It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest QB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am in love with Montana but Brady is tempting. Both so damned hot! I hear that they play football, too.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dan marino is a legend, i love the Dolphins

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Dan Marino was great, all time leader in passing yards, but John Elway won a title at least(and was absolutly amazing to watch). It really is a tough choice. Bart Starr, Joe Nameth, Steve Young(toughest QB ever in my opinion), Joe Montana. Each has their ups and downs. Its really hard to make a choice. Of all time, I would take John Elway.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think you have to include Brett Favre in there somewhere. Frankly, due to many factors I missed his career, but having been drawn back to football recently, I had the opportunity to look at his stats and they certainly look good to me.

I would add Archie Manning, despite his allegiance to a perennially losing team. Roger Staubach certainly deserves mention and it should be noted that Staubach honored his military obligation before entering the NFL. And there's Y. A. Tittle, Johnny Unitas, George Blanda and there must be many more, but this thread was not really about football was it.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i would have to go with marino..... yea sure he never won a title.... but he has how many records??? like 20 somthing?? and he has over 40 franchise records....he is the man.. ive been a dolphins fan since i was 5 and i remember him playing.. he was always directing the team and moving the ball with awsome passes.. if not i would have to go with young as the next one.....

[edit on 16-2-2006 by hitman132436]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sorry, I know it is premature but I love the man and want to be on the record as having been a fan from the get go!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Its Obviously Ben Roethlisberger

haha j/k. I would like to think Dan Marino. Lots of great QBs came out of western PA. Montana, Marino, Namath... etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think in 20 years we'll be saying Peyton Manning, as long as he finally can win the big game. If not we'll group him with Ted Williams, Dan Marino etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This wouldn't be a credible list of the Greatest Quarterbacks without the likes of:

Kenny "The Snake" Stabler

In his 10 seasons with the Oakland Raiders, Ken Stabler was named All-Pro twice, All-AFC three times, AFC Player of the Year twice, and was selected to play in four Pro Bowls ...

[edit on 2/21/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
All-time best: Johnny Unitas
Right on his heels: Joe Montana

They both had that Chuck Yeager-like coolness in the face of chaos. These guys just could not be rattled.

If I had to assemble a team to win one game, I'd take either of these guys in their prime over anyone else.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
This wouldn't be a credible list of the Greatest Quarterbacks without the likes of:

Kenny "The Snake" Stabler

I have to agree. I remember Stabler from his days at New Orleans with Bum Phillips. He had an apartment on St. Charles, not far from my own. Those weren't his best years, but they did prove that Stabler was a hardcore diehard. His grizzled appearance gave him that party animal, bad boy personna in a city that perhaps suffered a bit too much from its party town image and its impact on its football team.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The best all time QB is Joe Namath, IMO.

From his days playing for Alabama under Paul "Bear" Bryant to his career with the Jets, Joe Namath set the bar in his time.

Later
Sporty

top topics

join