It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Federal Agencies Raid Anchorage Airline Hangars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A couple of news reports are circulating that the FBI, U.S. Marshals, IRS Criminal Investigation Division, ATF, Alaska State Troopers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, the Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement, and the Drug Enforcement Agency raided a couple of Anchorage Aircraft Hangars and businesses Thursday morning.

Robert F. Kane is charged with failing to register an explosive device, a “rocket pod launcher,” The case against Kane was filed Thursday in federal court under seal. FBI spokesman Eric Gonzalez refused to give further details, including where the launcher was found.

The FBI and numerous other state and federal agencies served search warrants Thursday morning on Security Aviation’s hangars at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport and the Palmer Airport, on the south side of the airport near Kulis Air Guard Base. The scene was much the same across town, on the 3200 block of C Street, where federal agents served a search warrant on Avery & Associates law firm.

Ancohorage Daily News

This has me a bit puzzled. I can't seem to make out what is going on.
I must be missing something. Seems like a huge amount of Feds in a big raid on an aircraft hanger and law office would get more news coverage than this. Perhaps someone can clue me in?

Other info

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I notice that the guy's air charter company owns several L-39's. These are eastern bloc military jet trainers Pics Here

My guess is he acquired one (or more) of these that still had rocket pods attached. Big no-no.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That may be a good guess.

I found one more tidbit.

Kane, 37, was arrested at his Eagle River home for failing to register an explosive device, which authorities identified as a rocket pod launcher used for firing live rounds, according to the FBI.

Gonzalez declined to say if the rocket pod launcher was recovered.

Feds raid charter flight company

There has to be more to it than just failing to register a rocket pod launcher. The department of fish and wildlife? The DEA? Immigrations? The IRS? The Airforce?

Come on, theres more to this than they are releasing.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I guess he must have been an illegal immigrant who didn't pay taxes and used the rockets on his L39s to go fishing then

new topics

top topics

join