It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo Issues: Proven Factual Problems

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wembley

And it's not "38.43" light years away either, nor are the stars anything like the age suggested, or Wikipedia is a liar...

"The Ebens had to relocate to Serpo in order to protect their civilization. This occurred some 5,000 years ago." and "The Ebens have been space travelers for the past 2,000 years. "

How did they move between planets 3,000 years before they had space travel? A good taxi service, or did they just hitch-hike?

It's possible that an advanced race of intelligent beings can somehow measure space curvature and/or exact distances between celestial bodies a bit more precise than our current primitive methods... keep that in mind. Wikipedia is not the Universal Bible by any means. It's just an extension of our most advanced primitive knowledge.

Firstly, this must mean that the Ebens already had space travel in the first place for them to even relocate. Secondly, to fight an interstellar war... they must have already had space travel. Thirdly, They didn't become a true "space faring" civilization untill 2,000 years ago... That just means that it was not their civilizations main focus of interest... not that the technology never existed until then.

Peace and love in the light of truth,
David.

P.s. someone said there was no mention of radiation or earthquakes. Yes, there WAS mention of radiation. Just because earthquakes have not been mentioned yet does not mean by default that they don't exist on the planet. Let's take a step backwards before we tip over on our faces. Sorry, I know this thread was initially created for evidence only... but too much of it is purely wrong, lacking knowledge by the poster, or lacking any sense of creativity and imagination. Just remember... us earthlings aren't as far up on the food chain as we have thought for the previous 10's of thousands of years. Take some time to speculate on your own speculation... and re-read the story and the facts of the story before taking into account that the evidence is really "problematic".

[edit on 10-2-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
He also mentions eating "C Rations."

"C Rations" were eaten in WWII. In the 1960's it was "K Rations"... as EVERYONE in the military knew.

This is incorrect. K-Rations and C-Rations were introduced in WWII. Something happened to K-Rations along the way as I have never seen any. I consumed a load of C-Rats in Vietnam.

Also, dehydrated meals which were the forerunners of Meals, Ready to Eat, called Long Range Patrol Rations (LRPs or Lurps) were used in Vietnam when I was there in '68-'69 for recon patrols and the like. These would have been a far better choice for space travel if for no other reason than weight. Also, by 1965, I'm pretty sure the space food issue was pretty well in hand. You know, like Tang.

www.qmfound.com

www.kerrypardue247.com...

www.devildogs.cc...

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 2006/2/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Answering a few posts before continuing onward...

Originally posted by nukunuku

But not in the system Zeta Reticuli, which is where Anony-Hoaxer said they went. Anony-Hoaxer said the system had three stars.

well we dont know that do we since its so small it cant be seen with a telescope. It has quite a gravity pull though, so its very dense. Anywayz....keep dissecting

Actually, we DO know. And you touched on the answer, though Anony-Hoaxer and his ilk keep hoping you will forget the very point you mentioned: It has quite a gravity pull though, so its very dense.

When we look through telescopes, we see stars... and if we photograph them, we can see if they have any color changes or movement changes. In fact, we've photographed the entire sky, many times, and tiny sections of the sky many times. Astronomers (pro and amateur) take thousands of pictures of the night sky each and every night of the year.

Astronomers have spotted binary and trinary star systems with "invisible" (dark) companions that are hundreds of times farther away than Zeta Reticuli stars. In fact, they've found planets the size of Jupiter around distant stars. The way they spot it is that the gravity of these dark companions causes the star to "wobble" very slightly in the sky. You can't see it with your eyes, but you CAN see it in a photograph (you could also see it by using specrtal analysis, but that's a longer discussion).

If Zeta Reticuli was a trinary system, they would have known that years ago -- it would have showed by the way the stars wobble when we photograph that part of the sky over the course of years..

And, by the way, Zeta Reticuli does get photographed by pro and amateur astronomers fairly frequently. Hubble's probably taken some photos of that area, too.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Excellent read Byrd! I laughed until my sides hurt!

