It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could America lose Turkey as an ally over a movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
movies.yahoo.com...

In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" set to open in Turkey on Friday feeds off the increasingly negative feelings many Turks harbor toward their longtime NATO allies: Americans.

The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million, is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months.

If this is the perception of Americans being protrayed as killers and having help from Jewish doctors to sell body parts, we are in big trouble in the War on Terror. Even if its a movie, the Turks would believe this.

mod edit, needed an alternate word

[edit on 3-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Any educated person isn't going to take a fiction movie and fiction novel as a representation of reality, and there are plenty of educated people in Turkey.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, there are a lot of smart Turks, but just like in any other country, "the masses" will gossip over it. It's a sad state of affairs, but a lot of innocent people were killed by American, British, etc. soldiers in Iraq. What's funny though, is that, instead of displaying sympathy for it, most people in those respective countries say, "It's a casualty of war." Then, they turn around and say, "We're there to free them." Which is it?

The Turkish people and, in fact, the entire world has a right to be angry about going to war in Iraq. But I do not agree with the propaganda of this movie. There hasn't even been a rumor that I've heard of alluding to organ selling. And sadly, many people in Turkey will get subtle impressions of the bloodthirsty Americans, just as in the West, people will mock the Turk's religion. When will it end?

Nygdan, this isn't exactly fiction, it's based around real events, but just a fake story line.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The US executing iraqis to give them over to jew doctors who sell their organism to world jewry is fictional.

Besides, turkey can't afford to move against the US, because then they'll be broken in half and have to deal with an independant Kurdistan.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Nygdan, obviously.....Was that ever in question? But the Iraqi War and the place of Abu Grahib is real.

Well, Turkey won't allow an independent Kurdistan, and I think Turkey could handle such a case.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
But I do not agree with the propaganda of this movie. There hasn't even been a rumor that I've heard of alluding to organ selling.

There have been rumors of organ selling that were spreading in the muslim world and they were repeated in threads on this site but they weren't from reputable sources.

Dead and Wounded Iraqis being used as Organ Donors (from ATSNN)

[edit on 2-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah stuff like this is nothing new. The Palestinians spread propaganda that Jews have to drink the blood of Arab children in religious rituals.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The rumours about organ selling is probably the inspiration for the movie.

on jews drinking blood, apparently some orthodox (or is it the chasidim?) DO infact have a circumcision ritual in which the rabbi/moyel does infact suck the blood out of the circumcision wound. In NY, one idiot that was doing this had herpes or some such and was spreading it to these kids. There was a bit of an uproar over the city/state wanting to stop the practice, or even that particular moronic rabbi.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This isnt good news, while I doubt it will lose an ally over it, it kinda shows how some of the people see the US. While what they see isnt the truth, it can be very influencing on those who have never left their country or actually met an American. I mean, look at Pakistan after some of these people met Americans for the first time, they realized that were not so bad and in many ways alike. I dont think it will have an impact on the Government of Military, both of which work with the US. I think we can safely assume they have a bit more sense than to beleive this kind of junk.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Loosing the Turkey would be not so bad, at least US could support independent Kurdistan.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You assume too much Nygdan, even smart people will take on the social fallacies and prejudices that make them appear better or more rightous than other groups.

Who do you think are all the people protesting about the cartoons? They are not stupid, they just believe the lies.

Seem like the fiction is based on a kernal of fact. I thought it was interesting that Turkey produces this movie about war and death and terrible america at the same time as all the movie talk in America is over two gay cowboys ...

Originally posted by Nygdan
Any educated person isn't going to take a fiction movie and fiction novel as a representation of reality, and there are plenty of educated people in Turkey.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This isn't good news, people fail to take into consideration that even educated individuals will believe something that they so desperately want to be true. If this move is shown throughout the entire ME, then its would be even greatly accepted as reality. The average Muslim whose daily news source only consist of Al Jazeera might not think about whether its fact or fiction as we would.

However I agree that we wont loose Turkey as an ally over this. Also is Turkey’s movie industry private or government owned?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Do all americans believe that muslims are terrorist just because all the hollywood crap about that subject???

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I thought it was interesting that Turkey produces this movie about war and death and terrible america at the same time as all the movie talk in America is over two gay cowboys ...

Heh heh, good point.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Time to go rent "Midnight Express."

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Even if its a movie, the Turks would believe this.

Maybe they're just getting back at us for Midnight Express.

I guess they just got around to renting it.

Edit: Crap, HR beat me to it.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Hamburglar]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds like a story I read about the time when CCP invaded Vietname and Tibet. They killed like 120+ million people (60 million were Chinese) in the past 60 years but no one talks about that. EVIL COMMUNIST SPREADING ACROSS THE GLOBE. They will also sell the organs and stuff from prisoners and slave labor personal.

Plus I think turkey should remember when the cruelty communist China inflicted on the Muslim Turks in Eastern Turkestan.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abu Hamza
Do all americans believe that muslims are terrorist just because all the hollywood crap about that subject???

No, all Americans don't believe hollywood crap about Muslims. Or hollywood crap period.
Since you mention it, I believe almost nothing I see on the news, let alone in a movie

I do think we get slanted news in the mainstream media, but I suspect the media in most countries could be slanted.

new topics

top topics

join