before bed.
Recap the entire day.
Plan for tomorrow (that's what calendars are for)
Drink caffeine or eat sugar (I doubt you do, though)
Watch TV or read in bed. Bed is for SLEEP ONLY.

I hope I helped!

This really sounds like a good routine. Makes me sleepy just thinking about it. I will definitely have to try this one.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
NyQuill.
Align you bed so that the head/foot is East/West.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree with TC, NyQuil will turn your lights out. It'll take you to the edge of sleep and beyond.

What's with the east/west thing? Right now I'm sleeping north/northwest south/southeast.

Peace

edit: doh!!!!!!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
why dont u just try excercising a little bit...i know that sincei have started i sleep like a baby every day and it feels great.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
why dont u just try excercising a little bit...i know that sincei have started i sleep like a baby every day and it feels great.

OP said he was a fitness buff.. so doubt exercise is/should be on his list. Besides the best time to work out is in the morning after a good nights sleep.

Anyways.. think of something pleasant or think of a blank pc of paper. What I ussually do is listen to the radio. Put on my fav. channel and have it tuned down to a whisper. This always puts me to sleep. Put something soothing on.. Not something that will get you hyper or active.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuil,

We Love You,

You Giant F**king Q

-Denis Leary- :w:

[edit on 9-2-2006 by digitalassassin]

new topics

top topics

join