Your social insights left me wondering who, in 60s America, would volunteer to leave this planet without asking, "How's the drugs there, man?"

16 pallets of drugs might account for lack of scientific invesitgation......or this fanciful flight of Randy Andy Academy of Aero-naughty-ics?

G

Now that you mention it.....

And an excellent and subtle point that's hard to pick up if you didn't live back then... Anony-Hoaxer actually gets some points about the American culture wrong, too.

And who could forget the classic "they took along electric razors, coffee pots", etc. And where, pray tell, are they getting their 20 year supply of coffee? And what about that electricity for razors? And where are they going to get a supply of heads for the razors?

Oh. Wait. They'll put them under pyramids and keep them miraculously sharp, right?

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
great work byrd!!!

keep it up...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Addressing a few comments...

Originally posted by dgoodpastureIt's possible that an advanced race of intelligent beings can somehow measure space curvature and/or exact distances between celestial bodies a bit more precise than our current primitive methods... keep that in mind.

No, it's not "possible", it's "an absolute necessity. In fact, it follows logically that their math for finding these distances under ordinary and extraordinary conditions is far superior to ours.

Firstly, this must mean that the Ebens already had space travel in the first place for them to even relocate. Secondly, to fight an interstellar war... they must have already had space travel. Thirdly, They didn't become a true "space faring" civilization untill 2,000 years ago... That just means that it was not their civilizations main focus of interest... not that the technology never existed until then.

Again, Anony-Hoaxer would like for you to come up with that explaination to cover up his dumb and obvious mistake in the timeline. But once a planet enters an era where transport of large quantities of materials and large numbers of people from one planet to the other are possible, it's "spacefaring."

As with "seafaring" there isn't a limit of voyages. Either you have the technology to cross the sea/cross space, or you don't. If you choose to not use the technology, then you lose it and with newer materials you may not be able to recover that technology.

Hoaxers typically try the "the civilization collapsed and then rose again" trick, but there's a lot of problems with that stupid scenario and it's even easier to make fun of. However, since Anony-Hoaxer didn't try that one (yet) I'll leave that alone.

P.s. someone said there was no mention of radiation or earthquakes. Yes, there WAS mention of radiation.

Not quite.

The amount of radiation stated by Anony-Hoaxer was "slightly higher than Earth" when in fact the location of his hoax planet would have been in the highest radiation spot in that solar system -- radiation so high that it would ALSO have ripped away the atmosphere.

And no earthquakes follows from "no mountains" which means no tectonic plates. He makes a lame attempt at this later on... I haven't gotten onto the geology howlers yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

He also mentions eating "C Rations."

"C Rations" were eaten in WWII. In the 1960's it was "K Rations"... as EVERYONE in the military knew.

This is incorrect. K-Rations and C-Rations were introduced in WWII. Something happened to K-Rations along the way as I have never seen any. I consumed a load of C-Rats in Vietnam.

Yike! I stand corrected -- thanks, Grady! K-Rations were developed for the Korean War, though and were were sometimes miscalled C-rats. They did indeed have C-rats (I'll never forget the cinnamon bun... substances.)

Also, dehydrated meals which were the forerunners of Meals, Ready to Eat, called Long Range Patrol Rations (LRPs or Lurps) were used in Vietnam when I was there in '68-'69 for recon patrols and the like. These would have been a far better choice for space travel if for no other reason than weight. Also, by 1965, I'm pretty sure the space food issue was pretty well in hand. You know, like Tang.

Yes, I DO remember those now that you mention them! And you're right, they were what the astronauts ate.

Good catch. I'd forgotten about those.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Let me get into the most common device used by UFO hoaxers -- one borrowed by Anony-Hoaxer, in fact: the presence of guards on a mission.

The first time someone tried hoaxing a story and pretended to be a scientist, they got caught by those of us who know a bit about science. Ditto when they pretended to be pilots -- some real pilot is going to ask details or possibly details abou the weather. So in this place, they use as their informant/self a stock character: the guard.

