It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They want me to prove I'm psychic?

page: 1

join
share:
HS

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

James Randi, who has tested many people who think they have psychic abilities, has found that when he has tested the alleged paranormal powers of psychics (1) they had never before tested their powers under controlled conditions, and (2) those who don't offer preposterous rationalizations for their inability to perform seem genuinely baffled at their failure...Continues skepdic.com

MY COMMENT-
The problem with me proving I am psychic is this. I had a premonition
that someone would soon show up and offer me a certain amount for an item at a garage sale. I had a whole bargaining scheme ready by the time they got there about 7 minutes later. Never seen them before or since then in about 2003. Knew exactly what they were going to end up
paying.
Never got pyschic that way again, although I had some intuition some people driving a 50,000.00 Cadillac were going to try to cheat me out of something. The trouble with skeptics like Robert T. Carroll is they think pyschic events all fit the idea of theirs that they are reproducable. Spontaneous opening of the conscious intellect requires a person who is aware there are numerous possibilities in life. Obviously, Robert T. Carroll has not had a dream yet about where he will be in the future like some.

Mr. Prabir Ghosh will pay $45,000 to anyone who claims to possess supernatural power of any kind and proves the same without resorting to any trick in the location specified by Prabir Ghosh.
First of all supernatural power is not possessed, it possesses you for a short time. Second of all, the location one gets glimpses of the future is usually in the comfort of your own home, in a familar location lived at for many weeks. It takes a calm person to suddenly be aware of the psychic fortellings usually accompanied by a strong feeling. In the case of someone coming down my driveway 10 minutes later, their feeling was felt. In the case of Louise Lone Dog, the feeling of the death of John Kennedy was felt. She told friends about this prediction. In the case of a person dreaming about the FBI building bombing in Oklahoma, the feelings of the people present were relayed. This however was not prophetic. In the case of
people who have stayed off planes and trains before accidents, this is accompanied by a feeling of fear. Mr. Prabir Ghosh and Robert T. Carroll probably have not got on a plane that crashed. In any case, the location specified by Prabir Ghosh is probably not conducive to receiving any psychic input. It is a fact unfamiliar locations make it more difficult to learn. Perhaps what debunkers want to learn is why they don't get psychic predictions. My opinion is they are probably more interested in where the next buck is coming from than the next feeling. You can't teach someone something they already don't know.

So with that .........any of you had any psychic dreams or situations?
Hey and if I knew how it worked, do you really think I'd tell you how to get psychic so you could collect 45,000 before I got mine? WELL? lol

Honor

mod edit to use "ex" instead of "quote"
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 3-2-2006 by sanctum]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link, regarding racial remark

[edit on 4-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
are you saying your a psychic? if you are....what am I wearing..

but, hmm..being as energies..if you believe that sort of thing...can be made by associating..even by words..and seeing my user name...can ya tell me something about me?

HS

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Naw what I'm relating is that a psychic is someone that fortells the future. I get bits of the future without conjuring them up or directing any part of my mind to retrieve the future. It comes spontaneously. But I will relate to you one thing you'll be doing in the future, you'll be wearing clothes

oh and at some point in the future, you will be waffled.lol

HS

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You have the worst and most useless psychic ability, predicting random stuff that has no relevance. No offense, but you will agree that's what it is.

I've had it happen a lot as well. Mine usually comes in the form of weird Déja Vu, though. For example, I dreamed about myself playing baseball in the field with my neighbours for several nights in a row. About a week later, I was actually there, in the exact same spot, in the exact same lighting as the sun set, and everything was just like my dream. Rather pointless waste of such a skill if you ask me. It just randomly happens all the time as well... I'll just be in a situation, and realize that I have thought about it or dreamed about it, or just plain feels like it's already happened before.

No, I don't predict useful things like the Columbia shuttle disaster or 9/11, I just get random things like having dreams about the Pope coming to Toronto, and waking up crying. And the next week, he is there.

Just Wednesday I was writing a test and 8 of the questions, I was unable to decide on the right answer, so I just used my intution. It was out of 50, so I should have gotten those all wrong and gotten 84%, possibly 88% if you bring probability into it. But I ended up with 98%, only one question wrong.

