It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major winter storm for east on sat- sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A major storm will be tracking up the east coast this weekend bringing rain right off the coast and snow along the spine of the Appalachians. This will be a major snowfall and there is still a slight possibility the storm could be farther off the coast, which would bring snow to parts of the ohio valley. I do not see that happening, although it is possible. Once on the coast the storm will explode bringing heavy rain to places like Boston, NY, Wasington D.C., and heavy snows to places like State College, near Buffalo, and the eastern half of WV.
I will keep you all updated as more models come in.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
change of plans. the models are now agreeing on the same situation to happen saturday and sunday. A storm in the pacific northwest will shoot south towards new orleans, forming an area of low pressure. this low pressure system will be very powerful. Out in front of this low pressure cold air will be pouring in from canada. the area of low pressure will then come up the ohio valley, bring a blizzard to places like detroit, and very heavy snow with possible blizzard conditions through columbus, ohio, and up the east in spots like detroit and such. Don't listen to your forcasters at home. I am positive on this monster. be prepared for a very nasty winter storm. as well as many more to follow up through mid- march.
Has anyone else seen the models for this weekend.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like the Groundhog was right then...........
Hope everyone who could be affected takes note - be careful out there this weekend!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Man I hope we get something up here in south jersey It's been nice and sunny all winter with sporadic rain I want some snow here

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok forgive my ignorance but what models are you looking at? And why wouldn't the forecasters well forecast it?
Can you give a link in addition to description?
I would like to take a peek see
Do you see anything affecting the Minneapolis area or am I too far north of this?

[edit on 2-2-2006 by DDay]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
sorry i cannot give a link i am a subsciber to the forecast models i have. i pay well over 1000.00 a year for these. But I have talked to other forcasters, who have told me that their models were all over the place with this storm. My models have all agreed on what is going to happen. Most stations and such right now are forcasting the storm to go just west of the appalachains, while i have the storm on the east of the appalachains. Minneapolis will not see snow with this one, and the storm may track right east of the apps, which would mean no snow for detroit either, But definetly parts of ohio and north will get snow.
There is also going to be a possible major storm around the 9th or 10th, this will be all snow if it stays as it looks now, and you detroit will get some with this, but that is a ways away... I will keep you posted as new models come in. next set will come in at around 11:00. Keep in mind the low hasnt formed yet, so it is very possible the storm could track a little farther east which would mean heavier snows in detroit and toledo and places in western ohio.

oh btw jersey will likely see all rain with this one.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hot damn it's about time we get some snow. For a secind there I thought the lizard people had suceeded in converting the earths atmosphere/climate, lol j/k. Tell me about the Philidelphia area. Will we be getting snow 30 miles north of philly? I'm suposed to go snowboarding this satuday, about 60 miles north of philly. I sure would love to have a foot or so of fresh powder.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
sorry man all rain all weekend for philly and allentown, pittsburgh will se a little snow but not much. Dont worry you willl have some soon, but what you get you may not like. I'm just glad i nailed this forcast while all the big meteorologists didnt have a clue, i love it when i'm right

[edit on 3-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lords, looks as though you have a hot ticket in your hands. You could be very instrumental in keeping us ATSers here posted on potentially ugly weather coming our way.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well now I live in the appalachians (southwestern virginia) and I haven't heard anything about this...light snow at the highest elevations is what we are being told. For God's sake don't let this get out...there'll be a stampede to the grocery store to stock up on bread and milk...they do it every time LOL LOL LOL and they'll close the schools in advance of a dusting. I tell my friends in New England this and they think its side splittingly funny.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
sorry man all rain all weekend for philly and allentown, pittsburgh will se a little snow but not much. Dont worry you willl have some soon, but what you get you may not like. I'm just glad i nailed this forcast while all the big meteorologists didnt have a clue, i love it when i'm right

[edit on 3-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

Oh well, looks like I'll be boarding on ice saturday. Thanks for the heads up. Your comment on the meteologists is funny. They are never right, lol. This is certainly a weird winter for us, here in south east PA. Snow before winter hits, and almost none since the solstice. It's the end of times! Duck and cover! lol j/k

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
change of plans. the models are now agreeing on the same situation to happen saturday and sunday. A storm in the pacific northwest will shoot south towards new orleans, forming an area of low pressure. this low pressure system will be very powerful. Out in front of this low pressure cold air will be pouring in from canada. the area of low pressure will then come up the ohio valley, bring a blizzard to places like detroit, and very heavy snow with possible blizzard conditions through columbus, ohio, and up the east in spots like detroit and such. Don't listen to your forcasters at home. I am positive on this monster. be prepared for a very nasty winter storm. as well as many more to follow up through mid- march.
Has anyone else seen the models for this weekend.

sorry guys where i said east i meant west the storm will go west of the apps.. put west where i said east and east where i said west and you'll see it makes more since sorry bout that it wouldnt let me edit when i screwed up... you lall knew what i meant anyways

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey Lordsofchaos, thanks for the heads up. I live in the very northeastern corner of Tennessee; what do you see for this weekend, will we be part of the storm? The pressure appears to be rising here, according to our barometer. It started rising yesterday I think.

Thanks.
-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Hey Lordsofchaos, thanks for the heads up. I live in the very northeastern corner of Tennessee; what do you see for this weekend, will we be part of the storm? The pressure appears to be rising here, according to our barometer. It started rising yesterday I think.

Thanks.
-Forestlady

hi forest yes you may actually see an inch or two of snow. it will definitley start as heavy rain, but will turn to snow as the cold air works its way down.. the amount of snow you get if any will depend on the timing of the cold i'll say you'll get a dusting of snow

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I spent all day on top a ski slope in 33 degree weather (right above freezing) in the pouring rain. I lost all feeling in my hands and was soaked to the bone. If I contract pnuemonia I'm going to be pretty angry. An of your models predicting some heavy snow up in NH? We need it bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks LOC. It does look here like a storm is on its way. It's 53 degrees right now (5:28 Eastern time) and my husband tells me I was reading the barometer wrong. It's one of those old-fashioned kind with liquid that rises when the pressure drops. It has been actually dropping for the last day and a half and just now it's started to rise again. I'll keep you posted if you like, so you can judge the accuracy of your weather forecast, at least in this neck of the woods.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm sitting out here in the middle of nowhere in Cape Cod and so far havent seen more than a light dusting.

I hope a big storm comes for something exiting to see!!!

I cant wait!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well i live just south of detroit, about 10 miles, We have had a very weird winter so far. Jan. Was the warmest on record. We got hit perty hard in nov. and dec. When i drove to the inlaws for turkey day we had about 3 inches of snow on the ground.

And now i have to work saturday night out side at my secerty job

O well

Zintac

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It was 60 degrees today here in Delaware.
This has been the 'winter that wasn't'.
I think the Ground Hog has dementia!
6 more weeks of winter? It hasn't even started yet
and I don't think we are going to have one this year.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, Lordsofchaos, it looks like you were spot on in your forecast!
It has been snowing all day, the temp dropped to 38 and it rained last night.
Good job and thanks for the heads up!

-Forestlady

top topics

<<   2 >>

join