It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world being duped into being sterilized?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
First off, do you have a cell phone? If not, how often do you see them? Probably fairly often if you live in or near a populated area.

Cell phones emit a mild amount of radiation in the form of radio- and microwaves. This news lead people to believing that handsfree sets would keep them free from suffering effects such as brain cancer or dielectric heating. But where do people put thier handsfree sets?

More often than not these are placed on the belt, near the genetalia. It's a proven fact that radiation, over time, can lead to sterilization. Whether or not the amount from a cell phone is enough to cause this over time, I do not know, but I'm sure the find medical minds here at ATS may be able to shed some light on the topic.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
while this is an interesting topic, i for one can say that at least as far as my wife and i are concerned, its incorrect.

we are both avid cell phone users and she is 11 weeks pregnant (yay us!).

we only tried for about 3 weeks before she became pregnant.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
best is to donate semen when they still swim
best advice i can give...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
snafu7700

CONGRATS!!

Ahem... Do you use the handsfree set?

I, too, and an avid cell-phone user. I don't use the handsfree set though, but I don't worry about the radiation having adverse effect my head or brain. Has it even been proven that such a thing can happen?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

In the past, they ( The federal Governtment)
had strelilized almost 40% of the child bearing
age females in Puerto Rico!!
This people is nothin new, sad but true!!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't think it's been proven, not sure. You're probably going to die of something else before the low amounts of radiation from cell phones will kill you anyway. Just my opinion. As far as sterilization, that's a good question.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
thanks! this will be our first and we are quite thrilled!

i do try to use hands free as much as possible (especially when driving), because i think there might be something to the reports of the waves causing brain damage over extended use. dont really know one way or the other, but better safe than sorry!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by warriorwolfpr
Hello Friends:

In the past, they ( The federal Governtment)
had strelilized almost 40% of the child bearing
age females in Puerto Rico!!
This people is nothin new, sad but true!!

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Originally posted by snafu7700
i do try to use hands free as much as possible (especially when driving), because i think there might be something to the reports of the waves causing brain damage over extended use. dont really know one way or the other, but better safe than sorry!

While you're driving is it still on your waist though, or would it be placed on the dash somewhere?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

While you're driving is it still on your waist though, or would it be placed on the dash somewhere?

no, i have a holder on the dashboard that the phone clips to. when i'm driving i use the headset simply to have both hands free and be able to have a clearer field of view. even so, i try to limit my cellphone use in the car, as i consider it to be a dangerous distraction.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
cmdrkeenkid

The American eugenics program was the premier in the world. In fact, the Nazi's experiments in large-scale eugenics were largely inspired by American research into the betterment of society by sterilizing 'undersirables.'

The eugenics program that America spear-headed in PR was essentially based on the perception that Puerto Rican families were too large and too undisciplined in their breeding habits. Sick stuff. Essentially industrialists brought job oppurtunities, and then used the dependence of women on the jobs to push sterilization.

Check out these -

www.library.wisc.edu...
www.hnn.us...

www.commondreams.org...

clem.mscd.edu...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

Yes, I can back my staments about the Female sterilizations in
Puerto Rico around the 1970's.

Please go to:
www.cwluherstory.com...

and for a biografy please go to:
www.library.wisc.edu...

like I said sad but true!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hmm...my sister, who is a stock broker, uses a hand free clip on her hip all the time, pretty much most of the day every day and she is now 6 weeks pregnant. Doesn't seem to have effected her too much, I guess.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There has been no proof that mobile phones cause any harm. They say that you would have to make a call that lasts at least 13 hours a day, for around 30 years without a break for the to be any serious risk.

In fact they say you get more radiation out of eating food cooked in a micro-wave, so maybe we should be looking into that area. Just a thought.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
There has been no proof that mobile phones cause any harm. They say that you would have to make a call that lasts at least 13 hours a day, for around 30 years without a break for the to be any serious risk.

Thanks for the info!

I just thought of something though... People have said that their spouses use the handsfree sets while pregnant. Could the radiation have any adverse effects on the woman's biological system or on the fragile fetus maturing within?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
there was a thing in the news a while back about the heat from laptops causing sterility or something.

Didn't we already deal with the whole cell phones cause tumors in the brain issue a few years ago?

snafu, she's pregnant but who's to say your sperm is viable? maybe your cell phone has rendered your boys useless and the baby is....I'm kidding.

congratulations. I've got two at home and it's a blast.

sure a blast, yeah that's it. hang a sec, let me get the spit up off my shirt. yeah a blast

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

snafu, she's pregnant but who's to say your sperm is viable? maybe your cell phone has rendered your boys useless and the baby is....I'm kidding.

congratulations. I've got two at home and it's a blast.

sure a blast, yeah that's it. hang a sec, let me get the spit up off my shirt. yeah a blast

lol...you and my dad would get along great. his only words of advice to me:

"get a blood test!" of course, this came from a man working on his 4th marriage.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello cmdrkeenkid:

You, my friend asked for evidance on my claim that in the
past nearly 40% of the child bearing age females were
sterilized. I presented my evidance and strangly there is no
coments from you?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hello:

Almost the 40 % of females in Puerto Rico is
what I ment in my coment above.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
there was a thing in the news a while back about the heat from laptops causing sterility or something.

Ah, but the difference between the two is that that has been proven to happen. The scrotum basically a temperature regulating part. It keeps the testicles are optium temperature for sperm production. Too hot or too cold can severely damage the organs. The internal temperature of the body is too high, so evolution has allowed them to hang free and be cooler. Likewise, when they get cold they come up next to the body for its warmth.

Basically, when you place a laptop on your lap you're abating the scrotum's ability to do this, causing the temperature of the testicles to rise. This not only causes a slow in sperm production, but can perminantly damage the testicles.

Other causes of this are taking too hot of showers, being in a hot tub for too long, sitting with a box of pizza on your lap, etc...

warriorwolfpr, I wasn't ignoring you. Sorry that you may have felt that way. I thank you for providing information to back up your previous claims. I had never heard of that before. It's quite disgusting.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't care if I reproduce, anyway. It's not like there's a shortage of people. People are not an endangered species. Life is cheap.

top topics

join