It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another example of irrational Fascist Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If I threatened to kill every body that dissed me I would be serving infinite consecutive life sentenses. Or dead in Texas!

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 2-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight....it's OK to kill people that do not believe the way you do, but you can't even talk about their messiah in a critical way? When I last checked, killing was far worse than talking. Sticks and stones may break my bones.......

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Muslims consider it sacrilegious to produce a likeness of the Prophet Mohammad.

So?

If that makes them irrational fascists have you met fundamentalist Christian America latey?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Note to self... Never say anything bad about Allah. Period!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

So?

If that makes them irrational fascists have you met fundamentalist Christian America latey?

Okay Captian Serious. Perhaps you are as tightly wound as the fascists. By the way, I would poke fun at the Christians too! It is just not reasonable. Plain and simple. Sticks and stones man...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hmmm very interesting. I find it odd that the Muslims who basically called for understanding on this issue were fired for asking a question that the extremists can't answer why is it ok to attack unarmed civilians by blowing yourself and them up but not ok for non-Muslims to practice freedom of the press one of our basic and frankly most cherished rights? When one group is allowed to control the press because they don't like something then they have indeed deprived all of us of the freedom to choose. Muslims have the right obviously to believe as they wish but so do the rest of the world and it would be nice if extremists of whatever faith would remember that.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Suggest that the muslims (and their supporters) that are all bent out of shape over a few cartoons pay attention to what their fellow radical muslims are doing in the name of their so-called "religion of peace" before worrying about what any non-muslims are doing and saying.

muslims have among your own a bunch of really terrible people whose crimes against the innocent (and humanity in general) are far worse than publishing a couple of cartoons about muslims.

Actually, you must admit that muslim terrorism crimes and publishing cartoons about muslims do not even exist in the same universe...

[edit on 2/2/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

By the way, I would poke fun at the Christians too! It is just not reasonable. Plain and simple. Sticks and stones man...

Well call me unreasonable

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think that in today's geo-political climate, where economic and social boundaries... wait a minute. Did you say "Another example of irrational Fascist Muslims"? Oh, I thought this was a thread about "Rational Facist Muslims". I get those Facist Muslims confused sometimes. Sorry. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
actually, I think there's something in their religion about those who insult thier prophet....and well, the punishment that they should be given, or at least some of the Islamic world seems to think there is.....

no, you don't want to insult their prophet......

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't think anybody with any sense at all would even begin to say cartoon publishing and terrorist acts approach anything near the same level of offensivness. The point I was trying to make is that extermist of any faith have the same level of tolerance which is to say none. I would also like to point out not all terrorists are Muslims, not all Muslims are terrorists and not all religious extremists commit acts of senseless violence whether those extremist are Christian, Muslim or whatever.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is covered in greater depth in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

with pictures...

I am creating a list of articles on the cartoons here

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I don't think anybody with any sense at all would even begin to say cartoon publishing and terrorist acts approach anything near the same level of offensivness. The point I was trying to make is that extermist of any faith have the same level of tolerance which is to say none. I would also like to point out not all terrorists are Muslims, not all Muslims are terrorists and not all religious extremists commit acts of senseless violence whether those extremist are Christian, Muslim or whatever.

That's just it and you kind of proved my point in a round about way that people that would overlook the terrorists in their own midst while going nuts over a few cartoons by some "foreigners" are demonstrating no sense whatsoever.

I also want to be clear that I never said anything about all muslims being terrorists, etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

So?

^That's the usual counter phrase. There have been countless characterisations of God and Jesus and plenty of other religious figures in the world, but you don't see anyone (not even the supposed "fundamentalist Christians," which I have yet to encounter) reacting so strongly or as violently as these particular Islamic people seem to have done.

They are certainly a major concern, the level of their "fundamentalism" that is:

en.wikipedia.org...

^This is also concerning, had not heard about it before. Murdered cause of a film about violence against women in Islamic societies

[edit on 3/2/06 by Ivegottheskill]

[edit on 3/2/06 by Ivegottheskill]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
They show that they have no regards for freedom of speach, no understanding of our way of life and more importantly no sense of humor!

Someone needs to pull the AK-47's out of their arses.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Centurion, I don't believe I ever said you called Muslims terrorists if you felt I said that I'm sorry but I believe we are actually in at least partial agreement on this subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Aren't there numerous countries, such as Canada, that have laws againt speaking in a manner that may incite hatred? I know that these laws were created to protect the Jews, but the principle is very similar. Would these cartoons not stand to incite hatred?

I believe in Free Press and Free Speech, but how is this outrage any different from that which caused the Hate Speech Legislation in many countries?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
They show that they have no regards for freedom of speach, no understanding of our way of life and more importantly no sense of humor!

Someone needs to pull the AK-47's out of their arses.

You have voted Uncle Joe for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Well Put Uncle Joe, these people are light-years away from understanding us and we don't understand them. To threaten people for a simple cartoon shows us all what kinda mentality we're dealing with.

They have too many AK-47s and too much time on their hands. I wonder where the "rational" Muslims are in all of this? How come you don't ever see them speaking out against the violent Fools that call for kidnapping Europeans for a cartoon.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
IF any of us saw a similar cartoon with depictions of our political leaders....(there's many examples out there) woud we find that unacceptable, would there be much of an outcry about it? I don't think so.

It's sacriligous for someone to say or do anything that might serve to demean the Islamic prophet....and such an offense kind of carries the punishment of death I believe, and well, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a few fatwas out already on the guy who made up this little cartoon.

but that is their belief. not mine. to me, it's sacriligous (excuse my spelling please), to convince young men and women to strap bombs onto themselves and wander into crowds and blow themselves, and everyone else up.....all in the name of God!! this isn't only my belief, nor is it strictly a belief of christians, or any other religions, but is shared by the majority of the world population I believe........

well, I am sorry for my Islamic fellow humans in this world. but if so many of their followers cann't honor my, and so many other's beliefs regarding this one little tidbit, why should we worry if some of them take offense in a few cartoons....something we see everyday, criticising ourselves, our country, it's leaders, ect.......it's called humor for crying out loud, and we in the western world depend on it to keep us sane! maybe if they tried to find some value in it, well, they would lose the need to strap bombs on themselves and wander into crowded areas and blow themselves and everyone around them to their creator!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Then, why should we worry when someone questions the Holocaust?

<<   2 >>

join