It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Find!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Scientists in Britian have discovered why the cookie crumbles... along with the rest of British Society....

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20031002/od_afp/science_britain_biscuit_031002134532

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I dont know what to say about this. But I guess sometimes you have to do science for the heck of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I guess no one cares about cookies here.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yeah! I was reading up on that # yesterday. Damn, people actually sit around and study that #? Isn't there more important things to do in life than study why cookies crumble. They call them biscuits in the article too, not sure why, cause they're cookies!

Good Find Tho!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I wonder what they call crackers over there?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Using sophisticated laser techniques, physicists at the University of Loughborough, in the north of England, found that a biscuit develops "fault lines" a few hours after it comes out of the oven.

As it cools down, it picks up moisture around the rim, causing it to expand -- while at the same time, moisture at the centre makes it contract.

The result is a build-up of strain forces which pulls the biscuit apart, making them vulnerable when handled, moved or packaged.

Wow...if I ever go for my Masters...now I'll know what to do my thesis on, hehe....

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
what a wonderful way of using resources and money absolutely crucial factor in solving world peace. least know they can produce non crumbling biscuits jsut wait and see mcvities will bring them out soon enough another marketing scam

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
u seemed to have hit the point exactly kurt just wait will have non melting icecream soon

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Years ago I worked for a manufacturer that had a 'cookie' line. We helped start it up from scratch so to speak. So I know a bit about cookies for sure. So this was interesting to me.

Did you know that cookies do not actually cook' as the name suggests but melt under the heat of an oven?

It is due to the high sugar and fats content and the relatively high temperatures they endure. Remember they are very thin too. The food manufacturing industry is very interesting due to its delving into chemistry, physics and advanced technologies these days.

Just goes to show you that if what you put in your mouth isn't what you think it is, then what is 'out there' is not going to be what you think it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
lol there is just so much behind a cookie. but i still havent seen any pictures of the legendary smartie peeler.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
They call them biscuits in the article too, not sure why, cause they're cookies!

Why? The article refers to the UK, and over here, cookies are biscuits, whether ye like it or not

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
I wonder what they call crackers over there?

Crackers

new topics

top topics

join