It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Denmark get an apology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I wonder if Denmark will get an apology from all the leaders in those countries where they burned the danish flag?

[edit on 3/2/2006 by chris_dk]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
They definately wont. Even though this started out as an opinion of the editors on Jyllands-Posten, it has backfired into a fullblown political scandal.

IMHO, no offence to anyone who doesnt share their beliefs, the muslims down in the middle-east who does this are totally ignorant when it comes to freedom of speech rights.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i doubt it as well

i mean the editor lost his job over it and they issued an appology and that should be enough, but it looks like certain elements on both sides want to see it spread. Everybody should just chill out.
And as for those muslims in the middle east, burning stuff in protest is a daily rutine, i dont know why people in europe are suddenly so upset over it. It was ok when they were burning american flags

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
i doubt it as well

i mean the editor lost his job over it and they issued an appology and that should be enough, but it looks like certain elements on both sides want to see it spread. Everybody should just chill out.
And as for those muslims in the middle east, burning stuff in protest is a daily rutine, i dont know why people in europe are suddenly so upset over it. It was ok when they were burning american flags

Right you are, but they want an apology for something so small as a cartoon (which they already have got), I think it's in place to get an apology for burning our flag, burning down buildings and put out deathtreats. I wonder what would happen if I went to the center of Copenhagen and burned Dannebrog... I'd probably get arrested.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Why do the leaders of the country where the flags were burnt have to apologise? Shouldn't it come from the perportrators of the flag burning? I don't see how it helps to have people who didn't do anything apologising for those that did..............

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
i doubt it as well

Why should they? They got violent, and they got results, just giving them more encouragement (like Islam ever needs any anyway) to further violence.

How stupid was it to allow Muslim immigration into Western countries in the first place? The problem obviously isn't race, Arabic Christians are almost entirely upstanding citizens, Islam simply can't be assimilated because there is nothing like, "Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and unto God that which is God's."

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yes Denmark should get an apology. Give the editor his job back too.

Some Muslims need to realise that religion is just one part of life along with work, business, politics, sport, science, technology, engineering, leisure, entertainment, etc. When religion is allowed to become the dominant part of life, you get things all out of perspective.

Perspective: a cartoon is humour, humour is a fundamental human character, human character was (allegedly) created by God. So I guess publishing terrible blaspemous cartoons must be Gods fault, not Denmark's.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moley
Yes Denmark should get an apology. Give the editor his job back too.

Some Muslims need to realise that religion is just one part of life along with work, business, politics, sport, science, technology, engineering, leisure, entertainment, etc. When religion is allowed to become the dominant part of life, you get things all out of perspective.

Perspective: a cartoon is humour, humour is a fundamental human character, human character was (allegedly) created by God. So I guess publishing terrible blaspemous cartoons must be Gods fault, not Denmark's.

So racist stereotyping of Arab/muslim people is humour. Would the Danes create similar images of gays, women, jews, blacks? Don't think so.

top topics

join