The guard can't be expected to know formulas. The guard can't be expected to know chemistry. The guard can't be expected to know pilot stuff. The guard can't be expected to know medical details. So any goofs can be covered up with "Duh (flex muscles) I was a guard, uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh."

I haven't seen the "I was just the janitor" ploy used, probably because of the low social status of janitors. But guards are Guys With Guns. Who could doubt the integrity of Guys With Guns? Who could doubt the truth coming from a former Guy With Gun? For UFO hoaxers, like Anony-Hoaxer, the character of the Guy With Gun is a necessity... even if it doesn't make sense to have the guard along on a team.

So... let's talk a bit about the presence of guards as Anony-Hoaxer uses them in the Serpo hoax.

The stated mission was to go to the Eben homeworld and learn their science and technology and bring it back. Instead of taking chemical and industrial engineers, mathemeticians, physicists, astronomers, electrical engineers and chemists, the team is filled out by: one leader, two linguists, three "scientists", two pilots, and two guards. Oh yeah... they're "crosstrained". As to the guards, they are apparently crosstrained in mouth-breathing and heavy lifting.

Think about it: they're going to a peaceful planet. They're going to live in housing made by the people of the planet, using manufacturing and materials made by the people of the planet. They're going to live in the same kind of areas as the people of the planet do. There's no crime and no animals nearby the city/village areas (according to one section... we'll get onto the wildlife later).

So why, pray tell, do they need two guards instead of two research chemists or theoretical physicists?

Do they need someone to stand around and show them how to stand in front of doors because scientists can figure out how to classify alien species but can't understand the concept of "sit here and watch that door"? And if the aliens built the compound and managed somehow to sneak in Inconcievably Advanced technology to do a 24 hour peep show of the humans... how would the guards recognize it?

And what, pray tell, are they going to do if the Hideous Blatterbust Beast comes rampaging up to the village -- shriek for help? Faint? Die in attractive positions with their hair artfully mussed up? Pull on their red shirt and run out to become the token sacrifice because the Noble SuperAdvanced Aliens can't actually protect them?

If the people of the planet decide to kill the Earthlings, what are two guards going to do? These people just vaporized a planet. Wandering out and shooting at an angry crowd of aliens with an M-16 would have about the same effect as running up to a large tank and throwing M&M candies at it.

A diplomat would be more useful... in fact, a diplomatic liason to establish trade agreements and establish contacts within whatever passed for the government or the groups that control resources and access to those resources would have been a logical choice. But then some horrid skeptic would start asking about details and signatures and so forth.

So Anony-Hoaxer ... and other UFO hoaxers can't actually afford to have a well-constructed team of the kind we would use here on Earth. They have to have their stock "guard" character to explain why the information is so marginally literate and why the science would not pass in any high school science class.

And so the hoaxers give us their sterling stock character -- "guards" trained in breathing and muscle flexing, and the implication is that this is "your military at its finest."

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Byrd... I'm sorry... I dissagree with what you say.. you totally left out the most important factors.

1.) Space vehicles cost money, they cost time, they cost sweat, they cost work.

2.) No one knows the resources/metals needed to make such craft and/or their contraptions.

3.) You'd need man power. As smart as E.T. may be... he/she is still only an intelligent being such as ourselves. With a planet only numbering 650,000 Eben's... I find it hard to imagine that they could have had all the tools they needed to reconstruct their whole civilization and become a regular everyday space faring people right away.... what was their population 5,000 years ago right after relocating?

Don't rush so far ahead before incorporating all the factors of the story... you say Anon just posted those things in accordance to cover his dumb mistakes... If that's the philosophy you are using, and you say that he is using.. then I guess he's not so dumb afterall.. .eh? Don't trick yourself.

In peace and love,
David

Pertaining to radiation... "Not quite. "... the only point I was getting accross is that someone stated earlier that radiation did not exist on Serpo... when in fact it did. Disinformation or lack of info.. drives me nuts. Lack of mountains/tectonic plates? I'd like to hear everything you know about other planets, Byrd, that lend you the credibility to make such statements. So because Earth has mountains and Mars has volcanoes... it is impossible for a planet in the universe to not have these things? Some of the stuff you guys claim truth on... I cannot even begin to fathom speculating in the direction of... wow.