I can explain some theories on how and why this happens, and how you might possibly be able to control it. Takes a lot of work though, and frankly I'm too lazy to even bother and see if it has any validity behind it at this point.

I'll take a random intuition-guess at Waffle, with a little side-order of Remote Viewing.. You were wearing a green longsleeved shirt/sweater either when you posted that comment, or when you read this (unable to determine, and both might be the same.) Are you/were you sitting with one of your legs underneath you? Like sitting on your calve kind of thing.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
lol, good shot! but, a miss! I'm wearing no shirt..my legs are lazily spread open...I just scrambled some eggs when I typed that..and I have no more kool-aid so I'm drinking water

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Darn. You'd be surprised. Sometimes it actually works
. One time I was able to accurately describe someone's room, their bookshelf, weird tribal masks on the wall, coffee brewing in their house, a pool in their backyard etc all without being told
. Of course that was actually trying to remote-view though. This was just a terrible guess

There is also a small chance I was actually predicting HS.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Darn. You'd be surprised. Sometimes it actually works
. One time I was able to accurately describe someone's room, their bookshelf, weird tribal masks on the wall, coffee brewing in their house, a pool in their backyard etc all without being told
. Of course that was actually trying to remote-view though. This was just a terrible guess

There is also a small chance I was actually predicting HS.

yeah, its weird like that...sometimes you beleive it sometimes you don't.
lemme take a crack at it.

I'm seeing tires. rims actually. spikey hair? the letter T with a box around it. a spoon? lol thats all I got

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Congratulations to you!

I believe, after a number of years of rather intense investigation, that to be "psychic" is not supernatural. Unlike some folks on ATS, who flaunt a higher self, etc. etc. etc. The definition of supernatural is something that is outside of nature. If your "gift" exists, it therefore, is not outside of nature. Actually, it is more like the muscles and bodily/mental functions that some Chinese martial art masters use to achieve what appear to be supernatural stunts involving chi.

In fact, they spend years studying intensely, and developing, and are thus able to achieve a great result. People who pander to the "higher self" and other extremes of psychism, ought to be ashamed of themselves, and like in the old days, be ridden out of town on a rail.

You can, through proper development technique, increase and control your psychic talents. They are imminently controllable, if you wish to apply the correct training.

If you, in fact, have a noticeable level of psychic types of things happening in your life on some level of consistency (once every ten years to once a day or minute) then you can work it into a controllable and driveable function in your life, and not a supernatural function that is from the higher levels of spirit or outside/above of nature (supernatural).

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I completely agree with you sigung. Any "super-natural" or "para-normal" event, if possible, is completely natural and normal, just like anything else in the world. Just unexplained. Sort of like.... well.... jumping
. You can jump, you are actually DEFYING GRAVITY :O. haha. But that doesn't make it un-natural or evil, or mean that angels (or demons) of some sort are lifting you. It just means that you know how to harness a special, yet natural, skill.

I've said it a dozen times... psychic powers or anything similar is just like running. You can't expect to get up one day and just go run a marathon. You won't be able to, you'll run out of breath and stop at the start line, pull a muscle, etc. You have to start by training very hard every day before you will be able to do anything significant.

And in fact, if you have never even done any psychic things in your life, it's more like you are still crawling. You have to learn to walk before you can run!

So asking someone untrained to prove their psychic abilities is sort of like asking a newborn to run a mile.

But nothing in life is "quick and easy", particularly this sort of thing.

Sigung, have you been fortunate enough to harness any powers? And which sorts of exercises/teachings would you recommend to beginners?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Sigung, have you been fortunate enough to harness any powers? And which sorts of exercises/teachings would you recommend to beginners?

Nothing that I really wish to talk about on a forum, but you can go see Menguard on the higher self thread... He's giving out twofers of specific, incontrovertible wisdom from his "higher self".

[edit on 9-2-2006 by sigung86]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is it in the paranormal forum? Can't find it.

Can you give me a link to it? Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

top topics

join