It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban recruits promised booty on earth, virgins in paradise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
link

SPIN BOLDAK, Afghanistan (AFP) - Saifullah was tired of his exhausting job as a blacksmith in a Pakistani village when a friend suggested he join the jihad, or holy war, against US troops in Afghanistan.

The 20-year-old, who shared a simple mud-brick house with his father, mother and a brother, told AFP he wasn't sure whether to accept the call to fight in the country of his forefathers or to continue with his hammer and anvil.

"If you kill one American soldier, then you can keep his money, his gun, boots and clothes," he recalled his friend saying.

"And if I die?" Saifullah said he asked of the young man, himself a recruit of Taliban commander Mullah Samad who is said to be close to the fugitive leader of the ousted extremist Taliban regime, Mullah Omar.

"If you die, you will get seven virgin 'houris' in paradise," the man said, referring to the virgin angels the Muslim holy book, the Koran, says awaits good Muslims, especially martyrs, when they die.

Soo, he decided to join Jihad because he was bored of his work. He wasn't mad at America or anything. Just plain bored. Luckily he and his comrades were stopped by the Afghan tribesmen. Pretty rare to see these tribesmen take on the Taliban.

O yeah and 72 hours from being a recruit to now a prisoner. Tsk Tsk.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You know I'd be willing to let them die for the possibility of 70 virgins in the great hereafter, but unfortunately they have a bad habit of taking others, usually innocent bystanders, with them. Cowards the lot of them. Dangerous cowards, but cowards nevertheless.

Incompetent as well as delusional, nice combination.

I wonder what the Afghanii government is going to do with him? Venture to guess it won't be pleasent. Too bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Scary isn't it, how easy it is to get kids to become terrorists. How proud the Taliban must be to recruit kids like this one. It just confirms what I've always believed about terrorists Muslim or non-Muslim they are cowards with no respect for life theirs or anyone else's. By the by if the leaders of the Taliban think paradise is so fab with the virgins and such why aren't they blowing themselves up to get there instead of recruiting young kids to do their dirty work for them?

join