It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous stupidity to impress the MEN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here’s my latest aggravation with women: What’s the deal with doing stupid or outrageous stuff to impress men? I don’t understand the extremes some women will go to, all because they think it will make them more attractive.

My first is example is one of stupidity, but relatively un-outrageous. A close friend of mine has been dating this man for a couple of months now, and they seem to get along just fine. They even believe that they love each other. However, this guy has fallen in love with a different girl, because she refuses to be herself around him for fear of scaring him away. She’s normally very outgoing and crazy and loud and fun, but whenever she’s around him she becomes quiet and reserved, because she doesn’t want him to think that she’s loony. Now here’s my issue with that: My boyfriend and I feel that when we are together it’s one of the few times we actually get to be completely ourselves--- No masks, no crap, nothing hidden. If you can’t be yourself with him, then why are you with him? And if a man thinks there’s something wrong with you or doesn’t like you for who you truly are, then find a man who will.

Now on a more outrageously stupid level, then obsession with plastic surgery for these purposes drives me absolutely crazy. I don’t understand why so many women feel that it is necessary to have bigger breasts, smaller tummies, and tighter butts to be seen as attractive. If the only reason a man loves you is for your insanely toned abs, then something is incredibly wrong. I just think that many women have their priorities misplaced, because not all men want to marry just a nice ass. I actually had one of my guy friends tell me this morning about this girl he really likes who’s so great because she’s an expert in History and knows all kinds of cool stuff. Not once did he mention how hot she was, how big her boobs, were, nothing. He thought she was the greatest thing walking this planet because of her intelligence and her smile. (I also hear she’s so wonderful because she has the same name as me!)

But honestly, I think it’s the biggest waste of time for a woman to make herself something she’s not. It’s hard work (and sometimes expensive) being someone you’re notà It’s so much easier to just let the man who loves you for who you are come to you, instead of wasting your life away searching for someone who’ll appreciate your fake breasts and fake personality.

[edit on 2/2/2006 by Alcor]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I completely agree. For me to want to actually spend some time with someone, they need to be able to think rationally and be intelligent. It's not that I don't appreciate beauty, it's that beauty isn't everything. And I'd much rather be around someone creative and funny and smart, no matter what their appearance is, than a "hot" airhead.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I agree with that also. Granted when I was comin' up through the different levels of maturity I must admit the physical aspect of a woman was the first thing that caught my eye. Turned out she had an attitude from "HELL" and sooooooooooo stuck up. Now I can say that yes I still look for the physical attraction but I also try to get a piece of what she's workin' with in terms of intellect.

My fiance' is all original and unique in her own sexy way. No additives or preservatives ~ no silicone here or lyposuction there!!! Just all natural and I love her because of that. At the same time she has intellect and can easily out debate me. I love that ~

But, yes it's not all about beauty but if whomever you're with possesses both beauty and brains then he/she is definitely a keeper. I hope I didn't sway off the topic too far but I understand where your coming from Alcor. Some women do try a little too hard.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by TheDayAfter]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
you posted:

"My fiance' now is all original and unique in her own sexy way. No additives or preservatives ..."

Now that is funny. I like that. Got a classy ring to it too.

Well stated. Well said.!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
1. Muffin-top pants.
These are the low slung pants that are so low and tight that the top of the womans buttucks are spilling out over the top like muffins spilling out of their cups in the muffin tin. This is not sexy. Unless you are into plumbers.

2. Heavy Eye make-up
So that the woman's eyes look like tropical fish. This will not make you either thinner or richer. And I bet that guano really stings if it ever actually gets in your eyes.

3. Naval Briefings
And I don't mean sailors conferring at the pentagon. I'm talking when I can see your front underwear AND your belly-button, and you're not built like Christina Aguilar; you're built a lot more like Janet Reno. Even if you're not obese, it makes your tummy pooch out---people want to ask you when the baby's due, but are too polite.

4. Idiotic Shoes
Shoes are instruments to protect your feet. Sure, some look better than others. You may even want to keep a pair of stilleto "do me" heels for that special evening. But please, please, puh-LEASE keep a pair of sneakers or walking boots somewhere with you. You never know when your car may stall, or the power may go out, or you may have to walk through underbrush alongside a highway. You need covered toes and a good tread, not feathers and beads over clear plastic. how many times have I seen women show up to do physical labor wearing flip flops. Or houseslippers in the grocery!!

5. Pretending to Love Sports.
I was once introduced to a woman in a social setting who began to regale me with football facts. I told her that I don't follow sports, other than chess. She literally became irate because she had learned all this crap to impress men with her knowledge, and I really didn't care. If you like sports, fine. But don't "pretend" to be something you're not. It's a nightmare. Always.

