It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ANTI-ISLAM' cartoons:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk
Are the protests over the publication in Europe of the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad justified?

Fresh protests are being made by Muslims angered by the publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, which first appeared in a Danish newspaper in September.

Iraqi, Egyptian and Palestinian Islamic groups have called for demonstrations as Muslims attend Friday prayers.

Should the European press have published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad? What is your reaction to the protests? How do you see the boundaries of freedom of expression versus religious offence?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My point of view concerning this report is that although freedom of expression is a religious offence within the muslim religion, It is not an offence in all religions and that people are not bound to hold to anothers belief system.

The protests in my opinion are not justified on the grounds that the Danish news paper who published the material are not bound by Islamic law. Therefore Muslims have no grounds on which to base their protest.

If the protest is made on a personal basis i.e.(we should show respect in favour of the prophet Mohammad) Then my opinion is that respect for Mohammad has been lost due to terrorist acts of the muslim religion inspired by Mohammad and that Muslims themselves are the cause of the effect that this belief system has had on people.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 9-2-2006 by asala]

new topics

join