It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you "Enlightened" by a higher power?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, so many people it seems have been given their knowledge from God or some other higher, religious power. Be it knowledge of the coming destruction/saving of mankind, when the rapture will occur, when the Prophet will return, when aliens will invade, or the inner workings of the universe, so many people seem to be tapping this endless source of knowledge.

It seems that every few days someone new comes out claiming they have been given knowledge from some higher power, but the question is, how do they do it? Where did this higher power come from? Why did they get the knowledge and not people who could apply it better like leaders, scientists, or clerics receive it?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the number one pre-requisite to attaining this knowledge from a higher source is belief in the possibilty that nothing is impossible. These people that you mention, scientists in particular, historically don't possess this basic pre-requisite.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very interesting because I have been asking myself the same questions...

I to have been filled with the knowledge of the coming potential that we have.

Think of it as a stream we are all flowing in and in the not too distant future there is a branch that we may grasp for to pull us out of the stream...

The signs are there for everyone to see actually, just those that either choose not to notice them or dismiss them as coincidence or the ones that are so rapped up in the stream that they cannot see the branch at all....

The universe if you like speaks to us all... though only those who listen can hear it.... a bit like if you were to listen to an orchestra, it is one sound...

However, if you listen very carefully for the cello you can single out that one sound and hear it play more clearly, the other instruments become a background.

The more of us that come close to becoming Enlightened the easier it becomes for others to see the truth.

There are many others like me who are only just beginning to understand what it means to be a being of light.

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
The signs are there for everyone to see actually, just those that either choose not to notice them or dismiss them as coincidence or the ones that are so rapped up in the stream that they cannot see the branch at all....

But what "opened your eyes" to these signs? What made you one day see these things? And can't you say that these signs have been seen my hundreds, thousands, and maybe millions over the millenia?

There are many others like me who are only just beginning to understand what it means to be a being of light.

What do you mean by that?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There is something definately opening up in the Universe that is allowing extraordinary things to happen to ppl. I looked on the internet what 11:11 was all about, a number I have been seeing quite frequently and supposedly, it represents a Gate or the activation of a gate.

||:|| if ya think about it the number looks kinda like pillars or doors.

Maybe we are evolving or being brought to a higher vibrational freq.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

The self-proclaimed enlightened people say things like that all the time, but what does it mean? Does anyone really know? I sure don't!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
~~

this article titled "Supernatural Selection"
from this link Boston.com

addresses the questions you just asked in the last post, cmdrkeenkid,

But what "opened your eyes" to these signs?
What made you one day see these things?
And can't you say
that these signs have been seen by hundreds, thousands, and maybe
millions over the millenia?

[A Tufts Professor and famed Darwinist wants us to study religion
like any other human behavior - as a 'natural phenomenon'- -
Scientists, meanwhile, may be on the way to explaining how, and why,
we got religion]

I'm with this guys thinking....proposing that religion is a social behavior & ultimately a survival tool used by a self-aware entity...

and in my thinking, theres not much difference between people that have
compulsive or addictive behavior
and other people that are absorbed with both the mundane and the supernatural aspects of religion.

i also liked this little nugget within the article;

Religion > Christianity; sometimes it stimulates creativity........
........................................... sometimes it fosters ignorance.

BTW: You will need to join (free) the boston.com site to read the final page 4 of the article.
i printed a copy; and left the cookie on my PC, because i don't know if they'll have anything i wanna read any time soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I too have wondered where some people are getting their "absolute truths" from, and why they seem to think it should be common knowledge to everyone else.

Are they hearing voices that they believe to be God? If so, which God? Every religion has someone that says "God told me . . . " So are there multiple Gods? Or is it just one God, but is manifested in whatever form based on the religion they were raised with?

I know that If I were to hear voices that weren't mine, I'd voluntarily check myself into the nearest mental health facility, and I sure as heck wouldn't go around telling people what I'd heard for fear of being locked up involuntarily. - Does someone hearing what they believe to be God equal insanity, or does calling them crazy when they tell you make you blasphemous?

How are we to know if they are hallucinating, schizophrenic, or manipulative controllers? I can tell someone what I think they should believe, even if I don't really believe it myself, to control them enough to suit my needs or even the 'wants' of a larger group. It all comes down to how much you trust the leaders to do what's in your best interest - and that's the problem, once enough people believe someone, they get power - and enough power leads to corruption - and corruption will make the leaders do what's in their best interest, not yours, or even the group as a whole.

That's my problem with 'organized' religion - once it gets 'organized', someone will eventually take the reigns that doesn't have the best interest of that religion at heart. The religion eventually becomes corrupt and soon it all becomes "telling followers what they want to hear, so we can make more money or get more power or be the biggest religion on the block"

Does all that mean that if you say you have a personal relationship with God, so you don't 'need' the church, that you are going to hell? If I depended totally on donations, I'd tell people they had to come to my house too - then I'd tell them that the "almighty" told me they are "supposed" to give money to the Church (me) - Yeah, that's the ticket.