"If the people of the planet decide to kill the Earthlings, what are two guards going to do? These people just vaporized a planet. Wandering out and shooting at an angry crowd of aliens with an M-16 would have about the same effect as running up to a large tank and throwing M&M candies at it."

.... Maybe, afterall is said and done... this is just your idea of what the aliens should be like, and in actuality it holds only the merit of opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture
Byrd... I'm sorry... I dissagree with what you say.. you totally left out the most important factors.

And by which religion, goverment or philosophy on EARTH would you like to label their governing body to come to that conclusion?

2.) No one knows the resources/metals needed to make such craft and/or their contraptions.

No one that YOUR aware of.

3.) You'd need man power. As smart as E.T. may be... he/she is still only an intelligent being such as ourselves. With a planet only numbering 650,000 Eben's... I find it hard to imagine that they could have had all the tools they needed to reconstruct their whole civilization and become a regular everyday space faring people right away.... what was their population 5,000 years ago right after relocating?

As an example I'll use a farm. Do we have only MEN who farm? Are there no animals or machinery we use to assist us? You're making assumptions that the Ebens only utilize their own abilities to have anything done.

Did we not have someone type out countless letters before we utilized mechanical printing presses and printers later on?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture

Oh, I'm only about halfway through the analysis. I haven't wound things up yet.

Good points that also crack the hoax, though i should add that you really don't need manpower. For instance, our cars are now built by robots and we're starting to get types of materials that are created by printer technology.

We really can't dissect stupid mistakes involving the history because Anony-Hoaxer gives so few clues... luckily for him.

Lack of mountains/tectonic plates? I'd like to hear everything you know about other planets, Byrd, that lend you the credibility to make such statements. So because Earth has mountains and Mars has volcanoes... it is impossible for a planet in the universe to not have these things?

Actually, we know a lot about worlds other than the Earth (the moons around Jupiter, for instance, some of which are planet-sized.) I haven't gotten into that arena yet, but the information is out there and is frequently discussed, including interesting bits like fractured ice plates and planetary equitorial mountain ranges. This is how we know that lack of magnetic fields would blast atmosphere off a planet and so on and so forth.

Behind and underneath this is a lot of math and physics, including materials physics (how materials such as "rock" behave under pressure and heat.) As I said, I'm glossing over a lot of things -- a LOT of things -- but I'll be glad to discuss points in much greater detail.

A lot of folks also commented on the "if they're so advanced, why are they using sundials" aspect. Yeah, it's another case where Anony-Hoaxer actually forgets what he's writing about.

Anony-Hoaxer says it rains... so the Ebens have a clock that doesn't work when it rains? How will they know when it's time to eat?

Anony-Hoaxer also forgets that he said the system had two suns. So there's not one, but two sources of light hitting that sundial tower (others have pointed out the impossible planetary tilt, the ridiculous "it's cold at this end but not at the other pole" orbital mechanics and the absurd "patches of darkness" patterns.)

But... if you're lying about the whole thing, what's an inconsistancy or three. You can always explain it with "well, things work differently there!"

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I appreciate Byrd's detailed analysis because there are those who enjoy taking things apart and tinkering with them. However, in the case of Serpo as in the case of a pile of fresh cow manure, I don't need a chemical analysis to tell me what it is. My nose is all I need.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The point is... with such a small population, how do they ever get these things? Are they really that easy to create? What did they take with them? We can't keep fighting speculation with speculation... all it does is lead us deeper into speculation... Let the story come out before making assumptions about the ending.

