It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming, OBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Someone mentioned Lucid Dreaming in passing to me last night and it peaked my interest. I had these before but very spontaneously.

This time I tried the wake-up-go-back-to-sleep method (exactly what the name says - wake up, fall back sleep, but stay aware).

I had woken up to pee in the middle of the night and was like "Why not?" so I focused on staying aware as I fell asleep.

I recognized entering the dream and I recognized the first few minutes of the dream. It was actually in the Super Bowl and the first thing I did was fly. I ran down the field and jumped and flew over the crowd and out of the stadium and then...I lost my awareness and fell completely asleep.

I plan to try this again tonight. It's so amazingly cool how it feels when you realize you're in a dream. It's just tough to maintain focus because you're like "OH CRAP I'M DREAMING."

A few questions though:

1. What can I do in the dream to prevent myself from losing the awareness and either falling completely asleep or waking up?

2. While I was doing this, I tried to see if I could move any of my body parts. I couldn't without a huge effort. Is this normal? Does that mean I'm close to the desired state?

3. How can I go from simply lucid dreaming to an actual "OOBE"?

Thanks!

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
1. What can I do in the dream to prevent myself from losing the awareness and either falling completely asleep or waking up?

2. While I was doing this, I tried to see if I could move any of my body parts. I couldn't without a huge effort. Is this normal? Does that mean I'm close to the desired state?

3. How can I go from simply lucid dreaming to an actual "OOBE"?

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Cutwolf]

1. Not sure, I here that spinning around and looking at your hands helps to maintain lucidity, although I haven't spent much time experimenting with this technique to know how effective it is.

2. You need only believe and have the confidence that you can do anything and you will be able to. Doubt is your only enemy in this situation.

3. I myself have been working on this for a few months with limited success, however I hear you are already OOB when in this state, just surrounded by subjective matter. You need to eliminate the subjective matter. Again I feel belief is the key and perhaps the awareness of where your physical body is (ie. asleep in bed), when you enter this state will aid your cause.

join