How do we know which religion is the "right" one? According to most all religions, theirs is the only "true" one, so that must mean everyone else is going to hell, or limbo, or wherever one goes that didn't believe the "right" belief. And with some religions having so many denominations, and each denomination is the "right" one - who knows what's going on anymore and how is anyone supposed to make any sense of it?

Eeh, that's probably why I don't worry about it too much anymore and just keep out of other people's way - Let them all carry each other to hell in a handbasket, and I'll just sit and watch TV till it's safe to go out and play

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by magnito_student

The self-proclaimed enlightened people say things like that all the time, but what does it mean? Does anyone really know? I sure don't!

It is definitely hard to wrap your head around. Even the enlightened have a hard time answering most questions. The theory is this:

Life and everything that coorasponds with life is all represented by the strings of an aucustic guitar. Each note represents a certain life stimualtion. Some note higher, some lower, some more obvious, others not. yet all notes are needed to play the song of life. God (creator) is the hand that effortlessly plays the strings. Just like the inanimate strings have no real knowledge of the musician, people at the lowest note have the hardest time understanding the music.

Some people that are associated to the highest notes, the most distinct notes are closer to the music than others. God every once in a while changes the direction of the song, so he must play different notes. We don't know why because we are not the musician, we are the music.

The enlightened (so to speak) are only the high notes that can first feel the change in the music, the rest will certainly follow suit. I hope this helps. AAC

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
AnAbsoluteCreation
So what does one end up "being brought to a higher vibrational frequency" then?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
AnAbsoluteCreation
So what does one end up "being brought to a higher vibrational frequency" then?

Okay, this is a long subject that I am willing to discuss. The "higher vibrational frequency (as crude as it sounds) is a gift and the purpose and place that all creation is developing towards. Just as there is evolution in nature, there is evolution in our consciousness (spirit). The people that are proclaiming they have been enlightened are not devoid of of the developement process. I feel I have been awakened for the last seven years, and everyday has been part of that new journey.

How does one get on that journey? There are prerequisites to obtain this gift. You must have compassion in your heart. You must be selfless at the root. You must give before taking. You must be this person from within. Are you with me thus far? Any questions so far?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I thought for a while that I was enlightened by a higher power. I thought I could feel the pain and suffering of others, feel the vibrations of the electrons everywhere in the universe, and omnipotently forsee the grand scheme of life: ended up though it was just gas.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I thought for a while that I was enlightened by a higher power. I thought I could feel the pain and suffering of others, feel the vibrations of the electrons everywhere in the universe, and omnipotently forsee the grand scheme of life: ended up though it was just gas.

That's funny.
Let me ask you a question. How would you describe the color blue to a man born blind? Where could you start. It is impossible to make someone see what they can't see.

My words will itch in your ears until you are ready to hear them.

Emerson

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How would I explain to him the color blue? well first of all, if a person was born blind, color has no point anyways.

But how would I describe a color, well, hypothetically you could try to associate a color to a texture. For example, I would make a "blue texture" thats very mellow feeling, with lowly bumps, to make it feel depressed and sad, while the red texture would be ragged and very alive. This would not give them an idea on the look of a color, but it gives them the idea of the emotional feeling of the color, and how it affects a person whom sees it. After all, colors are just what our cones and rods think they are, and we're probably getting the colors wrong anyways for all we know.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I believe that a true enlightened person doesn't have the need to advertise his closeness to a higher being or God.

The reason for that is very simple an enlightened person has knowledge of humanity and of him or herself and that alone will make it stand out from any other human being in a room without having to open his mouth.

That is a truly enlightened person, only when ask he or she will shared the lessons he or she has been given to shared and that doesn't mean changing anybodies believes or religion.

Even a smile or a kind word will turn anybody into a believer even if that person has not clue as to what.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

How would I explain to him the color blue? well first of all, if a person was born blind, color has no point anyways.

But how would I describe a color, well, hypothetically you could try to associate a color to a texture. For example, I would make a "blue texture" thats very mellow feeling, with lowly bumps, to make it feel depressed and sad, while the red texture would be ragged and very alive. This would not give them an idea on the look of a color, but it gives them the idea of the emotional feeling of the color, and how it affects a person whom sees it. After all, colors are just what our cones and rods think they are, and we're probably getting the colors wrong anyways for all we know.