6. Confusing needy with vulnerable.
This is where you try to appear open to men by "revealing" stuff. Don't do this. As I gaze into your eyes, I am imagining that you are a creature of mystery and intrigue, and are well adjusted and a happy person. Don't shatter that myth by telling me about all your failed past relationships, or how "guys are idiots" or how the therapy is beginning to do some good. Uggh! I want to love you, not be your therapist or problem solver.

did I mention the shoe thing? Good.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
dr
lol you're killing me!

*catches breaf*

ok whew lol yes, yes and yes! to everyhting U just said.
I brought up a similar point in my Real Women Have Curves thread as I know U saw

What is with what females are thinkin is cute these days ?
I musta missed something, but let me also say I am only TOO glad because damn! lol

At the moment the females here are wearing shorty shorts (very short shorts, usually black) with them ugly ass beaded or sequined slippers that look like ballet slippers on crack .... it's NOT cute, and anything shorter than mid thigh only belongs on women with good legs ... and yeah that may be mean but let's be real people, that goes for mini skirts too. I'm just tired of seeing so much of women and girls (yikes! don't even get me started lol) that I don't really need to be seeing of them

fashion rule #1 - don't follow fashion trends.

fashion rule #2 - see rule number 1 and you'll be fine.

:shk:

I seriously sometimes feel like reaching out and helping dress these girls properly for their shapes lol but I am not that nice and then who would I have to laugh at then ?

And of course none of this matters when it comes to men, why do women not realize this ? I know that if what I was wearing or how my boobs look in my top or my ass in my jans was what he was attracted to I'd be turned off in the sameinstance.

It doesn't mean anything.

ALso women acting stupidly for men .... well let me just say I stopped having time for people like that a long time ago. Just the other day I saw a long time friend of mine that I haven't seen for a long time because a) she started seeing a guy she didn't even really like (errr ?) and b) she's still with him lol

Must i even go into that one?

There is only one thing that sums up everything I and everybody else has discussed on this topic .... self esteem issues. That's what girls who do this have.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Here in the UK, the current trend for some pseudo-fashionable young women is to wear fake sun tan from a bottle. They think it makes them more attractive

It looks ridiculous. Its not the healthy glowing tan that you get from being in the sun. Its orange for a start! There's nothing much worse than seeing girls in a pub or club sporting a 'David Dickinson' who think that they've done themselves any kind of favour.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Paul]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh, god! Yeah! Those "WOW! IM 'TANNED' " girls do my head in! My sister's friend uses fake tan... I run around singing the "oompa loompa" song when she's round at our house.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Oh, god! Yeah! Those "WOW! IM 'TANNED' " girls do my head in! My sister's friend uses fake tan... I run around singing the "oompa loompa" song when she's round at our house.

Now that I've found my way back into the chair ... tooo damned funny xeroxed

Yes, the rub on tan is far from appealing.

[edit to add]
The shoes that look like they have cinder blocks attached to the bottoms. I'll often stop and watch, if only to admire their gait.

[edit on 2/3/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This isn't the most stupid thing I've known a woman to do to try to "get her man", but I offer it as a warning to those too many "silly little girls" who think, they can think....
She thought she'd surprize him with a display of how willing she was to do anything for him.

She showed up at his family place of business, with family and customers present, and showed her tongue...ooh, newly pierced, then asked to talk to him in the private room, where she revealed... the piercings weren't limited to her tongue...face...navel...nipples or...yep, she kept going, and all without first finding out what he thought of such "fashion"... well, he hated 'mutilated' bodies, and though he'd always thought she was a bit too 'arty' for him, now she just freaked him out.

Yep, you gotta watch out for those University Educated women, who think, they can think.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hello Suzy..good to see you again.

I know of what you speak. I have never quite understood this tendency of women to be seduced into thinking this is attractive. So many women will not do work which causes discomforture or hardship..but will suffer the same for the appearence of power and control/glory. Very strange behavior.

I dont care for women who are heavily bejeweled. I think it is gross. Modesty in all things..male and female. Same with make up. Though there are better make ups than in days past....it is often a overabundance of this application to hide the real person.

Real female values are inside..not outside. Males too.
Amazing how easily merchandizing can conceal this fact...with their cheap merchandize.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
So many women will not do work which causes discomforture or hardship..but will suffer the same for the appearence of power and control/glory. Very strange behavior.

Real female values are inside..not outside. Males too.

Hey there Orangetom, my favourite pool of sane, gental wisdom in this 'E' ocean of sillyness, your post inspred me to share this little poem:

THE WAY TO JUDGE A LADY

The way to judge a lady
is not like judging dogs at shows
you must ignor all her fine grooming
and how high she holds her nose

Ignor her dainty prissy carriage
and how she crosses stockinged legs
judging solely by this method
you'll often come up with the dregs

Pedigree means nothing
if the creature is unkind
though we all have our off days