Exactly... no one that I know of... so since we don't know of anyone who knows... what makes us so confident to start throwing out our own ideas on how it happened and why it is fake. Maybe with more evidence things will become more clear. Or we can ramble incoherently with multiple threads here on ATS about how everyone knows the truth already. I don't see any evidence anywhere. Every glimmer and false hope of hoax I've seen so far is either opinion or perspective based. It lies in a deep personal agenda and will to believe or not believe... and has nothing to do with the evidence of the story. And when evidence has been presented that supposedly showed Serpo was a hoax... that evidence has been seen to be false upon further inspection.

So we've studied a couple moons and a planet or two in our sun's atmosphere... now we understand every planet that resides in this universe?

If you can do this Byrd... then I'm behind you... but I'm also right beside you making sure everything matches up... so don't view me as a thorn in the side... rather as an advisor

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

In the military, you're part of an organization. You have a place and a name in a structure. He's asking us to believe that military officers who are ALSO scientists and working on projects with other scientists can suddenly be plucked out of a division or company and nobody ever notices. A top-class scientist can't just "disappear" and be "sheep dipped" and expunged from every single record there is.

Just had to point out, that though I agree, there are exceptions here...

There are special ops, etc. who do recruit those with few family ties for covert ops (I happen to know a couple, and I've never heard from them since...obviously). So, this is somewhat feasible in a military setting. Also, you're spot on in academia, but if they got more fly by night guys (such as Lazar types), then this too is feasible.

Not to give ANY shred of credibility to Serpo, because it's so wrong in SO many places...but just pointing out that this isn't completely out there...but is somewhat...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This may be a fake...since it didn't come from Bill OR Victor - but someone posted to my thread here a posting supposedly of a scanned journal page...

Just thought I'd let you guys know - I haven't analyzed it yet so I don't know what it's all about. Someone just threw that on the end of the thread I started to investigate who is involved w/starting Serpo - thought you guys might want to know.

-rdube02

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Scanned Serpo Journal Page?

Sorry, I walked into the middle of what amounts to a chain of threads. My response to rdube02 regarding the image natrlyst pointed out can be found in this thread:

Project Serpo Investigation: Who and Why?

I recommend continuing discussion of the image there and not derailling the excellent critical analysis of the Serpo story in progress here.

See you on Serpo...

[edit on 2/10/2006 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey guys I haven't posted much but I have been lurking for the past few years ... I think is only my second or third post.

Anyways, the Serpo story got me really intrigued (and I actually was entertained for the 7 solid hours I spent working through the material).

I read most of the info in this thread but one thing on my mind was only partially brought up ... the "unknown chemicals" in the water. Directly from Anon:

"Another problem was water. The water on Serpo contained a number of unknown chemicals found by our team. Our Team eventually had to boil the water before drinking it. Seeing this, the Ebens built a large plant that processed water for our Team."

and

"The team found numerous pockets of water fed to the ground by Artesian Wells. This water was the freshest, containing only the unknown chemicals. It tasted good and the Ebens drank and used it. Our team still boiled it because during culture tests, unknown types of bacteria were detected."

Now first off "chemicals" and "bacteria" are two different things. Based on my limited knowledge of chemistry, and what Anon states was brought as supplies, they would have had to do two separate TYPES of tests to determine that. There is no specific mention of monitoring equipment.

Ok, lets assume that indeed it was just a semantics issue and that Anon/team members really meant "bacteria" and "chemicals" to be the same thing. And assume they brought the proper testing equipment. To my knowledge, most bacterial/chemical scanning equipment (for water anyways) functions based on knowledge of certain quantities/characteristics to return a positive. For instance (fabricated) "all bacteria exhibit characteristic X, so if X is not found the sample does not contain bacteria". Note that "lack of X" does not imply "lack of bacteria".

Now how can a device created to scan for the characterisics of KNOWN bacteria simply DETECT "uknown" bacteria? Did this mysterious bacteria "almost quite" fit into one of the categories of the device? Did it exhibit "some typical characteristics" of known bacteria? I might not be concise here but I just can't mentally get around this fact for some reason.

