It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Anticipation for ES Oblivion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I know you can get a good 2 gb chip set on newegg for like 250. That would make oblivion run reall good. Question, I have a 1.8 Ghz processor in my comp and 512 RAM. Anyone think that will support oblivioin for some good gameplay. meaning, no lag.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
... I have a 1.8 Ghz processor in my comp and 512 RAM. Anyone think that will support oblivioin for some good gameplay. meaning, no lag.

See the minimum requirements earlier in the thread.

HERE

You will probably need a CPU upgrade to start with, that is if your looking to reduce lag.

[edit on 2/3/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
You should be able to pickup 2 sticks of 512MB PC3200 on Ebay for around $80 +/- a few$, NOT generic no-name memory, something along the lines of Crucial, Micron, Samsung, etc. Never skimp on the quality of RAM you use/choose.

Use the remainder to get the best AGP video card for your $. You might want to check out Tiger Direct, one of the larger online computer parts and accessories retailers/wholesalers. I've made several purchases from them and have been completely satisfied with their service, support, and shipping.

I have been looking around on www.pricewatch.com... for comparison pricing. I had seen a 1Gb chip for around $33 US, but I wouldn't trust it to be of a good quality. Thanks for another website to look through though.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
I had seen a 1Gb chip for around $33 US, but I wouldn't trust it to be of a good quality.

"... I wouldn't trust it to be of good quality" exactly

While there are many brands of memory on the market, you should focus more on the maker of the actual chips on the wafer board. Look for Micron(MT), Samsung or Hyundai, as they are amonst the top manufacturers of quality memory "chips".

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't know where anyone gets AMD's running too hot, they ruyn cooler than P4's.

I have an athlon 4000 with factory heatsink and fan, it idles at 22 degree's C and max's out at 387 degree's C being pushed with cpu burnin program.

My p4C 3 gig idled at 32C and maxed at 55C.

Now, I admit, the FX series processors do tend to run hotter, but still cooler than equivelent p4 processors.

In my professional experience, P4's are better for multi tasking and office productivity programs (M$ Office and such) and AMd's are better for gaming.

Ever since Amd introduced dual core processors, there really is no need to run Intel anymore.

here is some more cpu info for u:

www.tomshardware.com...

www.tomshardware.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join