Wolfofwar I do opologize, you missed the whole point... Perhaps you are also blind to the point of this thread... AAC

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well I did answer the question you asked. You gave me a relative straight question, how would I start, I told you. I understand your trying to make a point, sorry if I blew a hole in it by actually answering the question, but you did ask.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well I did answer the question you asked. You gave me a relative straight question, how would I start, I told you. I understand your trying to make a point, sorry if I blew a hole in it by actually answering the question, but you did ask.

True. I was just hoping to get sincerity. AAC

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanks, Cmdrkeenkid...a wonderful question.

I'll try to keep this short, because the reasons for my steadfast belief in a Creator have been shaped by at least 50 years of experiences. I'm 59 now.

Why do I believe in a soul?

Two reasons;

1. As a nutty 5 year old boy living in war-torn Holland during 1951, I had a dream which still haunts me today. In the dream I was a child, much the same age as myself, but it was not me. I was under a pile of naked bodies, panicking, clawing my way up and out of this writhing heap of slippery humanity. As I finally pushed my head out, I awoke.

My grandfather, who was a minister, listened to me tell the dreams' contents that morning and became very upset, but would not tell me why. Neither would my parents, who also seemed distraught, explain why. Later in life, during my teens in Canada, I learned of how children in gas chambers would be shielded from the gas by adults, who would cover them with their bodies as they themselves died. Such a child would be the last to suffer death. Where did that memory come from? No-one told me about those gas chambers...I was a toddler, sheilded from such horrors.

I believe this is a case which lends credence to reincarnation.

2. During the crazy 60's, I was a student at an art school far from home. In my early 20's (1968), I cared little for food, rest and healthy lifestyle and spent my few dollars on rock concerts, art material and all such things instead. One evening, I was feeling very ill indeed, and, laying in my bed, contemplated a peculiar weightlessness and shrinking feeling. I can't say I was sleeping, because I was very aware and remember it well, and yet, when I opened my eyes, it was to see my body lying below me on the bed. This was such a shock that I immediately panicked and slammed back into my body.

I believe this reinforced my belief in reincarnation and forced me to believe, finally, in a soul.

Why do I believe in a Creator?

Now I'm in my 20's and both of the above experiences are seared into my consciousnous, I begin to be interested in all things occult. I join the Rosicrucians and study methods of meditation which leads me in all sorts of directions, but always those based on spiritualism. I buy books by the armload and stop reading Science Fiction which sustained me so well prior to that. I become interested in Native American traditions, make friends with like-minded people and never stop searching in that rich vein.

It all seemed so fruitless, though, because, what it did do was undermine my Christian values the more I learned. It was like I had opened Pandoras Box and that all I had previously been taught by my devout father and grandfather had fallen to dust. The answers lay elsewhere...everything I read indicated that...and, yet, I still believed in the soul. I was a living oxymoron.

Then, in 1973, I started working at a nuclear power station. When I was introduced to the knowledge of atomic structure, an entirely new paradigm opened to me. I learned that the material world was not as it seemed. That our solar system had the same basic structure as atoms and electrons, like planets revolved aroung a nucleus much like our sun. Soon, 'as above, so below' started to make some sense. Most of all, the thought that the spaces between atoms were so immense that it had me looking at a coffee table and wondering if it was possible for my hand to vibrate a certain way and that I could push it straight through.

Then, of course, I stared looking at Quantum physics, string theory and all such marvellous ideas...and it came to me that all things are, basically, just energy...nothing is what it seems...there is no 'solid matter' and everything in the universe was like my soul...unfathomable, ungraspable, unmalleable.
Everything exists only because of some desire of that energy to be defined as 'form'.

What makes that ball of energy called an atom? What makes those atoms form molecules? What keeps it all together?

The creator.

. edited for idiotic grammer and spelling

[edit on 2-2-2006 by masqua]

[edit on 2-2-2006 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Most delusional people either are or have been in contact with some 'other' being. Many expect most people to disbelieve them and some, in moments of clear thinking, know why.
The question of speaking with or receiving messages from a deity is more complicated. Firstly, there are the charlatans then the self deluded, for whatever reason either church or group pressure. This second group is common and very large and this behavior accounts for most profession of religion. namely, most people are basically insincere about what they really think about religion.
Finally there are those individuals who actually convience themselves that some contact has occurred. John Wesley is a good example. He experienced what was most likely a male menopause event; he was of the right age and while I have not researched his background, he was probably among the group of the almost 50 % of males who experience some symtpms. He apparently had a hot flash in the church yard, fainted and arose after awhile assuming he had received a message from the Anglican deity. He then founded a better version of the English church (in his opinion, of course) and we have the Methodist Church as a result. I reccomend not telling your methodist friends.
So are there plenty of people who believe or claim to believe that they have been contacted? Yes.
Are there any who have been contacter by other world life forms?,,,No!
skep

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join