Everything else that I thought was bunk has already been covered in this thread. I welcome you to share your thoughts and opinions regarding this "bacteria" issue.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'll come back and address some of the issues in a bit, but for now I want to move on to the field that I know most about and the field where -- although Anony-Hoaxer doesn't say much, he makes huge and obvious mistakes:

Anthropology... and linguistics... and by the way, the culture of the 1960's when I was growing up.

Let's go back to the team, which is said to consist of a varying number of individuals and they are either all male or one is a female who is also a linguist. And they are all scientists, except for the guards (whether or not the pilots are also scientists is not mentioned ... ditto the leader.)

Scientists capable of being sent off on teams by the military all have degrees (otherwise they're technicians, according to the government. Under current hiring standards the government actually won't hire you as a scientist unless you have at least a Master's -- but usually a PhD.

That's at least 6 years of college after a Bachelors, so it's a reasonable assumption that they're all between the ages of 24 and 34. They'd be military officers (Anony-Hoaxer says they come from different branches of the military.)

Two points stand out: This was the era of June Cleaver... of the stay-at-home mom where (as the older women on the board can tell you from PERSONAL experience) women were supposed to marry, hold only certain domestic/teaching jobs, and were NEVER assigned to an all-male unit and shipped abroad.

As scientists, their work was minimized in the main. Opportunities were few. Men didn't take orders from them. I heard Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper talk about life as a scientist in the Navy during the 1960's and how much trouble she had getting men to work with her as a colleague (several quit or threatened to quit rather than work for a woman.) Pilots in general (any former Vietnam nurses around?) were extremely (and often offensively) sexist. The military itself, while not as racist as the rest of the United States, was very conservative and very sexist.

It has, thank heavens, changed thanks to the work and efforts of men and women who came of age in the 1960's and 1970's-- though some of that had to be brought about by lawsuits over practices such as "Tailhook."

A single woman of that era being sent off with a team of men for ten years would have been treated as a prostitute -- unless she was the wife of one of the team. In the latter case, she would have been expected to stay at base, keep everyone's quarters clean, and bake cookies -- a perfect officer's wife, just like my mom and sister-in-law. Morale would, of course, sink to a new low as only one member of the team had access to sex (women who had affairs were treated as prostitutes, and the presence of a prostitute on the team would have led to violence and jealously.)

It doesn't take a Freud to see how dangerous the situation could get and how the interpersonal friction could destroy or compromise a mission or team.

In the "I swiped this bit from Stargate" world of Anony-Hoaxer, this never creeps in. As with "Star Trek" or any movies of the 1950's and early 1960's, the woman goes bounding off with the team, stands around looking pretty (when she's not "opening hailing frequencies"), falls in love with the manly lead, and screams her head off at bugs, aliens, and odd noises in between wandering around with a tricorder and looking thoughtful while the men do all the discovering.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So, let's talk about the linguists and the languages -- or, rather, "language specialists." Remember that the "team" is of officers and that they are cross-trained in sciences and that we have not one but TWO "language specialists."

"Language specialist" is, indeed, a government designated job. It is not a scientist (that's a linguist) but is rather someone who is such an expert in a language that they can translate "in real time" as the other person is speaking (like translators at the U.N.) : www.opm.gov...

I haven't touched on the fact that there is more than one person being "Anonymous"... I'll get to that later. However, the Anonymous Party First Posting stated they sent along "language specialists"... therefore they have two people who speak fluent Eben, having learned it from goodole Ebe-1.

And "Anony-Hoaxer" should know what they were, right? After all, he says he's the team leader. He's in the military. He's used language services. Therefore he SHOULD know the difference between a "language specialist" and a liguist.

He doesn't.

Niether does Anonymous Hoaxer #2.

"Anonymous Hoaxer2" (referrred to henceforth as "Clown2"), who is a little more sophisticated and somewhat better educated (or watches a better class of movies) than Anony-Hoaxer one chimes in with this... I'll just quote it:

There were two females, one being a doctor and the other being a linguist.

Clown2, unlike Anony-Hoaxer, figured out that 10 years without sex was implausible so he'd send along a team lifted from "Incredible Planet" and include a blonde and pliant physician along with a tastefully bosomed brunette who was a Real Linguist and not some goofball who happened to speak fluent Eben. Now the ratio's down to 8 guys and 2 women or even 10 guys and two women.

(I'm waiting for Anonymous Clown#3 to show up and announce that it was actually six married couples.)

So let's review what Anony-Hoaxer and Clown2 said:

Although the Ebens couldn't speak English, they did make noises that our team members were able to translate into English. After five years, we had their language completely translated into English

This was a gigantic problem, to say the least. It took our linguist specialists several years to adequately establish a form of communication with the Ebens. A group of Ebens learned to understand English and a few other Earth languages.

And then they wave the "YOU guys are special because we've chosen to reveal this to YOU and not to the whole world" flag to make sure you will find them credible.

They then sit back and smile, presenting this galactic civilization -- which has scientists of all stripes (and linguists -- remember they translated messages) and has computer equipment far beyond what we have today and devices we can't even imagine -- and this incredible advanced civilization can't understand English adequately.

Ordinary Chinese people can understand English with training and immersion. Ordinary Watusis are capable of understanding and speaking English with training. So can the K!ung. So can billions of other people who didn't grow up in English-speaking families.

The ordinary dog who lives in the household has been demonstrated to understand at least 150 different words, and trained dogs have been taught to understand over 300 words: abc.net.au...

And we're expected to believe wholeheartedly that the Ebens with their advanced technology and civilization can't do better than a couple of Labrador Retrievers and a parrot or two?

Eventually we crudely translated some of the languge.

...but they'd already translated enough to understand complex concepts like meeting, social structure,

We started with simple items, for example, the flying object that they used to travel around their planet on. Then things like houses, roads, food, clothing, their suns, their planet, etc. Although we did establish some form of communication, it was crude and not always helpful for our Team when something complicated happened.

So, in spite of knowing enough of the language to enter into a formal agreement with this civilization, the team is not taught any language and is given "language specialists" who actually can't speak the language and/or linguists who take 5 years to figure out a language...

...when...

BACKGROUND : Ebe #1 provided a communication device that allowed us to contact Serpo.
(etc)
With Ebe#1's assistance and language input, several signals were sent during the summer of 1952. In early fall of 1952, we received several signals on the device.
Ebe #1 translated the messages and provided us with that information. (etc)
— The fifth message suggested an exchange program

Fearing that Ebe #1, who was sick at this point, did not translate the message correctly, our scientists began to translate the message, based on the Eben language that was taught to us by Ebe #1.

And... most importantly:

Notably, "Project Aquarius," Volume IX, which pertains to tracing the alien's first visitation of Earth back some 5,000 years. EBE reported that 2,000 years ago, his ancestors planted a human creature on earth to assist the inhabitants of Earth in developing a civilization.

So, on the one hand we have a civilization that monitored ours for at least 5,000 years and who sent a representative to "help" us "develop a civilization" 2000 years ago. This would be at the time of the fall of Egypt, the waning of the Greek civilization, the height of the power of Rome, the powerful Han dynasty in China, the Olmecs in the Americas (along with the rise of the Anasazi, Iroquois tribes), etc, etc.

Furthermore, the representative spoke one or more of those languages (some tonal, some gutteral, with a variety of phonemes)... and spoke it fluently so he could communicate complex messages (you just KNOW they're setting it up to be Eben Representative=Jesus).

2,00 years later (during which they've been visiting us) they find that English is impossible to understand and they can't really translate it well... and in fact, the best they can do is translate around 500 words.

And yet....

We did have visitors from nine other star systems.

The Grays, which some people characterize as being like the Ebens, were not. They came from a planet near Alpha Centauri A.

They can communicate and interact with nine other kinds of alien civilizations (and a 10th one that they destroyed)...

...but they can't figure out English.

It's that darn Planetary Stupidity Field at work again!

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There were two females, one being a doctor and the other being a linguist.

If the female linguist was a cunning linguist, then that might clear up several inconsistencies of the Serpo story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join